I wonder if certain people here are going to apologize to Colin Powell???

L

LoafingOaf

Well, I guess it hasn't been confirmed. But this mobile WMD lab is sure looking like the real deal to me.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If it checks out, there's yet one more instance where certain people will owe those who led Operation Iraqi Freedom an apology.

A "liar" they called Powell, when he presented the information he had acquired from a defector that this sort of illegal "smoking gun" mobile WMD lab (designed to keep WMD programs from being discovered by UN inspectors) existed.

1) nothing's been proven. (i looked up an article on it myself and it provided few facts -- maybe because there are none right now. very unconvincing overall.)

2) nobody has given me an apology for the stuff we know for a fact were lies, so if this turns out to be true, i won't apologize and then we'll be even. well actually, that will mean i'd have been wrong about one lie and right about several others, so actually, they'll still owe me a few apologies.

> 1) nothing's been proven. (i looked up an article on it myself and it
> provided few facts -- maybe because there are none right now. very
> unconvincing overall.)

Oh, unconvincing? Well, I saw a former UN weapons inspector on TV today who said he couldn't think of a single other plausible use for that mobile lab.

Since when do you trust UN weapons inspectors?

Heehee - Get this - Oaf IS WRONG!!!!

> Well, I guess it hasn't been confirmed. But this mobile WMD lab is sure
> looking like the real deal to me.

> I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1. Yes, you will

> If it checks out, there's yet one more instance where certain people will
> owe those who led Operation Iraqi Freedom an apology.

2. Only those who sair Iraq has no WMDs will.

> A "liar" they called Powell, when he presented the information
> he had acquired from a defector that this sort of illegal "smoking
> gun" mobile WMD lab (designed to keep WMD programs from being
> discovered by UN inspectors) existed.

3. Powell presented a whole bunch of evidence to the security Council which never checked out. We were told prior to the war that the US had firm evidence. It seems now, they were operating on educated guesswork, which doesn't mean they were wrong, but extremely economical with the truth. As I've said a million times, if you want my support in something - tell me the full truth!

Hey - it could have been a kombi van that once belonged to some Arab hippies. One day they cooked up some acid in the back, freaked out in the desert, thought they were both Saul and proceeded on a trip to Damascus, never to return.

Ya gotta admit - it IS possible....

Oaf, you don't believe your own bullshit do you?

Powell owes the UN an apology.

He presented false evidence. He lied to the UN. Bush lied to the people of the United Steates of America in his State of the Union Address. -*Both are well documented.*- To deny Bush lied and Powell lied is to deny reality. You trying to raise this as an issue to stand on is as pathetic as Bush taking a jet out to the aircraft carrier and them trying to portray him as a warrior.

> 1) nothing's been proven. (i looked up an article on it myself and it
> provided few facts -- maybe because there are none right now. very
> unconvincing overall.)

> 2) nobody has given me an apology for the stuff we know for a fact were
> lies, so if this turns out to be true, i won't apologize and then we'll be
> even. well actually, that will mean i'd have been wrong about one lie and
> right about several others, so actually, they'll still owe me a few
> apologies.

Every few days they come out with a story like this. Aluminum rods, insecticides, top scientists, mysterious cannisters, abandoned facilities, 15 year old empty warheads, etc. You would think these oppressed people would be happy to show us where all the weapons are. You would also think they would be happy to explain why they were never used during the US war.

I personally think, that if they had any brains at all, they would be building a huge storage facility and they should fill it with nerve gas containers and a few bio weapons. They will have to bury it deep to explain why they didn't use them during the war. They would need a large amount, because Iraq has been making chem weapons for decades. It would be the only way to save face.

My final comment is don't let Oaf switch the debate on you. While implying the war was about liberating the oppressed people of Iraq he recommends apologies for people who claim they did not have a weapons program.

1) This argument is not about: should the Iraqi people be saved. It is not about supporting your troops. It is not about Saddam being an evil man. It is not about whether they have a WMD program. It was about whether the US could run roughshod over international law and pre-emptively attack and destroy a foreign government.

2) There main reason was the safety of the US and there main argument was the "known" existence of WMD's. They still have no concrete evidence of any WMDs. A vast majority of the evidence they have provided murky at best and outright lies at worst. Everything from a nobody low level scientist confirming through marine liasons that everything the US has said is true, to them producing forged documents about an Iraqi nuclear program.

Back
Top Bottom