johnny marr and the healers on david letterman

M

Mindy

thanks to mrs. shankly's, i finally got to see this. i can't say i really like the music. it's okay and certainly better than a lot of crap on the air these days. however, the oasis influence is readily apparent, and i'm not too into oasis. (who is these days?)

anyway, it's all very well and good to discuss the music, but what the hell was johnny wearing? god, when an english woman came into the children's clothing store i worked at and asked if we had any jackets with fur-lined (faux or otherwise) hoods FOR BOYS, i thought she had to be kidding, but she said that was the style in england. i thought, wow, what a silly trend. i had no idea GROWN MEN would go in for such a thing. that's so girly. ugh. dear god, that's a look that needs to go out of fashion and never come back.

> thanks to mrs. shankly's, i finally got to see this. i can't say i really
> like the music. it's okay and certainly better than a lot of crap on the
> air these days. however, the oasis influence is readily apparent, and i'm
> not too into oasis. (who is these days?)

> anyway, it's all very well and good to discuss the music, but what the
> hell was johnny wearing? god, when an english woman came into the
> children's clothing store i worked at and asked if we had any jackets with
> fur-lined (faux or otherwise) hoods FOR BOYS, i thought she had to be
> kidding, but she said that was the style in england. i thought, wow, what
> a silly trend. i had no idea GROWN MEN would go in for such a thing.
> that's so girly. ugh. dear god, that's a look that needs to go out of
> fashion and never come back.

Now, now, my dear, although bad style sense is something we unfortunately keep repeating (There must a number or two in your closet history that makes you run out screaming in horror, is there not????????), well I can say this, it was faux (any other way he wouldn't have it) and ummm, the white shoes of '82 were clearly more dreadful.

i'm only 19. i haven't had much time to collect fashion faux pas. i am a child of the eighties though, so scratch that. now i pretty much wear just denim skirts, tshirts, and flipflops with the odd pair of cargos or capris. safe and boring. i never claimed to be fashionable, but at least i'm not really "out there" (as in my day to day life, i do not like to call attention to my physical appearance).

and i know it must have been fake fur. sorry if i implied it might be real. i just think it's a really stupid look for a guy.

> i'm only 19. i haven't had much time to collect fashion faux pas. i am a
> child of the eighties though, so scratch that. now i pretty much wear just
> denim skirts, tshirts, and flipflops with the odd pair of cargos or
> capris. safe and boring. i never claimed to be fashionable, but at least
> i'm not really "out there" (as in my day to day life, i do not
> like to call attention to my physical appearance).

> and i know it must have been fake fur. sorry if i implied it might be
> real. i just think it's a really stupid look for a guy.

Umm, there really is nothing wrong with safe and boring in anything, that's the speed of my life, so really, there's nothing wrong or horrible about that. Umm, truth be told occasionally in the late hours of the night I itch to umm, step back in time and caution the person I use to be to please, please, not leave the house in those dreadful fabrics........ahh, wishful thinking. Umm, I know, I know, all my ramblings. Umm, as for the look situation, ummm, hmmm, umm, well to one's own mistakes....................

Love Always.

E! Fashion Emergency

> and i know it must have been fake fur. sorry if i implied it might be
> real. i just think it's a really stupid look for a guy.
The poor guy looked terrified. I would like the jacket for myself, but you could barely see his head because of the collar.
I did like the song.

Re: E! Fashion Emergency

yeah, johnny kind of did look like he was hiding behind his baggy clothes, and i did like the song in spite of the oasis influences. it grows on you. it's not something i'd normally listen to though.

> yeah, johnny kind of did look like he was hiding behind his baggy clothes,
> and i did like the song in spite of the oasis influences. it grows on you.
> it's not something i'd normally listen to though.

Did you watch this at a friend's house Mind?

i downloaded it from mrs. shankly's.

Back
Top Bottom