Pulp - We Love Life

D

david

what do people think of this?
it is my favourite Pulp album (I am a huge Pulp fan), it fits together perfectly as an album, from the theatrics of its opening track,Weeds to the beautiful melancholy of Sunrise,the final track, it manages to retain a relaxed, natural feeling but is never boring. If Pulp split, then this will be the perfect goodbye. Everyone MUST own this record.

> what do people think of this?
> it is my favourite Pulp album (I am a huge Pulp fan), it fits together
> perfectly as an album, from the theatrics of its opening track,Weeds to
> the beautiful melancholy of Sunrise,the final track, it manages to retain
> a relaxed, natural feeling but is never boring. If Pulp split, then this
> will be the perfect goodbye. Everyone MUST own this record.

Sorry Pulp really don't do it for me.

> what do people think of this?
> it is my favourite Pulp album (I am a huge Pulp fan), it fits together
> perfectly as an album, from the theatrics of its opening track,Weeds to
> the beautiful melancholy of Sunrise,the final track, it manages to retain
> a relaxed, natural feeling but is never boring. If Pulp split, then this
> will be the perfect goodbye. Everyone MUST own this record.

Pulp are/were a truly brilliant band.
Sometimes I think jarvis's songwriting skills are a match for morrissey's. Nowadays, if I'm not listening to one of them, I'm listening to the other.
Only very occasionally do I break out and play someone else. Like when I'm bevvied and fancy a wee nostalgic punk session. Or maybe a wee velvet underground session.
But that's about it. I think I'll sell everything else which, when you really think about it, is shite in comparison.
My tuppence worth.
Probably worth thruppence already. Do I hear four?

Great album, but I prefer "This is Hardcore" myself.

Pulp - We Love Life - NOW £3!!! + Relaxed Muscle

Everone CAN own it....well anyone who lives near a 'Fopp Records' who is neither bankrupt or serving 10 years at her majestys pleasure for stewing and chomping on The Queens swans (did you see that story in the papers today?) what a hoot! shame for the swans though, particularly the 'graceful' black swan.

...getting to the point 'We Love Life' is £3 in Fopp just now.

Personally I enjoy Pulp although I would have to say His n Hers is my favourite album. 'This Is Hardcore' has always been criminally underated as well.

I heard a 'Relaxed Muscle' song the other day. Very electronic but unmistakably Jarvis as he mutters the loop "Tell you one thing and I ain't lying, I rule my woman with a rod of Iron'

I like about half of the album. Bob Lind, Bad Cover Version,I love life, Birds in your Garden are all incredible songs. The rest of the album doesn't do as much for me.

This is Hardcore, on the other hand, would easily make a list of my favorite albums ever.

> I like about half of the album. Bob Lind, Bad Cover Version,I love life,
> Birds in your Garden are all incredible songs. The rest of the album
> doesn't do as much for me.

> This is Hardcore, on the other hand, would easily make a list of my
> favorite albums ever.

His'N'Hers is by far the best Pulp album, no contest

Splendid album. But I've not heard anything else by Pulp. Trees is a beautiful song. So is Bob Lind. And Wicker Man.

Different Class is essential. Yes, it's the only Pulp album that approaches the "mainstream," but it's still fantastic.

> Different Class is essential. Yes, it's the only Pulp album that
> approaches the "mainstream," but it's still fantastic.

they're all essential, a brilliant band. Its a pity that Jarvis has gone mad

Back
Top Bottom