I hate myself and I want to die

• Thread starter i hate myself and i want to die
  • Start date
Oh, dear!

Now that's not at all good! Why would you want to exit this rotting cesspool? Just think of the people who could use you, the opportunites you could miss for missing out on opportunities, and, please, oh God, let's not leave out the gossip... This world is too good to leave, that's why I plan to live forever...

But seriously, please take another couple looks at yourself and your situation. If the Moz can overcome severe depression, so can you!

Take care of your fragile little being,

Mozluvr

you would like to believe that, would you?
the fact is you want people to tell you things deep inside you know are true; how hopeful should the situation be, how you should be optimistic relying on your attributes..concluding that you have nothing to hate yourself for. wanting to die should in no rational case be related to hating one`s self. what could be gained from dying. you know that to and therefore will not die. as you can guess i have worked this out against myself as well.
i`ll be looking forward to your next post to see that i was right.
please dont prove me wrong.

Well I would at least postpone any self reviews until Morrissey has finished his tour.
I am sure everyone will feel a massive lust for life after seeing him live!
lisa g.
ps Remember to avoid The Manic Street Preachers!

> ps Remember to avoid The Manic Street Preachers!

Is that because their more depressed than our dear Moz or because they are terrible? If it's the first, then I'd say you would be okay as long as you don't listen to the Holy Bible...

In any event, please don't act like Richey.

The pain might be real, but it can be overcome.

"Angel, don't take your life."
Dear person,

I've been depressed since the day I was born but when I get to the point where I want to die I watch the Jerry Springer show cuz no matter how bad my life sucks it's nowhere as awful as the people on that show. Try it, I swear it works.

Love,

Girl Racer.

> Just thought I'd let you know.

If you really want to die, I say go ahead and commit suicide. Believe me, if anyone cares they'll eventually get over it. If you believe anyone on this messageboard genuinely cares, then you're more desperate than I thought.

If you can't find it within yourself to live happily, let yourself go. Just don't make a mess.

Personally I preferred the eventual title "In Utero" (No Message)

:)

ME TOO!!!!

Me too ya know. Everyone always thinks, "oh, da little Roberta tha psycho is sooo content just being a psycho and all that stuff she does", but ya know it ain't da way it is. When da evening comes and my duties are done and I rest my head on me pillow, I cry. Dats right, I cry. There's a hole in me soul.

Change your environment I did, it worked. I moved thousands of miles away. Look at your life from a distance, you might see something you missed. Love Leroy.....

"So, save your life
Because you've only got one."

Dear friend, I have been through this twice in the past 2 years. Two attempts, two failures (thankfully!), two stays in a psychiatric hospital, and much therapy and medication. Things are finally looking up for me, and I never believed that I would be better again. When I was at my lowest, I did not tell anyone my plans, because I did not want to be talked out of it. Since you have told us, even though you are telling strangers in an anonymous way, you probably have some doubts in your mind. There is nothing that anyone can say to make you feel better, but though it may seem like the only and best option, suicide is never the way to solve your problems. Whenever I used to get really down, I would first consider what impact your decision will have on your family and friends. If that does not dissuade you, then consider what might happen to you once you are gone. Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? There is no telling what the next world is like. "There is another world, There is a better world, Well there must be." (not neccessarily). You should seek the help of a professional. Good luck, and use the music of Moz to remind you how beautiful and wonderful life can be.

> If you really want to die, I say go ahead and commit suicide.
> Believe me, if anyone cares they'll eventually get over it. If
> you believe anyone on this messageboard genuinely cares, then
> you're more desperate than I thought.

> If you can't find it within yourself to live happily, let
> yourself go. Just don't make a mess.

Geez well you're just a sweetie now aren't you? If you can't grasp the concept that Morrissey fans are drawn to his music due to its depressing and self-loathing demeanor, which many of his fans see in themselves, then what the hell are you doing on this board? It must be nice to go through life problem-free, as you apparently have, to make such a callous statement.

P.S. Unlike you, there are people who empathize with others in times of hardship. Unlike you, apparently.
I care, so he/she must not be all that desperate then, now are they?

My, we got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, didn't we?

> Geez well you're just a sweetie now aren't you? If you can't
> grasp the concept that Morrissey fans are drawn to his music due
> to its depressing and self-loathing demeanor, which many of his
> fans see in themselves, then what the hell are you doing on this
> board? It must be nice to go through life problem-free, as you
> apparently have, to make such a callous statement.

> P.S. Unlike you, there are people who empathize with others in
> times of hardship. Unlike you, apparently.
> I care, so he/she must not be all that desperate then, now are
> they?

My thoughts exactly Spinster. Cili's post made me sick. It's nice to know there are kind and compassionate people, such as you, on this board.

Re: I hate myself and I want to die - This is shocking Cili

And you called Girl About Town a harridan? What a laugh.

> My thoughts exactly Spinster. Cili's post made me sick. It's
> nice to know there are kind and compassionate people, such as
> you, on this board.

Well, SOMEone's trying very hard... You'd better wipe your nose Frank.

There was a time when I was very depressed and if I hadn't been saved (in the physical sense, not the religious one), I'd be dead right now. I don't regret what I attempted to do but neither do I feel that life is rewarding in itself enough for a suicidal person to live on. You do what you do, love who you love, and hopefully you're satisfied enough to continue going on, moving forward. You find your reasons to live and if they aren't good enough, I say end it. What real difference does it make with over 6 billion people on this planet? You may decide to stay for the sake of those that care for you (if you've got any), but once they're gone, you're on your own.

People like to believe that life is something that is very beautiful and wonderful and if there's ever an unfortunate soul that does not see this, he or she is instantly in a state of impairment - just a good push away from enlightenment. Life is what you make of it. If you feel that it is wonderful, happy, and fulfilling, then it is. If you feel that it is horrid, then it is. Life doesn't have any intrinsic value and as soon as people realize that, they may develop more initiative to make changes within or outside of themselves. Just to sit there and type out that you hate yourself and want to die is pointless. If you want attention I suppose it's fine but if you're looking for a solution it's worthless. I mean, the replies are predictable and some are corny (under the circumstances) - a couple of song quotes, some advice to listen to the beautiful music of the Smiths or Morrissey, imploring to see the beauty of life... These responses would have equally as much meaning if it were spat out of a computer. And a computer could've done it.

I believe in helping those that wish to be helped. Some people desperately want to survive and want the aid and support of others. I would go to great lengths to lend a helping hand to those people. I have the means, so I share. The person in question (who may very well be smiling at the number of responses incited) obviously is unhappy and may or may not want help. I gave words in response to the latter choice. If he or she does want help, I suggest he or she seek it out somewhere else other than on a Morrissey messageboard. How in the world can you take someone seriously in here?

If you're unhappy and you want to die, I don't think it's the worst idea to conclude your life with an act of self-euthanasia. There are a lot of people on this planet and it's rather silly to feel that any one individual has any contribution to make that couldn't be made by another person. And if somehow we're losing something beautiful and significant with the death of a person, I think we'll manage to gather ourselves and move on. If some can't, then some can't.

Why do I come in here? Because I love to read about suicide, Warren, Jesus, agnosticism, and Johnny Marr. Oh, and sometimes I look for information pertaining to Steven's career. I also quite enjoy Consumer Monkey's (perhaps not King George III's) posts.

Re: This may be shocking Francis

> And you called Girl About Town a harridan? What a laugh.

Yes, although i'm not laughing about it. I don't like asking this because it always sounds so pretentious, but, do you know what a harridan is? I may very well be one (it takes one to know one) but not from that message in question.

I only know what it means so well because my beau called me one and I had to look it up to be sure of what it meant. He was severely spanked that night.

Of course now he won't stop calling me that in hopes of more punishment.

Re: This may be shocking Francis

> Yes, although i'm not laughing about it. I don't like asking
> this because it always sounds so pretentious, but, do you know
> what a harridan is?

Yeah, of course I know.

> I only know what it means so well because my beau called me one
> and I had to look it up to be sure of what it meant. He was
> severely spanked that night.

Well, if your beau called you one - well...

> Well, SOMEone's trying very hard... You'd better wipe your nose
> Frank.

No response to Spinster I see, just to me. Hmmm...

First off, I didn't ask why you come here. I also didn't ask for a biography of your life either but I guess my post really frazzled you.

Lastly, I'm sorry you went through rough times Cili, but I'm even sorrier that it hasn't made you a more compassionate person.

> There was a time when I was very depressed and if I hadn't been
> saved (in the physical sense, not the religious one), I'd be
> dead right now. I don't regret what I attempted to do but
> neither do I feel that life is rewarding in itself enough for a
> suicidal person to live on. You do what you do, love who you
> love, and hopefully you're satisfied enough to continue going
> on, moving forward. You find your reasons to live and if they
> aren't good enough, I say end it. What real difference does it
> make with over 6 billion people on this planet? You may decide
> to stay for the sake of those that care for you (if you've got
> any), but once they're gone, you're on your own.

> People like to believe that life is something that is very
> beautiful and wonderful and if there's ever an unfortunate soul
> that does not see this, he or she is instantly in a state of
> impairment - just a good push away from enlightenment. Life is
> what you make of it. If you feel that it is wonderful, happy,
> and fulfilling, then it is. If you feel that it is horrid, then
> it is. Life doesn't have any intrinsic value and as soon as
> people realize that, they may develop more initiative to make
> changes within or outside of themselves. Just to sit there and
> type out that you hate yourself and want to die is pointless. If
> you want attention I suppose it's fine but if you're looking for
> a solution it's worthless. I mean, the replies are predictable
> and some are corny (under the circumstances) - a couple of song
> quotes, some advice to listen to the beautiful music of the
> Smiths or Morrissey, imploring to see the beauty of life...
> These responses would have equally as much meaning if it were
> spat out of a computer. And a computer could've done it.

> I believe in helping those that wish to be helped. Some people
> desperately want to survive and want the aid and support of
> others. I would go to great lengths to lend a helping hand to
> those people. I have the means, so I share. The person in
> question (who may very well be smiling at the number of
> responses incited) obviously is unhappy and may or may not want
> help. I gave words in response to the latter choice. If he or
> she does want help, I suggest he or she seek it out somewhere
> else other than on a Morrissey messageboard. How in the world
> can you take someone seriously in here?

> If you're unhappy and you want to die, I don't think it's the
> worst idea to conclude your life with an act of self-euthanasia.
> There are a lot of people on this planet and it's rather silly
> to feel that any one individual has any contribution to make
> that couldn't be made by another person. And if somehow we're
> losing something beautiful and significant with the death of a
> person, I think we'll manage to gather ourselves and move on. If
> some can't, then some can't.

> Why do I come in here? Because I love to read about suicide,
> Warren, Jesus, agnosticism, and Johnny Marr. Oh, and sometimes I
> look for information pertaining to Steven's career. I also quite
> enjoy Consumer Monkey's (perhaps not King George III's) posts.

Back
Top Bottom