Suzanne, I agree with you totally!

• Thread starter extreme feminist!¡
  • Start date
E

extreme feminist!¡

I have read your posts concernng relationships and so forth, Suzanne, and could not agree with you more. I feel the same way, and I plan on staying single the rest of m life. After all, who was it that said.... Love is just a miserable lie? I rest my case. ; )

Wasn't it Shelagh Delaney who said that?¿ I have read your posts concernng relationships and so forth,¿ Suzanne, and could not agree with you more. I feel the same way,¿ and I plan on staying single the rest of m life. After all, who¿ was it that said.... Love is just a miserable lie? I rest my¿ case. ; )

cleostill10.jpg

> Wasn't it Shelagh Delaney who said that?
But of course! She is my ultimate role model; who did you think I was referring to? Anyone here should know that...

An engagement ring doesn't mean a thing

But she's married with 8 children - hardly a role model for someone who wishes to remain single.¿ But of course! She is my ultimate role model; who did you think¿ I was referring to? Anyone here should know that...

cleostill10.jpg

Re: An engagement ring doesn't mean a thing

> But she's married with 8 children - hardly a role model for¿ someone who wishes to remain single.
Good point, indeed, however, I admire her for her intelligence and her use of words... anyone who can pen the phrase, "You're the bee's knees..." is truly marvelous. I have never been able to understand her, nor any other parents', views and actions on reproducing...

Re: An engagement ring doesn't mean a thing

> Good point, indeed, however, I admire her for her intelligence¿ and her use of words... anyone who can pen the phrase,¿ "You're the bee's knees..." is truly marvelous. I have¿ never been able to understand her, nor any other parents', views¿ and actions on reproducing...

well, often the act of child-rearing causes one to become slightly delusional,
in most cases. I just look at my own.

Look, do not mistake what I say as anything incredibly feminist. That has nothing to do with it. Just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean you are a weak individual. It's not my reason for doing as I do. It's not like I was all, "oh! Sandy Sorority girl got my guy AGAIN! I'm going to find my closest girl friend and go shopping and never think about boys again!" and discovering she wasn't home, bought a pint of Ben and Jerry's and piled up on the couch watching my taped collection of Ally McBeal. For the most part, it's not what I really wanted for myself. It just happened.

Don't you think it sucks after all these years that I have nothing to show for myself? You lose both ways. People like you and they don't understand why you are a nut case and drag your feet. People don't like you and they don't understand anything at all.¿ I have read your posts concernng relationships and so forth,¿ Suzanne, and could not agree with you more. I feel the same way,¿ and I plan on staying single the rest of m life. After all, who¿ was it that said.... Love is just a miserable lie? I rest my¿ case. ; )

Back
Top Bottom