Johnny Marr and The Healers

S

silentage

I am new to this site, so Im sure this has been touched on..but what do you think of Johnny Marr and The Healers.

I have seen them live and have the album.
I thought for the most part it was amazing - some of the songs were quite good, his singing voice is suprisingly good, kind of like Marc Bolan....
But I could'nt help thinking, what these songs would be like with you know who doing the voice work..

well the lyrics wouldn't be quite so crap. i mean, i love johnny, but his lyrics are child's play compared to morrissey's.

Re: Johnny Marr and The Healers------------d336XBxGKmMaf5cOa+ndfb

> well the lyrics wouldn't be quite so crap. i mean, i love johnny, but his
> lyrics are child's play compared to morrissey's.

You know I thought Marr's lyrics were pretty good. Simple yet evocitve, like T.Rex, maybe. Compared to Bernard Butler's solo stuff...

------------d336XBxGKmMaf5cOa+ndfb

I have seen them live and have the album as well. I really like them. I knew the music was going to be good, but I didn't know what to expect on the vocal front. I really like the way Marr sings. The Healers aren't The Smiths, but I don't know if anyone expected them to be. I am going to see them again in Chicago in May. I don't think Morrissey would have been as good of a frontman for this band. Different style.

> You know I thought Marr's lyrics were pretty good. Simple yet evocitve,
> like T.Rex, maybe. Compared to Bernard Butler's solo stuff...

> ------------d336XBxGKmMaf5cOa+ndfb

Have to say that T.Rex were the most overrated band ever. Their lyrics were utter dross. Unbelievably bad.
I'm no great admirer of Mr.Marr, but I'm sure his lyrics will be better than T. Rex's. Please someone, anyone - say they are.

> Have to say that T.Rex were the most overrated band ever. Their lyrics
> were utter dross. Unbelievably bad.
> I'm no great admirer of Mr.Marr, but I'm sure his lyrics will be better
> than T. Rex's. Please someone, anyone - say they are.

Yeah, T.Rex lyrics are "bad" its not message music or angst... Its not poetic in the same way as say The Smiths or as arty as David Slyvian..but I LOVE T.Rex

> I am new to this site, so Im sure this has been touched on..but what do
> you think of Johnny Marr and The Healers.

> I have seen them live and have the album.
> I thought for the most part it was amazing - some of the songs were quite
> good, his singing voice is suprisingly good, kind of like Marc Bolan....
> But I could'nt help thinking, what these songs would be like with you know
> who doing the voice work..

Musically I think "Boomslang" is the best thing Marr has done since The Smiths.
Of course the lyrics are very average but as Morrissey fans we have just been spoiled over the years.

95% of the stuff released today has crap lyrics. Marr's are no better and no worse.

Are Morrissey's lyrics that sophisticated?

What's so wonderful about what Morrissey has to say? He whines about life? O.K.

Hate to say it, but Robert Smith from The Cure comes up with better stuff than Morrissey ever will.

I like The Healers, though I think JM should pull his head out of his butt with all this, "I'm not in The Smiths anymore so I will try my best not to sound like them and I will keep as much of a distance from Morrissey as possible," crap. Seriously, if you read their comments about each other, it doesn't seem like either of them have irrepairable feelings toward each other. Sh*t, they are both like 50 now. It's time to get over sh*t and give the fans what they want again.

That said, yes, I think JM's lyrics suck. But who gives a crap? Johnny Marr plays the guitar. That's what I want to hear from him. Whether his voice is good or not doesn't matter.

Finally, I think Morrissey could EASILY sing in those Healer songs.

> I am new to this site, so Im sure this has been touched on..but what do
> you think of Johnny Marr and The Healers.

> I have seen them live and have the album.
> I thought for the most part it was amazing - some of the songs were quite
> good, his singing voice is suprisingly good, kind of like Marc Bolan....
> But I could'nt help thinking, what these songs would be like with you know
> who doing the voice work..

Amen to that. But seriously, you can't really compare the two. I found it interesting and refreshing to see & hear Johnny being the front man.

Back
Top Bottom