Suggestions So Far

J

Jason Gura

Here's what I've got so far:

Belle & Sebastian "Tigermilk"
Cinerama "Va Va Boom"
Catatonia "Way Beyond Blue"
Sleeper "Pleased to Meet You"
Wedding Present "George Best" SEE I DIDN't FORGET!!!
PJ Harvey "To Bring You My Love"
Saint Etienne "Foxbase Alpha" "Good Humor"
Ivy "Apartment Life"
Low "I Could Live in Hope"
Red House Painters "Retrospective"
Kirstin Hersch "Sky Motel"
The Paradise Motel "Life Left to Kill"
The Bluetones "Expecting to Fly" "Last Chance Saloon"
Television Personalities "Closer to God"

My two American picks (not that they above list was exclusively English):

Vic Chesnutt "Salesman & Bernadette"
Mark Lanegan "Whiskey For the Holy Ghost"

Conspicuously absent are the suggestions of: AC/DC and Robbie Williams. Those "were" jokes, right??

For the record, Kristen Hersch is actually American.

Might I also suggest Looper (featuring B&S's Stuart David) and, for American content, Guided By Voices?

> Conspicuously absent are the suggestions of: AC/DC and Robbie¿ Williams. Those "were" jokes, right??
--------
The AC/DC suggestion was not a joke. They're fun, and they rock. Or, rather, they used to. If people would stop trying to cultivate an image and simply heed their tapping toes, they'd realize that Green Day is a much better band than Belle and Sabastian.

Other suggestions - Smoking Popes, Billy Bragg, Phil Ochs, the Jam, Public Enemy, Nick Lowe, Shonen Knife, the Spice Girls, Teenage Fanclub . . .

> If people would stop trying to¿ cultivate an image and simply heed their tapping toes, they'd¿ realize that Green Day is a much better band than Belle and¿ Sabastian.

Oh, c'mon, now! ;)¿ Other suggestions - Smoking Popes, Billy Bragg, Phil Ochs, the¿ Jam, Public Enemy, Nick Lowe, Shonen Knife, the Spice Girls,¿ Teenage Fanclub . . .

Shonen Knife had always annoyed me, but tell me, Colin, do you like Redd Kross? They were a quite a fun band, in my opinion.

> Might I also suggest Looper (featuring B&S's Stuart David) and,¿ for American content, Guided By Voices?

Get Looper and stay far away from Gentle Waves.

albert.jpg

> Oh, c'mon, now! ;)¿ Shonen Knife had always annoyed me, but tell me, Colin, do you¿ like Redd Kross? They were a quite a fun band, in my opinion.
----------
Everybody likes Redd Kross. Don't they?

Back
Top Bottom