Morrissey's Dating Service....

M

mozfrk

Hello,
Just a thought....have a dating service to link up ppl. who like Morrissey & who are single! What does everyone think? This could also help out the ppl. who don't live on the West Coast!

> Hello,¿ Just a thought....have a dating service to link up ppl. who like¿ Morrissey & who are single! What does everyone think? This¿ could also help out the ppl. who don't live on the West Coast!

The whole idea seems a bit ironic, don't you think? A Morrissey dating service! Now, really!
I much prefer to stay on my own. Not because Morrissey thinks the same(does he?), but because it's what's best. Personal relationships are highly overrated and nearly always disappointing.

>Personal¿ relationships are highly overrated and nearly always¿ disappointing.

Wow! Is this how you really feel, or is this an affectation?

They may often be disappointing, but they're not overrated.

I don't want a Morrissey dating service because if some of those mean British magazines found out they'd make fun of us again.

If you seek a Moz fan locally, buy Moz t-shirts and wear them a lot. If it doesn't work, at least you'll look good while you're lonely.

> Wow! Is this how you really feel, or is this an affectation?¿ They may often be disappointing, but they're not overrated.

They are most definitely overrated. The time and energy most people put into finding someone to make them feel good about themselves would be much better spent reading a book or adopting a litter of kittens. I've discovered that I don't need anyone to pretend to like they are interested in me, I find myself to be the most interesting person I've ever met.

If it doesn't work, at least you'll look good while you're¿ lonely.

I'd rather stay ugly.

Wanna hear my humble opinion on that? I think it's a glorious idea.I've been looking for the man of my life for 7 long years now, so why not meet him here? We would have so much in common: the passion for Morrissey. And all you out there know that this is not just a silly pastime but a philosophy of life which does not say "Stay alone and be unhappy" but: "love somebody and be unhappy" so why not suffer together, eh?
But I very much doubt the possibility of meeting a straight man on this site, for I suppose 90% of all male Moz-fans to be gay...(what a shame for all of us young lonely girls...)
By the way, the suggested sexuality poll would be quite illuminating.

But please do not send me obscene e-mails now. OK, I might be desperate, but I'm not THAT desperate!

I'm straight !

... though most people think I'm gay.
The trouble with this idea is that most of the people around here are spead throughout the world ( unless you're Californian, then you should have no trouble! ). I'm from Manchester - King Lear's on at the Royal Exchange, meet you there if you like ( starring Tom Courtney - should be good! ).¿ Wanna hear my humble opinion on that? I think it's a glorious¿ idea.I've been looking for the man of my life for 7 long years¿ now, so why not meet him here? We would have so much in common:¿ the passion for Morrissey. And all you out there know that this¿ is not just a silly pastime but a philosophy of life which does¿ not say "Stay alone and be unhappy" but: "love¿ somebody and be unhappy" so why not suffer together, eh?¿ But I very much doubt the possibility of meeting a straight man¿ on this site, for I suppose 90% of all male Moz-fans to be¿ gay...(what a shame for all of us young lonely girls...)¿ By the way, the suggested sexuality poll would be quite¿ illuminating.¿ But please do not send me obscene e-mails now. OK, I might be¿ desperate, but I'm not THAT desperate!

cleostill10.jpg

> They are most definitely overrated. The time and energy most¿ people put into finding someone to make them feel good about¿ themselves would be much better spent reading a book or adopting¿ a litter of kittens. I've discovered that I don't need anyone to¿ pretend to like they are interested in me, I find myself to be¿ the most interesting person I've ever met.

You'll change your mind when you fall in love. = )

And it's not like you can't read a book _and_ have relationships. It's all the better to have someone to share what you read with.

> You'll change your mind when you fall in love. = )

Whatever. Why do people continually tell me this?? It's a condescending irritating comment I don't much appreciate. All it is meant to do is reduce the worth of my comments by implying that I am in some way immature or unexperienced. How do you know I have never been in "love"? I have seen both sides, and have chosen the better one for me.

> The whole idea seems a bit ironic, don't you think? A Morrissey¿ dating service! Now, really!

Pretty much.¿ I much prefer to stay on my own. Not because Morrissey thinks¿ the same(does he?), but because it's what's best. Personal¿ relationships are highly overrated and nearly always¿ disappointing.

Maybe you expect too much out of this person. After all, most people who want someone to love would feel drained if they were doing everything, and no, an appreciative smile won't make them feel better.

Face it, your life will suck either way, but think of the many times you may have had an awful week and you think, "...and I had to go through it alone!" and you feel ten times worse.

i have a litter of kittens i need to get rid of. PLEASE take them and be happy. 2 are black and three are black and white.

the best way to find love is to "let it happen." that way, you dont "expend" your book reading time.

sheesh....with such a poor attitude...

anyway.....take these kittens, they've out grown the box¿ They are most definitely overrated. The time and energy most¿ people put into finding someone to make them feel good about¿ themselves would be much better spent reading a book or adopting¿ a litter of kittens. I've discovered that I don't need anyone to¿ pretend to like they are interested in me, I find myself to be¿ the most interesting person I've ever met.¿ If it doesn't work, at least you'll look good while you're¿ I'd rather stay ugly.

90%gay???

lol!!

I dont buy that. i know a few gay guys and none of them like morrissey. on that same note, i know lots of straight guys that like morrissey. i would even venture to say...with no authority of course that over 50% of the guys that post on this site are straight.

so take heart and keep lookin, we're out here. =)¿ Wanna hear my humble opinion on that? I think it's a glorious¿ idea.I've been looking for the man of my life for 7 long years¿ now, so why not meet him here? We would have so much in common:¿ the passion for Morrissey. And all you out there know that this¿ is not just a silly pastime but a philosophy of life which does¿ not say "Stay alone and be unhappy" but: "love¿ somebody and be unhappy" so why not suffer together, eh?¿ But I very much doubt the possibility of meeting a straight man¿ on this site, for I suppose 90% of all male Moz-fans to be¿ gay...(what a shame for all of us young lonely girls...)¿ By the way, the suggested sexuality poll would be quite¿ illuminating.¿ But please do not send me obscene e-mails now. OK, I might be¿ desperate, but I'm not THAT desperate!

Re: 90%gay???Or 90% straight?? who cares!

I dont think that 90% of them are gay either!! And if you meet a guy who loves moz as much as you and hes gay then thats even better isnt it? That way you to can become really good friends and not have to worry about getting "involved" . Besides.. any guy i have a relationship with will LEARN like morrissey eventually once im through with him. Haha.. maybe thats why im single??

glam1.gif

homoville

i highly doubt your estimate that 90% of men here are gay.

in fact, you will find (if you really try), that there are many straight homophobes who post here. these are the guys who freak out at the suggestion that morrissey is gay (which he is), are overly concerned with people's gender in chat, and for all practical purposes are "typical males."

they just happen to have been trendy enough to discover morrissey at some point (though morrissey certainly isn't trendy now), and fancy themselves to be hip and different.

but many of the guys here are no different than any other creep you might meet.

looking for a man in a morrissey chat room IS desperate

well, her point was she WANTS to get involved. if she just wanted "morrissey companionship" she could be good freinds with another girl.

=)

Gay musical tastes

Don't gay guys like Hi NRG music anyway? Not Morrissey?

> Whatever. Why do people continually tell me this??

Because it's true.¿It's a condescending irritating comment I don't much¿appreciate.

So touchy.¿All it is meant to do is reduce the worth of my comments by implying¿ that I am in some way immature or unexperienced. How do you know¿ I have never been in "love"? I have seen both sides,¿ and have chosen the better one for me.

You should live your life any way you like. (It's your life to ruin your own way....)

By "personal relationships" did you mean only intimate, or have you turned away from human bonding entirely?

BTW, you were telling others how to live as well....¿>>>>>
[Personal relationships] are most definitely overrated. The time and energy most people put into finding someone to make them feel good about themselves would be much better spent reading a book or adopting a litter of kittens.

¿ Did you ever consider that if everyone took this advice there¿ wouldn't be any great books? Because nobody would have anything¿ to write about....

There are many great novels about suffering. Matter of fact, there is one called "Les Miserables"

I can see where she is coming from though. If you are very unfamiliar with the turf involved in dating and love, you can see why the idea is very frightening. Suddenly, there is this whole code of interaction that you are not used to and don't know how to handle. Feelings that you are used to keeping only to yourself must suddenly be shared, and then if you share the wrong thing, you have to worry if that other person will understand or think you are a weirdo and leave you. Despite what all those self help therapists preach about unconditional love, it really doesn't exist anywhere. Especially in dating relationships when that person thinks to themself, "I'm smart, I'm good looking, I have means, and it is possible for others (besides this person I'm with) to like me. Why should I stay with them?"

I don't know. I've seen too many people bounce from one relationship to another to the point where it just doesn't mean a whole lot. I've seen too many people miserable, tied down, and sacrificial for some guy that is a complete jerk. The guys I liked were well out of my reach and all the losers came around and made me miserable. And for so many years, I had absolutely nothing positive to base what a relationship should be on and I immediately chunked every guy's phone number in the trash (which I would usually take to get them off my back) because I did not feel anything was worth any effort. I didn't think it would matter to most of them anyway. They would just find some other girl and not think anything of it.

Re: homoville

Well, I'm glad you're not generalizing most of the guys here who you hardly know, by the way. Please, speak for yourself or a guy that you actually know.¿ i highly doubt your estimate that 90% of men here are gay.¿ in fact, you will find (if you really try), that there are many¿ straight homophobes who post here. these are the guys who freak¿ out at the suggestion that morrissey is gay (which he is), are¿ overly concerned with people's gender in chat, and for all¿ practical purposes are "typical males."¿ they just happen to have been trendy enough to discover¿ morrissey at some point (though morrissey certainly isn't trendy¿ now), and fancy themselves to be hip and different.¿ but many of the guys here are no different than any other creep¿ you might meet.

Did you look up any of our personal profiles from some research firm or something? You're right that there are some people here who make a tremendous deal about Morrissey's sexuality when there are more important topics that we can discuss. Are they uncomfortable with the possibility that he's gay? Who knows? Why do you think Morrissey says he's asexual in the first place? It's to stick it to the media and their fascination for outing alleged gay celebrities. Moz is saying, should anyone give a f-uck whether he's gay or not? Nope.

Girl Afraid

> If you are very¿ unfamiliar with the turf involved in dating and love, you can¿ see why the idea is very frightening. Suddenly, there is this¿ whole code of interaction that you are not used to and don't¿ know how to handle. Feelings that you are used to keeping only¿ to yourself must suddenly be shared, and then if you share the¿ wrong thing, you have to worry if that other person will¿ understand or think you are a weirdo and leave you. Despite what¿ all those self help therapists preach about unconditional love,¿ it really doesn't exist anywhere. Especially in dating¿ relationships when that person thinks to themself, "I'm¿ smart, I'm good looking, I have means, and it is possible for¿ others (besides this person I'm with) to like me. Why should I¿ stay with them?"

Wow, you've hit the proverbial nail on the head, Suzanne - I couldn't have put it better, had I tried.

I dated ONLY Morrissey/ Smiths fans (three, okay? but I've heard this very same thing from friends) for a year, and they are capable of unusual emotional cruelty/manipulation and incredible self-absorption. I still can't figure it out. I blamed myself ("how could it be possible?")...However, I've been in stable, healthy relationships since, so I know I'm not ENTIRELY to blame. I think maybe I just saw too much of myself in these boys, I'm not sure, but all three were just AWFUL (but all three uncommonly attractive, I must add). It just seemed as if they were each determined to play the (stylish) victim ... *grrr*

...but passing someone on the street in a moz tee *swooon* still gets me.

Back
Top Bottom