Morrissey DVDs - They'll exist with your help!!

S

Scott

Anyone out there want Morrissey titles on DVD?

Here's a link where you can vote for Moz videos to be released on DVD:

http://www.dvdfile.com/request_infoline/poll_booth/warnermusic.html

> Anyone out there want Morrissey titles on DVD?¿ Here's a link where you can vote for Moz videos to be released¿ on DVD:¿ http://www.dvdfile.com/request_infoline/poll_booth/warnermusic.html

I'm not surprised to see the Morrissey titles toward the end of the list when sorted by number of votes. For some reason, Morrissey fans and collectors were not into laserdiscs like other artists' fans. Even the Smiths are not much higher.

Is it because we're not as fanatical, or because the releases don't offer much for your money?

Anyhow, if they're going to re-release The Complete Picture on DVD, they should do it the right way and put all the videos on it. And why not, all the missing TotP/Tube/tv appearances. There's enough space for it all, and i'm sure it would sell a lot, and not just as a collectors item like the laserdiscs.

Stephane (includes bonus tracks)

" P a s s i o n s J u s t L i k e M i n e "

¿ Is it because we're not as fanatical, or because the releases¿ don't offer much for your money?

It's because we all live in 1986 where DVDs don't exist.

which in turn, begs the question....

How about Morrissey in a _BVD_ format?

> Anyone out there want Morrissey titles on DVD?¿ Here's a link where you can vote for Moz videos to be released¿ on DVD:¿¿ http://www.dvdfile.com/request_infoline/poll_booth/warnermusic.html

I'll definitely vote, as I got a DVD player for XMAS! And it's awesome.

I'm sure it's inevitable that Smiths/Morrissey videos/concerts will end up on DVD. I just hope they do it right.

In the meantime, I recommend the Dark City DVD, which was the best film of 1998, and one of the coolest, feature-rich DVDs around.

¿ Anyhow, if they're going to re-release The Complete Picture on¿ DVD, they should do it the right way and put all the videos on¿ it. And why not, all the missing TotP/Tube/tv appearances.¿ There's enough space for it all, and i'm sure it would sell a¿ lot, and not just as a collectors item like the laserdiscs.

Instead of re-releasing the old VHS-Videos it would be better to release all Morrissey 'promo' Videos together - for the first time - on one DVD.

Stefan K.

"Dark City"

¿ In the meantime, I recommend the Dark City DVD, which was the¿ best film of 1998, and one of the coolest, feature-rich DVDs¿ around.

Ha! Best? It wasn't even very ORIGINAL! It just goes to show that you can steal enough stuff from other films, so that when you throw it all together, people will think it's inventive, like that "Fifth Element" thing. Having said that, I did enjoy "Dark City," but I'd never watch it again, and certainly wouldn't buy it. "Starship Troopers" is much cooler on DVD...

RAMMSTEIN RULES!

Re: "Dark City"

> Ha! Best? It wasn't even very ORIGINAL! It just goes to show¿ that you can steal enough stuff from other films, so that when¿ you throw it all together, people will think it's inventive,

It is an inventive film, IMO, and yes it does bear many influences and even rip-offs from other films. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Dark City is proud enough of the influences that it provides an in depth comparison with the classic film Metropolis among the bonus features on the DVD. And the aspects of characters which seem movie cliches, like Hurt's noir detective, fit the story, as they're people playing roles in an experiment designed by the strangers. The strangers literally cast the city each day much like a filmmaker casts a film. It could just be that you're dismissing what you haven't thought through enough. Which is understandable, as the first viewing of Dark City is primarily spent trying to figure out what the @#!!! is going on.

You seem to think stealing from previous works is bad, but all the great directors do it. Martin Scorsese has said he rips off the French New Wave films - in particular Jules & Jim - in almost every film he makes. As Morrissey says, genius steals. What emerges in Dark City is an inventive, original film which is both great storytelling and a stylistic tour de force. The story also has the guts not to fall into formula the final third as most films of it's sort unfortunately do.¿ like that "Fifth Element" thing.

Fifth Element was fun, but I only thought it was pretty good.¿Having said that, I¿ did enjoy "Dark City," but I'd never watch it again,

Dark City is the sort of film which grows on you more and more each time you see it. You might wanna give it one more look.¿ and certainly wouldn't buy it. "Starship Troopers" is¿ much cooler on DVD...

I rented the Starship Troopers DVD. That movie is fun too, and the DVD transfer was very well done. I think it's a much cooler movie than people give it credit for, and you've gotta love seeing Doogie Howser as a fascist! But it's nowhere near the league of Dark City.

Dark City, Happiness and Babe: Pig in the City are far and away the coolest films of those I saw in 1998. Shakespeare in Love and Life is Beautiful get honorable mentions.

Re: "Dark City"

> Ha! Best? It wasn't even very ORIGINAL! It just goes to show¿ that you can steal enough stuff from other films, so that when¿ you throw it all together, people will think it's inventive,¿ like that "Fifth Element" thing. Having said that, I¿ did enjoy "Dark City," but I'd never watch it again,¿ and certainly wouldn't buy it. "Starship Troopers" is¿ much cooler on DVD...

Back
Top Bottom