L.P. or not Album? nowt new it's a lang' thang!

T

The Tufty club

Ok, my merry people of internet world... & todays lesson is English.
Yes English, so is Mr S.P.Morrissey (formally of Manchester, England) an American now?
Ofcourse, he chooses (eh?) is address to be(wilderment) Los(t) Angeles (gawd knows why?)...
That's why here I pale, whilst he can swelter (dost he wear it well? factor 28?)...
Be(lying) it as it is, my original point English... so if you have bothered to stay this far here goes...
in England we put butterflies & stamps in albums (well not usually together as well as other things too). So if Morrissey says 'here's my new album' is it a collection of... well you decide... but is he English now?

Eh?

Sorry, couldn't read your post. Do I need some special decoder to read it ( PGP? ). If so please provide me with the URL so that I can download and translate it.¿ Ok, my merry people of internet world... & todays lesson is¿ English.¿ Yes English, so is Mr S.P.Morrissey (formally of Manchester,¿ England) an American now?¿ Ofcourse, he chooses (eh?) is address to be(wilderment) Los(t)¿ Angeles (gawd knows why?)...¿ That's why here I pale, whilst he can swelter (dost he wear it¿ well? factor 28?)...¿ Be(lying) it as it is, my original point English... so if you¿ have bothered to stay this far here goes...¿ in England we put butterflies & stamps in albums (well not¿ usually together as well as other things too). So if Morrissey¿ says 'here's my new album' is it a collection of... well you¿ decide... but is he English now?

b&w-sharron.jpg

Hunny, are you saying that the English don't use the word 'album' to describe a collection of recorded songs? I believe I have heard many English persons use this word in just this sense. Furthermore, non-English folk such as Americans have been known to use the term 'L.P.' Stop being such a linguistic chauvinist and open your mind. Personally, I call records 'records', even when they are on CD.

And Morrissey is allowed to like the United States. It's not a crime, you know. There's no accounting for taste and all that. He is a glamorous man and he needs glamorous surroundings to be happy.

You are SO avant-garde. Do you think the world is ready for this?¿ Ok, my merry people of internet world... & todays lesson is¿ English.¿ Yes English, so is Mr S.P.Morrissey (formally of Manchester,¿ England) an American now?¿ Ofcourse, he chooses (eh?) is address to be(wilderment) Los(t)¿ Angeles (gawd knows why?)...¿ That's why here I pale, whilst he can swelter (dost he wear it¿ well? factor 28?)...¿ Be(lying) it as it is, my original point English... so if you¿ have bothered to stay this far here goes...¿ in England we put butterflies & stamps in albums (well not¿ usually together as well as other things too). So if Morrissey¿ says 'here's my new album' is it a collection of... well you¿ decide... but is he English now?

I believe that since Morrissey can't speak French, he could not exile himself to Paris unlike his life long favorite Oscar Wilde.

> I believe that since Morrissey can't speak French, he could not¿ exile himself to Paris unlike his life long favorite Oscar¿ Wilde.

Morrissey doesn't speak any useful languages besides English. He is so stupid. Though the rich and glamorous in can get along just fine anywhere in the world, no matter how stupid they may be. Did you know that *Madonna* speaks no fewer than FOUR languages??? it's true.

> I believe that since Morrissey can't speak French, he could not¿ exile himself to Paris unlike his life long favorite Oscar¿ Wilde.

It was either Los Angeles or Bermuda, and we know how he feels about Bermuda.

Willful Obscurity should be punished by caning. (NO CONTENT)

> Ok, my merry people of internet world... & todays lesson is¿ English.¿ Yes English, so is Mr S.P.Morrissey (formally of Manchester,¿ England) an American now?¿ Ofcourse, he chooses (eh?) is address to be(wilderment) Los(t)¿ Angeles (gawd knows why?)...¿ That's why here I pale, whilst he can swelter (dost he wear it¿ well? factor 28?)...¿ Be(lying) it as it is, my original point English... so if you¿ have bothered to stay this far here goes...¿ in England we put butterflies & stamps in albums (well not¿ usually together as well as other things too). So if Morrissey¿ says 'here's my new album' is it a collection of... well you¿ decide... but is he English now?

Cliche' busta

I call them albums, and I know loads of other English people who do.
But I wouldn't exactly call LA glamourous, ( unless you find car-parks glamorous ) - personally, I would of thought that New York would be the place to be in the US. Grubby northern cities always produce the best pop stars. I've often wondered why he chose LA for his tax-exile, I suppose its easy to be a star there without getting too much hassel.¿ Hunny, are you saying that the English don't use the word¿ 'album' to describe a collection of recorded songs? I believe I¿ have heard many English persons use this word in just this¿ sense. Furthermore, non-English folk such as Americans have been¿ known to use the term 'L.P.' Stop being such a linguistic¿ chauvinist and open your mind. Personally, I call records¿ 'records', even when they are on CD.¿ And Morrissey is allowed to like the United States. It's not a¿ crime, you know. There's no accounting for taste and all that.¿ He is a glamorous man and he needs glamorous surroundings to be¿ happy.

b&w-sharron.jpg

He lived in Spain for a while, didn't he? And he doesn't speak Spanish, or not much. Didn't Andy Rourke's mother live in Spain, too?

He chose LA because it's the only place where fans still give a crap about him.

Back
Top Bottom