'STOP ME IF YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE'

B

Bluenose

I've got it on now. What an top song!! I think it's soooooooo under-rated. Fancy not releasing it as a single cos some rambo-obsessive went mad with a gun!!!

How times have changed. It's compulsory for many artits to actually own guns now...

right on, bluenose. that's one of my favorite songs ever. it saddens me to think that morrissey gave in to pressure and did the politically correct thing. it also saddens me that every single time i request this song on the radio, they play "girlfriend in a coma" instead. (i swear to god, radio stations must just have copies of three smiths songs: that one, HSIN, and TIALTNGO.)

> right on, bluenose. that's one of my favorite songs ever. it saddens me to
> think that morrissey gave in to pressure and did the politically correct
> thing. it also saddens me that every single time i request this song on
> the radio, they play "girlfriend in a coma" instead. (i swear to
> god, radio stations must just have copies of three smiths songs: that one,
> HSIN, and TIALTNGO.)

Don't forget 'This Charming Man'. It's the same with clubs. You only tend to hear TCM or 'Bigmouth'. There's a club in Birmingham called Snobs that once played 'Vicar In A Tutu', but other than that...

I think it was more Rough Trade, that decided on not releasing 'Stop Me..', really. It wouldn't have got the airplay, which would have made it a flop as a single, so I suppose for the sake of shifting units, they opted for an alternative. It's funny though cos the video they shot going around Salford has 2 sopundtracks. One where they play 'I Stared Something..' and the other with 'Stop Me...'

Ive heard "ask" "hand in glove" and even" suedehead" a few times on local radio.Shame they dont play more of the man. You'd think hell,he has what??? 7-8 albums out??? Im sure they ccan find something from these to play right????

Certain DJs play the Smiths over here. No one seems to play his solo stuff, though.

> Ive heard "ask" "hand in glove" and even"
> suedehead" a few times on local radio.Shame they dont play more of
> the man. You'd think hell,he has what??? 7-8 albums out??? Im sure they
> ccan find something from these to play right????

> Certain DJs play the Smiths over here. No one seems to play his solo
> stuff, though.

Mark and Lard on radio 1 in the afternoons use any excuse to play Smiths songs.

> I've got it on now. What an top song!! I think it's soooooooo under-rated.
> Fancy not releasing it as a single cos some rambo-obsessive went mad with
> a gun!!!

It's not under-rated.. my immediate Smiths fraternity always have this on their 'Songs to learn and sing' list.. and played to each other in their bedroroms at 3 am in the morning.. that and late night maudlin street.. It's these special corners of the world of Smiths that make the cult so special.

Back
Top Bottom