A call to Arms..A call to THE BRAVE ONES.

B

Brutalful

I really think that we ought to organise something...If most of us are going to Coachella, will we just sit and be sad when Moz leaves the stage and johnny has not appeared? Do we wait patiently through beck then to see if Johnny calls upon Moz???

I think we ough to come up with a public demand to call for Johnny.
All of the He said,they said...@#!!!e aside, Morrissey ANd Johnny Both know by now that it will be expected. They owe it to us. If by the first encore johnny has not been called I think we should all just Rally around and sing "Johnn-y Marr, Johnn-y Marr, johnn-y Marr"
to the tune of "MORRISSEy Morrissey" and just absolutely f-ing DEMAND it from him. If he says no and doesnt produce , well.....He's an ass.What kind of performer would directly insult his own fans like that. THEY BOTH KNOW WE WANT IT! THEY CAN BOTH DO IT!...am I alone on this?.....(and yes I know its an english socer song thing, and not realy Mozzy's battle cry...for those who have no idea what Im taking about please watch HULMERIST)

Re: God I hope not...but do make a bootleg just in case

You are setting yourself up for a fall here brutalful....we both know that it isn't going to happen. We both know that neither of them want it to happen. We both know that even if it did happen it would never be the same. I for one hope that it doesn't happen and that both men realize that the smiths were magical and bigger than either of them. The smiths were part of a magical time and Marr and Moz were both young and ready to conquer the world. Now, if they did get back together, even for just one song, ehhhh it would just be a letdown. All over this site we would see how they sounded diffrent or how morrissey has changed or how it is just a scheme for them to make money. Both men have moved on and left the Smiths in thier past. If they do play together, remind me that I will be eating my words.... Because I of course, will be the first in line for the bootleg. I just pray they dont make a great thing from the past an aweful money maker for the present like bauhaus or page and plant or any other band who well you know.

yes, i agree with you. but i don`t think the smiths were bigger than either of them, at least not bigger than moz. this site is called morrissey-solo, and this says everything.¿ You are setting yourself up for a fall here brutalful....we both¿ know that it isn't going to happen. We both know that neither of¿ them want it to happen. We both know that even if it did happen¿ it would never be the same. I for one hope that it doesn't¿ happen and that both men realize that the smiths were magical¿ and bigger than either of them. The smiths were part of a¿ magical time and Marr and Moz were both young and ready to¿ conquer the world. Now, if they did get back together, even for¿ just one song, ehhhh it would just be a letdown. All over this¿ site we would see how they sounded diffrent or how morrissey has¿ changed or how it is just a scheme for them to make money. Both¿ men have moved on and left the Smiths in thier past. If they do¿ play together, remind me that I will be eating my words....¿ Because I of course, will be the first in line for the bootleg.¿ I just pray they dont make a great thing from the past an aweful¿ money maker for the present like bauhaus or page and plant or¿ any other band who well you know.

Johnny Marr probably won't even BE at coachella. So what's the use? We would just look like idiots and it would just embarass morrissey.

I CANT BELIEVE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH CRAP.... IF YOU ARE SO BLOODY DESPERATE FOR SMITHS MUSIC, STAY HOME AND LISTEN TO CD'S.....HOW UNBELIEVABLY RUDE TO CHANT JOHNNY AT A MOZ SHOW! SMITHS IS DEAD. MAYBE THEY WILL BE "BROUGHT TO LIFE" SOMEDAY BUT NOT NOW.. THIS IS MORRISSEY'S TOUR!! IF JOHNNY WERE TO APPEAR THAT WOULD BE F*CKING AMAZING, BUT CHANTING???????? HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU WERE PERFORMING AND YOUR "SUPPOSED" FANS WERE SCREAMING THE NAME OF ONE OF YOUR BANDMATES FROM A BAND THAT HAS BEEN DECEASED FOR NEARLY 13 YEARS?? IF I HEAR YOU CHANTING JOHNNY, I WILL BOF YYOUR QUOFF WITH GLADIOLI!!

How would he feel???? Mr Gazillion dollars how would he feel? would I hurt his little feelings??? It is not something that would SHOCK him. I think it would just be a reminder like..."Hey you, singer guy...We spent $50 bucks on the chance Johnny would show up. bring him out"

If noone agrees I can accept that. I just want to see them play together one day...and if noone ASKS for it..why would they do it?
What I do know is, if they ARE both there and they dont play together I will be very depressed and feeling slighted. Their two ego's cant get together for 8 minutes to make a ton of hardcore fans happy?

> I really think that we ought to organise something...If most of¿ us are going to Coachella, will we just sit and be sad when Moz¿ leaves the stage and johnny has not appeared? Do we wait¿ patiently through beck then to see if Johnny calls upon Moz???¿ I think we ough to come up with a public demand to call for¿ Johnny.¿ All of the He said,they said... @#!!! e aside, Morrissey ANd¿ Johnny Both know by now that it will be expected. They owe it to¿ us. If by the first encore johnny has not been called I think we¿ should all just Rally around and sing "Johnn-y Marr,¿ Johnn-y Marr, johnn-y Marr"¿ to the tune of "MORRISSEy Morrissey" and just¿ absolutely f-ing DEMAND it from him. If he says no and doesnt¿ produce , well.....He's an ass.What kind of performer would¿ directly insult his own fans like that. THEY BOTH KNOW WE WANT¿ IT! THEY CAN BOTH DO IT!...am I alone on this?.....(and yes I¿ know its an english socer song thing, and not realy Mozzy's¿ battle cry...for those who have no idea what Im taking about¿ please watch HULMERIST)
Excuse me, but neither Morrissey nor Johnny OWE you anything!!! He's not some trained puppet that you can control- Morrissey is the one who will decide, as will Johnny- and I don't think it's going to happen. The Smiths were another time, and another place. I loved them too. But you have to move on and be a little more mature about this. They have the control, not you. And Hulmerist- what does that have to do with anything, outside of the little song/chant the kids do? You're lucky to even be able to SEE Morrissey for christ's sake. This is not 1988 anymore, it's 1999. Your arrogance angers me, and you don't even deserve to attend.

> I CANT BELIEVE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH CRAP.... IF YOU ARE SO¿ BLOODY DESPERATE FOR SMITHS MUSIC, STAY HOME AND LISTEN TO¿ CD'S.....HOW UNBELIEVABLY RUDE TO CHANT JOHNNY AT A MOZ SHOW!¿ SMITHS IS DEAD. MAYBE THEY WILL BE "BROUGHT TO LIFE"¿ SOMEDAY BUT NOT NOW.. THIS IS MORRISSEY'S TOUR!! IF JOHNNY WERE¿ TO APPEAR THAT WOULD BE F*CKING AMAZING, BUT CHANTING????????¿ HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU WERE PERFORMING AND YOUR¿ "SUPPOSED" FANS WERE SCREAMING THE NAME OF ONE OF YOUR¿ BANDMATES FROM A BAND THAT HAS BEEN DECEASED FOR NEARLY 13¿ YEARS?? IF I HEAR YOU CHANTING JOHNNY, I WILL BOF YYOUR QUOFF¿ WITH GLADIOLI!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooo, psycho!

You'll embarrass Moz, Johnny and yourself if it doesn't happen. You'll make everyone feel really bad. You'll RUIN IT. Sides, there's no guarantee that Johnny will play with Beck, anyway. Johnny has his own life to live and his own records to make.

Please, please, please don't do it. You will regret it and everyone will hate you forever (especially Moz). It would cause a big fight on this site, too, so just shut up!¿ I really think that we ought to organise something...If most of¿ us are going to Coachella, will we just sit and be sad when Moz¿ leaves the stage and johnny has not appeared? Do we wait¿ patiently through beck then to see if Johnny calls upon Moz???¿ I think we ough to come up with a public demand to call for¿ Johnny.¿ All of the He said,they said... @#!!! e aside, Morrissey ANd¿ Johnny Both know by now that it will be expected. They owe it to¿ us. If by the first encore johnny has not been called I think we¿ should all just Rally around and sing "Johnn-y Marr,¿ Johnn-y Marr, johnn-y Marr"¿ to the tune of "MORRISSEy Morrissey" and just¿ absolutely f-ing DEMAND it from him. If he says no and doesnt¿ produce , well.....He's an ass.What kind of performer would¿ directly insult his own fans like that. THEY BOTH KNOW WE WANT¿ IT! THEY CAN BOTH DO IT!...am I alone on this?.....(and yes I¿ know its an english socer song thing, and not realy Mozzy's¿ battle cry...for those who have no idea what Im taking about¿ please watch HULMERIST)

I'm going to Coachella to see Morrissey and Modest Mouse and to hang out in the desert. I'm not making any such demands.¿ I really think that we ought to organise something...If most of¿ us are going to Coachella, will we just sit and be sad when Moz¿ leaves the stage and johnny has not appeared? Do we wait¿ patiently through beck then to see if Johnny calls upon Moz???¿ I think we ough to come up with a public demand to call for¿ Johnny.¿ All of the He said,they said... @#!!! e aside, Morrissey ANd¿ Johnny Both know by now that it will be expected. They owe it to¿ us. If by the first encore johnny has not been called I think we¿ should all just Rally around and sing "Johnn-y Marr,¿ Johnn-y Marr, johnn-y Marr"¿ to the tune of "MORRISSEy Morrissey" and just¿ absolutely f-ing DEMAND it from him. If he says no and doesnt¿ produce , well.....He's an ass.What kind of performer would¿ directly insult his own fans like that. THEY BOTH KNOW WE WANT¿ IT! THEY CAN BOTH DO IT!...am I alone on this?.....(and yes I¿ know its an english socer song thing, and not realy Mozzy's¿ battle cry...for those who have no idea what Im taking about¿ please watch HULMERIST)

Re: A call to Arms. what about a tribute to Morrissey instead of Marr!

I think it would just be a reminder¿ like..."Hey you, singer guy...We spent $50 bucks on the¿ chance Johnny would show up. bring him out"

Then maybe you had better get tickets to the next Oasis gig! If you are so interested in seeing Marr, then look elsewhere. I wouldn't spend 2 cents to see Marr smirk!

> I really think that we ought to organise something...If most of¿ us are going to Coachella, will we just sit and be sad when Moz¿ leaves the stage and johnny has not appeared? Do we wait¿ patiently through beck then to see if Johnny calls upon Moz???¿ I think we ough to come up with a public demand to call for¿ Johnny.¿ All of the He said,they said... @#!!! e aside, Morrissey ANd¿ Johnny Both know by now that it will be expected. They owe it to¿ us. If by the first encore johnny has not been called I think we¿ should all just Rally around and sing "Johnn-y Marr,¿ Johnn-y Marr, johnn-y Marr"¿ to the tune of "MORRISSEy Morrissey" and just¿ absolutely f-ing DEMAND it from him. If he says no and doesnt¿ produce , well.....He's an ass.What kind of performer would¿ directly insult his own fans like that. THEY BOTH KNOW WE WANT¿ IT! THEY CAN BOTH DO IT!...am I alone on this?.....(and yes I¿ know its an english socer song thing, and not realy Mozzy's¿ battle cry...for those who have no idea what Im taking about¿ please watch HULMERIST)

Ok, now I understand, Moz is playing somewhere and Beck is playing with Marr. Vs. Versa.
And you want them to get together< I think they would do it!
I wouldn't chant though, if they are going to play together, it will
already be decided before you even start yelling.
hnia

"IF"and thats a big if.. Johhny does play with Beck at the festival.. I wouldn't mind if they chanted Johnny Marr Johhny marr!Maybe After he played a song with beck.. That way he knows we still love him :) BUt i do think its very rude to chant the name of a guy who isnt even there in front of Morrissey's entire band. Unless... johnny is watching or something?? BUt still.. it would be kinda mean and maybe embarrasing for him wouldnt it??

Re: A call the @#!!!

> I think we¿ should all just Rally around and sing "Johnn-y Marr,¿ Johnn-y Marr, johnn-y Marr"¿ to the tune of "MORRISSEy Morrissey" and just¿ absolutely f-ing DEMAND it from him. If he says no and doesnt¿ produce , well.....He's an ass.
Why don't we just chant "Morrissey you a @#!!!ing @#!!!, get off the stage" to the tune of God Save the Queen?
(excuse my language, i'm just making a point)

> How would he feel???? Mr Gazillion dollars how would he feel?¿ would I hurt his little feelings??? It is not something that¿ would SHOCK him. I think it would just be a reminder¿ like..."Hey you, singer guy...We spent $50 bucks on the¿ chance Johnny would show up. bring him out"

If Morrissey had promised Marr would show up, that would be completely different. The whole thing was suggested by a bunch of people who were doing a bit of wishful thinking, hoping they could sell some magazines, or were interested in generating support for Coachella. Nowhere was any "official" person involved with it.

And yes, it is rude to chant as such. If you piss off Morrissey and he leaves the stage because of it, just remember you are surrounded by 35,000 people and there is just one of you. After hearing about what happens at California shows, those would be the last people I would want to piss off.¿ If noone agrees I can accept that. I just want to see them play¿ together one day...and if noone ASKS for it..why would they do¿ it?

People ask for it everyday.¿ What I do know is, if they ARE both there and they dont play¿ together I will be very depressed and feeling slighted. Their¿ two ego's cant get together for 8 minutes to make a ton of¿ hardcore fans happy?

Why don't you give it up? How many more years are you willing to wait? It's been 12 years (or so) since they split. Toddlers that were jamming pennies in electrical sockets are now in jr high going out on their first dates. Does that make you feel old?

Re: Get Off The Stage

> Why don't we just chant "Morrissey you a @#!!! ing @#!!!¿ , get off the stage" to the tune of God Save the Queen?¿ (excuse my language, i'm just making a point)

Or you could just sing 'Get Off The Stage', the lyrics of which are beginning to sound uncomfortably ironic now (Oh you silly old man, etc.)
By the way, I wonder if this time Moz will dare to sing 'Paint A Vulgar Picture' - or perhaps that should be 'Plug Another Compilation' (Reissue, repackage, Best of, Most of, different sleeves, tacky badge, DVD etc)!

> I CANT BELIEVE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH CRAP.... IF YOU ARE SO¿ BLOODY DESPERATE FOR SMITHS MUSIC, STAY HOME AND LISTEN TO¿ CD'S.....HOW UNBELIEVABLY RUDE TO CHANT JOHNNY AT A MOZ SHOW!¿ SMITHS IS DEAD. MAYBE THEY WILL BE "BROUGHT TO LIFE"¿ SOMEDAY BUT NOT NOW.. THIS IS MORRISSEY'S TOUR!! IF JOHNNY WERE¿ TO APPEAR THAT WOULD BE F*CKING AMAZING, BUT CHANTING????????¿ HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU WERE PERFORMING AND YOUR¿ "SUPPOSED" FANS WERE SCREAMING THE NAME OF ONE OF YOUR¿ BANDMATES FROM A BAND THAT HAS BEEN DECEASED FOR NEARLY 13¿ YEARS?? IF I HEAR YOU CHANTING JOHNNY, I WILL BOF YYOUR QUOFF¿ WITH GLADIOLI!!

oh pleaze.. stop being so rigid on yourself.. play along a little.. one thing i hate most on this board is the sudden attack of other people's messages.. brutalful was only hoping that something like this would happen. but do you really think that it's really going to happen? it would take masses of people to chant loud enough for morrissey to hear. and i know for sure that the majority of people there are not even morrissey fans.. i posted something similar a couple days ago and i got a fat full lecture of how irrational and dumb my post was.. yah.. like it was some big plan that i'm hoping to get people to carry it out with me at the festival... oh gawd..

if we think realistically.. there will possibly be no smiths ever again.. but what the hell? why does it strike other people's nerve just to hear about it? it's wonderful talking about it.. it's wonderful thinking about it.. and it's wonderful just imagining it.. and it is something that will always be talked about.. so what's the problem?

right on!

> And yes, it is rude to chant as such. If you piss off Morrissey¿ and he leaves the stage because of it, just remember you are¿ surrounded by 35,000 people and there is just one of you. After¿ hearing about what happens at California shows, those would be¿ the last people I would want to piss off.

Morrissey is a sensitive man, and his fans are irritable and fractious (as you can see from this site). A bunch of reunion-obsessed maniacs could ruin the whole show. I hope Morrissey or Marr comes out with a strong statement (yes we ARE reuniting, no we AREN'T) before the show, just to stop all these stupid rumours that are obviously driving some people insane.

Re: A call to Arms. what about a tribute to Morrissey instead of Marr!

> Then maybe you had better get tickets to the next Oasis gig! If¿ you are so interested in seeing Marr, then look elsewhere. I¿ wouldn't spend 2 cents to see Marr smirk!

Who cares about smirking? I'd spend 50 bucks to hear him play guitar. But let's remember ... JOHNNY MARR IS NOT GOING TO BE AT COACHELLA.

> yes, i agree with you. but i don`t think the smiths were bigger¿ than either of them, at least not bigger than moz. this site is¿ called morrissey-solo, and this says everything.
The smiths were definately bigger than both of them......but I am not saying that Morrissey's solo career isn't comparable, I just mean that The Smiths were The Smiths not just Morrissey or just Marr or even just a great british band in the 1980's....
I wish i could formulate my thoughts better but that explanation will have to do for now

Back
Top Bottom