george bush jr is scum, and he is going to be your next president

P

Paul

Re: MORRISSEY FOR PRESIDENT!

> Wouldn't that be fun? Love n peace would radiate from the White¿ House.

The Moz would definitely get my vote.

wake up, america! the president is not a nonentity

earth to colin, come in, colin? the boy scouts thing is only one issue (and granted, you may be right on that one).

but do you also agree that gays & lesbians shouldn't adopt children, colin? legislation proposed in bush's texas would also have REMOVED adopted & foster children from homes with gay & lesbian parents or OTHER family members (which could include siblings or anyone else in the household).

and as for marriage, if it is viewed as a SECULAR institution, there is no reason same sex couples should not be afforded the same rights as heterosexual couples. if you view it as a RELIGIOUS institution, then i point out our Constitutional separation of church & state, making it no business of our government to force a particular system of "morality" upon the people.

when he is our president, he will not be a nonentity, as you put it. he will be in a position to influence the lives of people he has no respect for...

it is up to people who truly support equality and personal freedom to stop him and his narrow-minded agenda.¿ ------------¿ "Love they neighbor" doesn't mean "accept what¿ thy neighbor does."¿ Bush is actually right here - it's crazy to demand that private¿ organizations accept anyone. It's their organization. The Boy¿ Scouts have a right to exclude gays, just like ACT UP! has the¿ right to exclude homophobes.¿ George Jr. is pretty much a non-entity.

Re: wake up, america! the president is not a nonentity

I have to say, that I don't agree that the Boy Scouts should be able to prevent gay men from working with them. What they are saying is that gay men represent a threat to boys; ie they are implying that gay men are quivalent to paedophiles. If this is not what they are saying, then what is their justification, other than basic predudice? By the same logic, heterosexual men shouldn't be allowed to have contact with girls. Is the Boy Scout movement in the US supported by public funds in the US? Are US companies allowed to avoid employing people on the basis of age, gender, race or sexuality? If so, then US ideas of freedom are obviously facile and untrue.¿ earth to colin, come in, colin? the boy scouts thing is only one¿ issue (and granted, you may be right on that one).¿ but do you also agree that gays & lesbians shouldn't adopt¿ children, colin? legislation proposed in bush's texas would also¿ have REMOVED adopted & foster children from homes with gay¿ & lesbian parents or OTHER family members (which could¿ include siblings or anyone else in the household).¿ and as for marriage, if it is viewed as a SECULAR institution,¿ there is no reason same sex couples should not be afforded the¿ same rights as heterosexual couples. if you view it as a¿ RELIGIOUS institution, then i point out our Constitutional¿ separation of church & state, making it no business of our¿ government to force a particular system of "morality"¿ upon the people.¿ when he is our president, he will not be a nonentity, as you put¿ it. he will be in a position to influence the lives of people he¿ has no respect for...¿ it is up to people who truly support equality and personal¿ freedom to stop him and his narrow-minded agenda.

gf4.jpg

The Right Wing/Bryan Adams Connection

Hello again. Sorry to go off on a tangent, but have you noticed how right winged groups tend to use slogans or the name of their groups with the titles of Bryan Adams songs? Several years ago, former KKK member David Duke, who was running for Louisiana governor at the time, used the song "Everything I Do..I Do It For You" in commercials for his political campaign. Mr. Adams found out about this, and told him to stop using his song for his campaign slogan. Thankfully, he wasn't elected, although i believe he still holds a political office of some sort.
I wonder if he knows about this "Straight From the Heart" dealie? He should tell that group to stop using his song title. Poor guy, always having his songs being used in the cause for right-wing hate groups against his will.

Bill Bradley states in an upcoming interview with the Advocate that he would push to expand the 1964 Civil Rights Act to protect homosexuals. He also states that "We ought to get to a time when gays can serve openly in the military."

Even though this contradicts his stance on same sex marriages, which he still opposes, it's lightyears ahead of George W and it's to the left of the sinking ship that is the Gore candidacy.

Also, that other hatemonger, Pat Buchanan, is considering running with the Reform Party, which could only be good news for those left-thinking individuals amongst us.¿ Bush clarifies antigay stands¿ Questioned by the antigay newsletter “Straight From the Heart,”¿ Texas governor George W.¿ Bush said Tuesday that he opposes gay marriages and that a court¿ erred in striking a ban on¿ gays in the Boy Scouts. Publishers of the newsletter said Bush’s¿ comments are “a good¿ start” but said they have more questions about his position on¿ gay rights. Bill Horn, a leading¿ antigay activist and publisher of the newsletter, has questioned¿ presidential candidates about¿ their views on gay issues. Pushed to clarify his positions,¿ Bush’s campaign staff sent Horn a¿ brief statement Tuesday. “Governor Bush believes marriage is¿ between a man and a woman¿ and therefore does not believe in gay marriages,” the statement¿ said. He also opposes¿ adoption by gay couples because “he believes children ought to¿ be adopted in families with a¿ man and woman who are married.” Bush told the newsletter he¿ believes the New Jersey¿ supreme court “was wrong” when it struck down the Boy Scouts’¿ ban on gays in the¿ organization. “He believes the Boy Scouts is a private¿ organization and they should be able¿ to set their own standards,” Bush’s statement said. Horn said he¿ would press Bush to offer¿ views on “the gay agenda in public education” and on¿ domestic-partner laws allowing¿ benefits for partners in a gay relationship. “My recommendation¿ to him would be to provide¿ those specific questions to us and we will provide answers to¿ him,” said Bush spokesman¿ Eric Woolson.

Re: wake up, america! the president is not a nonentity

Your reply tells me that you think I'm stupid but your assumptions make you the stupid one dear.

My point was that people who have never lived in America seem to enjoy going into long rants about what is wrong with this country.

I wrote that post based on a few things. For example, I noticed that for every knock you gave America you gave Britain a plus.(such as- If that ever happened in Britain those people would be condemned -of course implying that Britain is a much more decent and respectable country)

Which of course was pointless for you to even mention unless you are trying to be competitive about it. Which again is the only reason you would have made that point. So that's what i was calling you on.

So you're not just commenting on bigotry you are doing a "2 points for the UK. 0 points for the USA"¿ Interesting that you should focus on my last comment, which¿ really only askes a question - the actual issue obviously¿ doesn't bother you in the slightest.

Assumption number 1 - Wrong.¿I'm not going to avoid commenting on it just because your best pals >with G.Bush junior.

Assumption number 2 - Wrong again.

FYI I'm a democrat. I wouldn't vote for Bush Jr. unless I had a gun to my head. I can't stand the man and I find his political ideas narrowminded and offensive.

Bush clarifies antigay stands

Questioned by the antigay newsletter “Straight From the Heart,” Texas governor George W.

Bush said Tuesday that he opposes gay marriages and that a court erred in striking a ban on

gays in the Boy Scouts. Publishers of the newsletter said Bush’s comments are “a good

start” but said they have more questions about his position on gay rights. Bill Horn, a leading

antigay activist and publisher of the newsletter, has questioned presidential candidates about

their views on gay issues. Pushed to clarify his positions, Bush’s campaign staff sent Horn a

brief statement Tuesday. “Governor Bush believes marriage is between a man and a woman

and therefore does not believe in gay marriages,” the statement said. He also opposes

adoption by gay couples because “he believes children ought to be adopted in families with a

man and woman who are married.” Bush told the newsletter he believes the New Jersey

supreme court “was wrong” when it struck down the Boy Scouts’ ban on gays in the

organization. “He believes the Boy Scouts is a private organization and they should be able

to set their own standards,” Bush’s statement said. Horn said he would press Bush to offer

views on “the gay agenda in public education” and on domestic-partner laws allowing

benefits for partners in a gay relationship. “My recommendation to him would be to provide

those specific questions to us and we will provide answers to him,” said Bush spokesman

Eric Woolson.

I read that same exact article in this morning's newspaper. That sucks. Although i am a heterosexual female, i feel that the governor's stance on gays opens up more opportunities for gays to be persecuted against. It is nothing more than the "they're not like us, so it's okay to make life hell for them" mentality.
It amazes me how one of the main philosphies of the Christian religion is to love one another, yet i see very few of these so-called followers of Christ doing so.
Pity, i was just beginning to like Bush.

Big pile of leaves

> Bush clarifies antigay stands

Another Bush in the White House is a big pile of leaves too much!

MORRISSEY FOR PRESIDENT!

Wouldn't that be fun? Love n peace would radiate from the White House.

> It amazes me how one of the main philosphies of the Christian¿ religion is to love one another, yet i see very few of these¿ so-called followers of Christ doing so.
------------
"Love they neighbor" doesn't mean "accept what thy neighbor does."

Bush is actually right here - it's crazy to demand that private organizations accept anyone. It's their organization. The Boy Scouts have a right to exclude gays, just like ACT UP! has the right to exclude homophobes.

George Jr. is pretty much a non-entity.

Such attitudes are comletely unacceptable, and basically fascistic - they attempt to exlude people not because thay cant do a job, or are not qualified, but because thay happen to choose a different lifestyle. It an offence to nature, and an extremely undignified, and uncivilized way of thinking. If a politician in Britain were to suggest such ideas, his political career would be over, and he would be thought of as an extremist.¿ ------------¿ "Love they neighbor" doesn't mean "accept what¿ thy neighbor does."¿ Bush is actually right here - it's crazy to demand that private¿ organizations accept anyone. It's their organization. The Boy¿ Scouts have a right to exclude gays, just like ACT UP! has the¿ right to exclude homophobes.¿ George Jr. is pretty much a non-entity.

dennisandgnasherondark.gif

> Such attitudes are comletely unacceptable, and basically¿ fascistic - they attempt to exlude people not because thay cant¿ do a job, or are not qualified, but because thay happen to¿ choose a different lifestyle. It an offence to nature, and an¿ extremely undignified, and uncivilized way of thinking. If a¿ politician in Britain were to suggest such ideas, his political¿ career would be over, and he would be thought of as an¿ extremist.

I'm an American and I completely agree with you. It's absolutely disgusting and I can't believe that some Americans who post here find that acceptable. George Bush Jr. is a pig.

About time you came up with an intelligent post.¿ Bush clarifies antigay stands¿ Questioned by the antigay newsletter “Straight From the Heart,”¿ Texas governor George W.¿ Bush said Tuesday that he opposes gay marriages and that a court¿ erred in striking a ban on¿ gays in the Boy Scouts. Publishers of the newsletter said Bush’s¿ comments are “a good¿ start” but said they have more questions about his position on¿ gay rights. Bill Horn, a leading¿ antigay activist and publisher of the newsletter, has questioned¿ presidential candidates about¿ their views on gay issues. Pushed to clarify his positions,¿ Bush’s campaign staff sent Horn a¿ brief statement Tuesday. “Governor Bush believes marriage is¿ between a man and a woman¿ and therefore does not believe in gay marriages,” the statement¿ said. He also opposes¿ adoption by gay couples because “he believes children ought to¿ be adopted in families with a¿ man and woman who are married.” Bush told the newsletter he¿ believes the New Jersey¿ supreme court “was wrong” when it struck down the Boy Scouts’¿ ban on gays in the¿ organization. “He believes the Boy Scouts is a private¿ organization and they should be able¿ to set their own standards,” Bush’s statement said. Horn said he¿ would press Bush to offer¿ views on “the gay agenda in public education” and on¿ domestic-partner laws allowing¿ benefits for partners in a gay relationship. “My recommendation¿ to him would be to provide¿ those specific questions to us and we will provide answers to¿ him,” said Bush spokesman¿ Eric Woolson.

> Such attitudes are comletely unacceptable, and basically¿ fascistic - they attempt to exlude people not because thay cant¿ do a job, or are not qualified, but because thay happen to¿ choose a different lifestyle.
-----------------
But again, it's a private organization. If the organization is homophobic, that's their right. They can hold any belief they want. If we're dealing with the right to join any organization one wishes, then the right would have to extend both ways. Otherwise, it's a mere priviledge. So if gay groups have the right to march in the St. Patrick's Day parade, then homophobes have the right to march in a gay pride parade, or black people have the right to join the Klan. These "rights" just don't apply to private organizations.

there is no choice

i agree with your first statements, of course. george bush is of the fascist variety...

but i don't agree that it would be unacceptable in england...there are many people in your political system who would be in agreement with mr bush. don't be naive, because it's dangerous to be naive about such important issues.

and one last thing, which is really just a matter or semantics...but it is not a choice of lifestyle. there is not a choice involved in being homosexual. republicans here rarely use the word "orientation," because they prefer words like "choice" and "preference," so they can more easily judge those they hate...

republicans do not believe in freedom

a point agreed upon, but as i wrote above, bush's agenda has to do with much more than this...bush opposes the equality and dignity of homosexuals. he doesn't want them to be adoptive parents, or foster parents...he doesn't want their unions recognized legally. this is based upon his narrow standards of christian morality, which he has no right to impose on the whole of society.

mr bush, and the majority of his republican party, so not truly believe in justice, freedom or equality. they only want freedom for christians and other conservatives...at the expense of those who do not subscribe to their views.¿ -----------------¿ But again, it's a private organization. If the organization is¿ homophobic, that's their right. They can hold any belief they¿ want. If we're dealing with the right to join any organization¿ one wishes, then the right would have to extend both ways.¿ Otherwise, it's a mere priviledge. So if gay groups have the¿ right to march in the St. Patrick's Day parade, then homophobes¿ have the right to march in a gay pride parade, or black people¿ have the right to join the Klan. These "rights" just¿ don't apply to private organizations.

the pot calling the kettle black

and thanks so much for YOUR insightful contribution to the discussion, paul.¿ About time you came up with an intelligent post.

Re: there is no choice

I'm not denying that people in Britain aren't capable of such thinking, and I'm certain such people exist in ploitics - but such people are no longer capable of serious political careers - mainy because they are so thourouly laughrd at. To give you some idea of the political climate in England, the person tipped to be the next leader of the Conservative Party ( equivalent to the Republicans ), a man called Michael Portillo, has just revealed that he had several homsexual relationships while at University. The general reaction to this was "so what?". A recent headline in a British newspaper said in relation to this that "Britons would vote for a gay Prime Minister". Several top politicans in the UK, in very high positions, have already "come out". Homophobia is considered to be old fashioned, and basically 'uncool', so politicians avoid it like the plague. In fact it gives politicians a certain credability if they are gay ( even on the right!)¿ i agree with your first statements, of course. george bush is of¿ the fascist variety...¿ but i don't agree that it would be unacceptable in¿ england...there are many people in your political system who¿ would be in agreement with mr bush. don't be naive, because it's¿ dangerous to be naive about such important issues.¿ and one last thing, which is really just a matter or¿ semantics...but it is not a choice of lifestyle. there is not a¿ choice involved in being homosexual. republicans here rarely use¿ the word "orientation," because they prefer words like¿ "choice" and "preference," so they can more¿ easily judge those they hate...

dennisandgnasherondark.gif

A little too hot under the pot....

> and thanks so much for YOUR insightful contribution to the¿ discussion, paul.

Just finally agreeing with something you said since you pretty much said everything I believe in about homophobic Republicans. Not everybody here is a flaming Einstein like you are which you'll agree to because you're a great person. So, why bother getting into "YOUR" insightful thoughts? Wow, and you didn't even make any posts about Morrissey being a flaming queen?! Keep up the good work and have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom