Saw Elvez tonight and asked him about Moz...

J

Jason G.

Here in Toronto, Elvez put on a lively show at The Horseshoe. I knew a bit about him beforehand and was quite impressed with the gig. While he does cover Elvis songs, he adapts them to his own lyrics about Aztec Gods and Kings, immigration, the power of Latinas, and life in the barrio. He's accompanied by two "Elvettes" (who do several costume changes, as does he) and a very tight backing band. The encore was Elvez doing Iggy Pop doing "(Marie's the Name of) His Latest Flame", with a risky bit of monkey play on the overhead water pipe.

After the show, I went up to Elvez (who's quite...erm, short) and asked about Moz. He said Morrissey wanted him for more dates but it couldn't be worked out, and he mentioned dealing with Alain Whyte (which was reported here before). I said "Tell me something about Morrissey" and he said "He's ridiculously shy!" (which he repeated a few times). He also said "Morrissey wore an Elvez t-shirt on Saturday Night Live, which was really nice" and that "he's filled out a bit lately. He's not the skinny old Morrissey anymore, but it's not fat. I gave him a hug and he's pretty solid. He's been out in the sun too."

Anyway, for those of you going to the shows in Tempe and/or Santa Barbara, you'll definitely have a good time with Elvez and Moz together.

jason
xoxoxo

Home of Elvez
evbrn.jpg

Re: What T-shirt?

It would be cool if morrissey did come back for another SNL appearance. It be very very cool if he sang billy budd and a new tune

Back
Top Bottom