pet peeves

M

Mindy

my number one pet peeve of the day is people who hose down sidewalks/driveways instead of sweeping them. i realize it saves time, but it wastes water.

plus, it's really shitty when they hose down bits of pavement (especially steps) that are already slick from wear. i was walking back to my dorm and the maintenance guys had hosed down the entire walkway, which is already worn smooth from thousands of college students treading them daily for decades. and i fell flat on my back. i am a klutz, but that should not f***ing happen. (and no, there were no dry places i could have walked to get in my building.) i couldn't get up for a few seconds and my back still really hurts. this is something that has always bothered me though.

what are some of your pet peeves? (i'm in a whingebag -- as moz might say, as he said of robert smith -- mood today.)

Oh god. Do you have an hour? OK. Let's see if I can compose a list.

* people who call me at work and say "do you have the phone number for so and so" and I say "yes I do -- it's...". THAT'S the point where I'm rudely interupted by "oh -- hold on a sec, i need to go grab a pen". WHAT?? You called me for this specific reason and it didn't occur to you to grab a bloody pen? HELLO?! Assholes

* People who jingle change in their pockets. This drives me mad to no end.

* Mothers who ignore their whiny, bratty children. There's nothing worse than hearing "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" repeated a hundred times and the mother doesn't even bat an eye! What the hell? Grrr

* People who don't know the meaning of good hygene. For christ sake -- brush your teeth! Comb your hair. Look half-way presentable when you come into my office. Some people have just given up completely.

* People who quiz me about being a vegetarian and give me the whole "vegetables have feelings too" and then I have to go into my big long speech about how vegetables don't have a central nervous system, etc. It seems I have this idiotic conversation on a daily basis. Just eat you meat, shut the f*ck up and leave me alone! lol

* When my boyfriend talks to me while I'm on the phone with someone else. I'm convinced this is a man thing because every guy that I know does this. WHY???

Hmm..give me a couple minutes. I'm sure I'll think of a ton more. As you can see...I'm easily irritated.

I hate it when companies bill something as "new and improved." It's one or the other, for christ's sake.

I hate it when I am on a bus or train which is almost completely empty, and someone gets on and sits close to me when they could sit anywhere else. Usually I move away, then they try and start conversation with me from across the vehicle...isn't it obvious I don't want to be bothered?

I hate it when people find a song they like by an artist I adore and bother me with "Oh my god, I love so and so...I have only heard such and such...but he/she is my new favorite..." It's also irritating when people who have crap taste in music suddenly like something I listen to.

I hate it when I am reading a book and some idiot comes up and starts asking me what it is about and whether or not it is any good...I AM TRYING TO READ THE DAMNED THING.

I hate how no matter what show I am working, there is always that one actor or actress who thinks they are the world's authority on what everyone should be doing and so give advice and orders which contradict that of the directors and stage managers. Though it's not so bad sometimes, I guess, because I usually get to fire them

I hate it when people see my tattoos and ask if it hurt...what the hell kind of question is that? Do they ask that to everyone who they see with a tattoo, or is it just my luck?

I hate working at the bookstore when idiots want to come and say "Do you have this book?" "No, we don't currently carry that title." "Oh, well can you tell me what bookstores around here have it?" What the hell, I am not a personal shopper or a know-it-all about the inventory of the dozens of bookstores in the area. Why don't these people call around??

> Oh god. Do you have an hour? OK. Let's see if I can compose a list.

> * people who call me at work and say "do you have the phone number
> for so and so" and I say "yes I do -- it's...". THAT'S the
> point where I'm rudely interupted by "oh -- hold on a sec, i need to
> go grab a pen". WHAT?? You called me for this specific reason and it
> didn't occur to you to grab a bloody pen? HELLO?! Assholes

> * People who jingle change in their pockets. This drives me mad to no end.

> * Mothers who ignore their whiny, bratty children. There's nothing worse
> than hearing "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" repeated a hundred
> times and the mother doesn't even bat an eye! What the hell? Grrr

> * People who don't know the meaning of good hygene. For christ sake --
> brush your teeth! Comb your hair. Look half-way presentable when you come
> into my office. Some people have just given up completely.

> * People who quiz me about being a vegetarian and give me the whole
> "vegetables have feelings too" and then I have to go into my big
> long speech about how vegetables don't have a central nervous system, etc.
> It seems I have this idiotic conversation on a daily basis. Just eat you
> meat, shut the f*ck up and leave me alone! lol

> * When my boyfriend talks to me while I'm on the phone with someone else.
> I'm convinced this is a man thing because every guy that I know does this.
> WHY???

> Hmm..give me a couple minutes. I'm sure I'll think of a ton more. As you
> can see...I'm easily irritated.
wow, I am glad i'm on your side!

> I hate it when companies bill something as "new and improved."
> It's one or the other, for christ's sake.

> I hate it when I am on a bus or train which is almost completely empty,
> and someone gets on and sits close to me when they could sit anywhere
> else. Usually I move away, then they try and start conversation with me
> from across the vehicle...isn't it obvious I don't want to be bothered?

> I hate it when people find a song they like by an artist I adore and
> bother me with "Oh my god, I love so and so...I have only heard such
> and such...but he/she is my new favorite..." It's also irritating
> when people who have crap taste in music suddenly like something I listen
> to.

> I hate it when I am reading a book and some idiot comes up and starts
> asking me what it is about and whether or not it is any good...I AM TRYING
> TO READ THE DAMNED THING.

> I hate how no matter what show I am working, there is always that one
> actor or actress who thinks they are the world's authority on what
> everyone should be doing and so give advice and orders which contradict
> that of the directors and stage managers. Though it's not so bad
> sometimes, I guess, because I usually get to fire them

> I hate it when people see my tattoos and ask if it hurt...what the hell
> kind of question is that? Do they ask that to everyone who they see with a
> tattoo, or is it just my luck?

> I hate working at the bookstore when idiots want to come and say "Do
> you have this book?" "No, we don't currently carry that
> title." "Oh, well can you tell me what bookstores around here
> have it?" What the hell, I am not a personal shopper or a know-it-all
> about the inventory of the dozens of bookstores in the area. Why don't
> these people call around??

I am the QUEEN of pet peeves, but I'm in a hurry. For now I'll throw in my biggest: LEAF BLOWERS! Those damn things send me over the edge, I get rabid and I start to foam at the mouth when someone outside is using one. RRRRGG!

* People who jingle change in their pockets. This drives me mad to no end

when men do this, they usually aren't just counting the loose change...

> * People who jingle change in their pockets. This drives me mad to no end

> when men do this, they usually aren't just counting the loose change...

*GASP* Oh -- that's just great! Thanks for the mental image David! lol So when my grandpa is jingling his change in his pocket....OH GOD. I must stop now. This has gone too far. *gags*

Re: robbie williams's face-ME TOO!!

and when the cable goes out.
2. When people cut you off, and slam on their brakes.

Back
Top Bottom