Check out this pic of Morrissey! He must be seventeen years old.

I

Ian Edwards

He looks like one of the New York Dolls

Boxers
hair.jpg

> He looks like one of the New York Dolls

He was actually 18 and working in an Inland Revenue office at the time that picture was taken. I've always thought that he was trying to look like Patti Smith, and if you've ever seen the cover of Horses, you'll know what I mean.

Could this have possibly been taken during the era he played with The Cult's Billy Duffy?

Isn't this from Stevie and the Nosebleeds?

> He was actually 18 and working in an Inland Revenue office at¿ the time that picture was taken. I've always thought that he was¿ trying to look like Patti Smith, and if you've ever seen the¿ cover of Horses, you'll know what I mean.

You know, the resemblance to Patti Smith is quite eerie!

Re: Isn't this from Stevie and the Nosebleeds?

> You know, the resemblance to Patti Smith is quite eerie!

Yes that picture is from his Nosebleed days. He was 19 in that picture, as the picture is from 1978.

Poor thing looks like Michael Stipe! I hope he was a better @#!!!!

Tite Street

> Yes that picture is from his Nosebleed days. He was 19 in that¿ picture, as the picture is from 1978.

I was wondering what his persona would be jamming with Billy Duffy. Now the picture matched with the history makes complete sense. I just need to hear the music now. Is it any good, people?

> I was wondering what his persona would be jamming with Billy¿ Duffy. Now the picture matched with the history makes complete¿ sense. I just need to hear the music now. Is it any good,¿ people?

In my opinion the Nosebleeds were really bad!!

> Poor thing looks like Michael Stipe! I hope he was a better¿ @#!!! !

What an awful thing to say! I think Michael Stipe is beautiful.

> What an awful thing to say! I think Michael Stipe is beautiful.

To each his own! Stipey is a nice enough human being, but he has his flaws. If you think that was awful, you should hear some of the stories I could tell!

Tite Street

> In my opinion the Nosebleeds were really bad!!

I never knew they had any actual records released! What do they sound like?

> I never knew they had any actual records released! What do they¿ sound like?

Well when I wrote that post I recalled them sounding like something really bad! I never wanted to hear them again. Then yesterday I dug the tape out to give another listen seeing as I haven't listened to it for a long time. Anyway, it's not that bad!!! HAHA!!! Of course I am a bit of a punk head so...

I actually don't think they had any records released but I slapped Egor upside the head one day and said "Go find me some Nosebleeds-NOW!"

He brought me back a couple songs "I Ain't Bin To No Music School" and "Facist Pigs" It was only later after Egors death that I found out these were recorded without Moz.

Anyway, it's like a cross between punk and rock. Really fast with mumbled vocals. I will sing some for you "I AIN'T BIN TO NO MUSIC SCHOOL" repeat 10 times very loud and fast. Then Facist Pigs goes like this "blah blah blah FACIST PIGS! Blah blah blah FACIST PIGS!" I can almost imagine The Jam having done them. Of course they would have made them brilliant =)

Back
Top Bottom