New Record Collector - Smiths cover!

C

colin

Doubt if it'll be an interview but new Record Collector has a Smiths cover. The feature will probably be about their rare records I guess? Here's the website link...

http://www.recordcollectormag.com/

and on the 'this issue' page it has this...

THE SMITHS
The songs which made them great
Take away the flamboyant visuals, the exhilarating gigs and arguably the wittiest interviews in the history of British music journalism: the Smiths were ultimately always about just one thing. The records.
Twenty Smiths originals and the records that helped sow the seed of brilliance. Plagiarism? Poppycock! As Oscar Wilde said, talent borrows . . . but only genius steals.

When it is supposed to hit the states??? didnt the record collector do a cover of morrissey one time???? I thought they did about 10 years back????

> When it is supposed to hit the states??? didnt the record collector do a
> cover of morrissey one time???? I thought they did about 10 years back????

I haven't seen one just on Morrissey, but The Smiths have featured in RC a few times. I have the edition listing the top 100 rare Smiths items, dated Nov 1992.

The Dec 2000 edition has a feature on websites dedicated to The Smiths and the Oct 2001 ed has an article on Smiths lost tracks. This mentions them covering songs by Marianne Faithful and aand 'A Fool Such As I' by Elvis.

> When it is supposed to hit the states??? didnt the record collector do a
> cover of morrissey one time???? I thought they did about 10 years back????

Who cares about the States you war mongering muppet.

Wow did you write that one??? no wonder why your career is in the crapper. You're an even shittier writer than a musician. Face the facts anus,Andy sucks,mike sucks,you suck and most of all,you do it with pride.

Back
Top Bottom