My Email To (Lame)Mtv

M

Mark D Sempek

To Whom It May Concern:
Where the hell was the Morrissey new debut that was supposed to be played tonight on 120 minutes? I waited up all night to see this and you @#!!!s don't even play it.. MTV is quickly losing my respect and VH1 seems to be replacing your true being. If you say you are going to play something you PLAY it!!! I hope your @#!!!ty organization goes underground! A large corporation as you are should know what the hell you are going to be broadcasting... EMAIL me when you WAKE UP!!!!!
REGARDS,
Mark Daniel Sempek

Where the @#!!! was Morrissey!

Where in the world was that supposed Morrissey video that we were supposed to see on 120 minutes?! Let me guess, did the idiots at MTV mistake Morrissey for that Canadian moose look-alike, Alanis Morrissette? Nice move, eh? MTV, DIE! Especially Carson Daly and Matt Pinhead, DIE you fake pricks! On another note, that Jancee Dunn is pretty hot! Why doesn't MTV replace Matt Pinhead with the beautiful Dunn? At least her voice is audible.¿ To Whom It May Concern:¿ Where the hell was the Morrissey new debut that was supposed to¿ be played tonight on 120 minutes? I waited up all night to see¿ this and you @#!!! s don't even play it.. MTV is quickly losing¿ my respect and VH1 seems to be replacing your true being. If you¿ say you are going to play something you PLAY it!!! I hope your¿ @#!!! ty organization goes underground! A large corporation as¿ you are should know what the hell you are going to be¿ broadcasting... EMAIL me when you WAKE UP!!!!!¿ REGARDS,¿ Mark Daniel Sempek

Pinfield sucks

> Where in the world was that supposed Morrissey video that we¿ were supposed to see on 120 minutes?! Let me guess, did the¿ idiots at MTV mistake Morrissey for that Canadian moose¿ look-alike, Alanis Morrissette?

Apparently, the Canadian Nugget talked so damn much that some videos were bumped, and Moz was 'first choice' to go. Kakarot has the email confirming this.¿ Nice move, eh? MTV, DIE!¿ Especially Carson Daly and Matt Pinhead, DIE you fake pricks!

I call him Fatt Pinhead.¿ On¿ another note, that Jancee Dunn is pretty hot! Why doesn't MTV¿ replace Matt Pinhead with the beautiful Dunn? At least her voice¿ is audible.

Yes! someone agrees with me on that. Jancee Dunn is a hottie. After we assess the Moz situation, and get the video played, I would like to start another email campaign to fire Fatt Pinhead and get that sweet bombshell on 120. Her M2 background promises to give new life to the show. Plus, there was never a female lead on 120: there was Kevin Seal, Dave Kendall, Lewis Largent, whom were all men.

ANYWAY, WHO'S WITH ME??

(I stand above the podium in hopes of leading the crusade, only to have no followers except for the sound of crickets)

Re: Pinfield sucks

¿ Yes! someone agrees with me on that. Jancee Dunn is a hottie.¿ After we assess the Moz situation, and get the video played, I¿ would like to start another email campaign to fire Fatt Pinhead¿ and get that sweet bombshell on 120. Her M2 background promises¿ to give new life to the show. Plus, there was never a female¿ lead on 120: there was Kevin Seal, Dave Kendall, Lewis Largent,¿ whom were all men.

Actually, Downtown Julie Brown (shudder) used to host the show before Kevin Seal (who I still think was the best host ever because he rarely hid his disdain or total lack of knowledge for the music. Made for great TV).

Yeah, I'm old.

> ANYWAY, WHO'S WITH ME??
--------
I'm definitely in. Jancee is a cutie pie with a lucky lisp.

kevin seal

Kevin Seal kicked ass.
I haven't even SEEN that show since he was on it.

Pinfield still sucks

> Actually, Downtown Julie Brown (shudder) used to host the show¿ before Kevin Seal (who I still think was the best host ever¿ because he rarely hid his disdain or total lack of knowledge for¿ the music. Made for great TV).¿ Yeah, I'm old.

Actually, that was during an extemely formative period in the show. There was no permanent host yet, and it was still treated with rotated VJs--Martha Quinn, Mark Goodman, and Alan Hunter [who hosted the most during this period] all had short stints. Downtown Julie Brown is among the list of fillers. It wasn't until Kevin Seal did they decide to give the show a permanent host. Apparently, he gave it so much life to 120 that they decided to make him a permanent host. After he left the show, such big boots needed to be filled that they felt it mandatory to have regular hosts. Too bad Pinhead doesn't measure up even close.

My Email From Lame)Mtv

We hate being pre-empted, too. Unfortunatly, it seems that Lovelines/ Road Rules gets a better rating that 120 minutes, so on holiday weekends, they tend to pre-empt us. We'll be back next week, though, with Blondie & Lenny Kravitz
This was the reply I got from 120 Minutes when I protested the preempting of 120 Minutes once again. No mention of Morrissey on the playlist, though.

> Actually, Downtown Julie Brown (shudder) used to host the show¿ before Kevin Seal (who I still think was the best host ever¿ because he rarely hid his disdain or total lack of knowledge for¿ the music. Made for great TV).¿ Yeah, I'm old.

YOU'RE old? Remember a little show called "The Cutting Edge?" How about "the Basement Tapes" segments? Damn, it's all coming back to me now...

Re: Pinfield still sucks

> YOU'RE old? Remember a little show called "The Cutting¿ Edge?" How about "the Basement Tapes" segments?¿ Damn, it's all coming back to me now...

Ah, I remember "The Cutting Edge" from when i was but a wee lass. Actually, i own a couple of videos called "The Best of the Cutting Edge", volumes 1 & 2. On one of them they feature a very underground band called REM. It's very interesting to see, because they're all so young, and Michael Stipe has long, beautiful curly hair.
Don't remember "The Basement Tapes", though. What exactly was that?
Remeber "Closet Classics", where they would show these old TV apperances by 60s and 70s bands?
Well, gotta go. Time to gum down breakfast at the old folk's home i reside in! ;)

Re: Pinfield still sucks

> Ah, I remember "The Cutting Edge" from when i was but¿ a wee lass. Actually, i own a couple of videos called "The¿ Best of the Cutting Edge", volumes 1 & 2. On one of¿ them they feature a very underground band called REM. It's very¿ interesting to see, because they're all so young, and Michael¿ Stipe has long, beautiful curly hair.¿ Don't remember "The Basement Tapes", though. What¿ exactly was that?¿ Remeber "Closet Classics", where they would show these¿ old TV apperances by 60s and 70s bands?¿ Well, gotta go. Time to gum down breakfast at the old folk's¿ home i reside in! ;)

It was Closet Classics Capsule! I remember seeing that! The night that my little brother's pinkie toe was practically severed from his foot, we came back home after his surgery and I saw Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" on that program for the first time, along with Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walking." That was the same night that HBO debuted a show by a loveable group of Canadian crossdressers called The Kids In the Hall! What a night! Nothing in the 90's has ever come close.
As a sidenote, I used to work with an extremely neurotic woman who used to go to high school with Matt Pinfield in South River, NJ. She became very peeved when I voiced my dislike of him and stated that he had been well liked in high school for being so nice. She recalled that he had been fat then as well, but could not call to mind any specific instances where he had been nice. I wonder if she would have remembered him at all had he not gone on to be on MTV. I happen to dislike him because whenever he interviews people, he never seems well prepared, and he doesn't really have any interest in people's answers to his questions. His attitude is like, " will you stop talking already so I can ask another question?!" He's been on entirely too long.

Basement Tapes

> Don't remember "The Basement Tapes", though. What¿ exactly was that?

The Basement Tapes was a segment where unsigned groups would send their videos to MTV, then (I think) there'd be a contest every so often to judge the best video (and possibly, reward said group with a contract, though I'm not sure of that part). Can you imagine MTV doing that now?¿ Remeber "Closet Classics", where they would show these¿ old TV apperances by 60s and 70s bands?

Like the other post said: Black Sabbath and Nancy Sinatra - in the same half hour. I can't believe how much MTV has changed. It pains me.

Back
Top Bottom