Morrissey film facts

i'm obsessed with the imdb and found that entry a while back. i got a kick out of it.

one question though: 6'3? what? moz is definitely not that tall, but let's not get into that old debate.

Yeah, I thought that was a little inaccurate too.

I have just discovered that website - it's really good. I like 60s films and all the ones I'm interested in are on there

that might be because almost every film ever made is on there. just a guess. don't mind me. i was born this way. (this way meaning sarcastic.)

> one question though: 6'3? what? moz is definitely not that tall, but let's
> not get into that old debate.

Moz is around 5'11

sounds about right

because i'm 6' and he looks shorter than me. i've never met him, but i was very close to the low stage in phoenix last year.

what's that "brookside" thing? anyone have a coppy, or just the part mozz is in?

> what's that "brookside" thing? anyone have a coppy, or just the
> part mozz is in?

He just has a very small part in an episode. It lasts about a minute or two. Nothing too noteworthy.

Morrissey in Brookside

For those of you who don't know, and want to, 'Brookside' is a soap set in Liverpool and Morrissey appeared as himself. The storyline is - Tracy Corkhill goes to her local radio station (don't know why) and recognises Morrissey who is waiting to be interviewed (yes - it is a bit far-fetched).
She says something like "I know who you are" to which he wittily replies "so do I". She then asks him why he's there and he tells her.

That's about it really

> He just has a very small part in an episode. It lasts about a minute or
> two. Nothing too noteworthy.
I saw that. I downloaded it from Kazaa but in the beginning was an overweight guy singing Smiths songs and dancing with flowers in his pocket.

[GEARY walks off in applause. He poses for a picture.]

CHAIRMAN

I think we all agree with our esteemed colleague. Now Mr. Corleone you have been advised as to your legal rights. We have testimony from a witness -- a previous witness, one - Willie Cicci. He has stated that you are the head of the most powerful Mafia family in this country. Are you?

MICHAEL

No I'm not.

CHAIRMAN

The witness has testified that you are personally responsible -- for the murder of a New York City police Caption in 1947 and with him a man named Virgil Sollozzo. You deny this?

MICHAEL

Yes I do.

CHAIRMAN

Is it true that in -- in the year 1950 you devised the murder of the heads of the so-called five families in New York. Who assume and consolidate your nefarious power.

MICHAEL

That's a complete falsehood.

ANNOUNCER

Mr. Questadt

QUESTADT

Is it true that you have a controlling interest in three of the major hotels in Las Vegas.

MICHAEL

No it is not true -- I own stock in some of the hotels there -- but very little.

[TOM whispers something into MICHAEL's ear.]

I also have stock in IBM and IT&T.

QUESTADT

Are you familiar with the English pop singer Morrissey, and are you aware that he has appeared in an episode of Channel Four's "Brookside?"

MICHAEL

I am familiar with and enjoy his work. I believe that I am correct in thinking that he appeared in a short-lived spin off, "South", rather than the show itself.

QUESTADT

Your comment will be noted. Mr. Corleone do you have any interests or control over gambling or narcotics -- in the state of New York.

MICHAEL

No I do not.

TOM

Senator my client would like to read a statement before this committee.

SENATOR

Mr. Chairman -- Mr. Chairman -- I think this statement is totally out of order at this time.

TOM

Sir, my client has answered every question asked by this committee with utmost sincerity -- he has not taken the 5th amendment as it was his right to do. So in all fairness I think the statement should be heard.

[QUESTADT whispers something to the CHAIRMAN.]

CHAIRMAN

No, no I'm going to allow Mr. Corleone to read his statement -- I'll put it in the record.

MICHAEL

In the hopes of clearing my family name -- and in the sincere desire to give my children the fare share of the American way of life, without a blemish on their name and background -- I have appeared before this committee and given it all the cooperation in my power. I find it a great dishonor for me personally to have to deny that I am a criminal. I wish to have the following noted for the record. That I served my country faithfully and honorably in World War two and -- was awarded the Navy Cross for action in defense of my country. That I have never been arrested or indicted for any crime what-so-ever. That no proof linking me to any criminal conspiracy whether it is called "Mafia" or "Cosa Nostra" or whatever other name you wish to give has ever been made public. I have not taken refuge behind the 5th amendment as it was my right to do. I challenge this committee -- to produce any witness or evidence against. And if it do not -- I hope they will have the decency to clear my name with the same publicity with which they have now besmirched it.

CHAIRMAN

I'm sure we're all quite impressed. Particularly with your love for our country. The committee will stand in recess until ten o'clock when this committee will produce a witness who collaborates the charges that were made against you today. And at which time Mr. Corleone you may very well be subject to indictment for perjury. I remind you that you're still under soepeana Mr. Corleone. This court is adjured.

CUT TO: Inside an Army Barrack PENTANGELI sits on a couch.

I’m Moe Greene!

picduncan+d+shammy625.jpg

Trade mark

Known for his strangling croon, depressing but witty lyrics, and high hair.

nice..

Back
Top Bottom