A call to Arms..A call to THE BRAVE ONES.

Re: Personal attack VS. Personal attack

> What you posted were personal attacks

Well, you are quite the hypocrite then, Brutalful. It's okay for you to make a 'personal attack' on Morrissey, but if it's turned around on you then you just spin into a defensive tizzy. This all BEGAN when YOU made a personal attack on Morrissey (your 'call to arms'. What are you... a modern day freakin' Joan of Arc?). And don't you think a bunch of 'fans' chanting "John-ny MARR" during Morrissey's set at the festival is a PERSONAL ATTACK? Girl, you can't get MORE personal than that. If you're gonna dish it out, you need to learn to take it, too. That's all I'm saying. You needn't be so hateful. I can't believe you took my OD comment seriously. If I really wished death upon someone, do you really think I'd utter something so ludicrous? C'mon already.

Sure

> Well that is new to me...honstly..Im not being sarcastic. I have¿ neot even considered it possible that anyone would ONLY like¿ Morrissey and not the SMiths. People who are like this...please¿ comment..Im curious.

As you already may know, I'm not one of these people but there ARE people that like "Morrissey" and not the Smiths. Let's face it Brutalful, the Smiths have been gone for a very long time. "Morrissey" has been an independent entity for how many years now? Since the Smiths have passed, how many Morrissey tunes can you think of that are top notch? A whole @#!!!ing lot are. Morrissey has written a LOT of very strong tunes since he abandoned the Smiths' sinking ship. I know that he hasn't had the same impact alone as he had with his old band but times have changed around a very stable Morrissey. I personally don't believe that it's due to a lesser quality of material, generally speaking. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, he has a lot of songs that are good enough to win people over who have no knowledge of the Smiths. I happen to really enjoy songs like "Nobody Loves Us" and "the Operation" (sans the drums intro though) and they're so different from the Smiths' music. I can see how a person who met Morrissey through these songs would prefer their visceral punch over the Smiths' more cerebral tickle. Well, I'm sort of rambling now but the point is, there ARE some people who actually prefer Morrissey solo over the Smiths. Some of them actually like the Smiths but they just prefer our Steven alone with his new mates.¿ As far as him owing me personally, i meant to the people who¿ were not allowed to see the smiths......

Well, I can understand your point but I say: if you missed the Smiths too bad. Buy a video tape and enough drugs to make yourself believe that you're actually there. Not everyone can have their every whim and desire catered to Brutalful. If you're angry about having missed one of the greatest and most important bands in history, cry then get over it (that's not a Brutalful "you", that's a general "you"). I don't think you should begin making ridiculous demands for a reunion or reunion performance justified solely by the fact that they're both in the same place at the same time.¿ you may be¿ irritated...Ive actually gotten a shock this weekend. I have had¿ this conversation before with people in person and all of them¿ have agreed with me...

Well, then perhaps those people just weren't thinking things through before they began to nod. I'm sorry if I seemed aggressive in my other message. It's just that you seemed to have so much conviction when I thought your suggestion was... not good.¿ I was very surprised at all the negative¿ comments...but...Ya learn new things every day I guess.

Well, I don't know what your history is with that Aurora (or whatever his name is) lad but I think it was mainly the attitude and not the context which put people's backs up. Steven is very well defended it seems.

Re: God I hope not...but do make a bootleg just in case

> No, you formulated your thoughts well. The Smiths were bigger.¿ Which is why Morrissey and Marr will never stop hearing about¿ them.

but we talk about morrissey solo too. we`ll only know you are right if ten years after the end of morrissey career nobody talks about morrissey solo but only about smiths - and i really doubt it.

Re: Are there Morrissey fans who DONT like the Smiths?

i like both equally.¿ Well that is new to me...honstly..Im not being sarcastic. I have¿ neot even considered it possible that anyone would ONLY like¿ Morrissey and not the SMiths. People who are like this...please¿ comment..Im curious.¿ As far as him owing me personally, i meant to the people who¿ were not allowed to see the smiths......you may be¿ irritated...Ive actually gotten a shock this weekend. I have had¿ this conversation before with people in person and all of them¿ have agreed with me...I was very surprised at all the negative¿ comments...but...Ya learn new things every day I guess.

Re: Sure

Certainly Morrissey's style of music is very different than that of the Smiths' (well, at least from "Your Arsenal," on), and I can appreciate how people may prefer one type of style to another.

But to really appreciate the whole of "Morrissey," you just can't ignore the Smiths; you wouldn't be getting the complete picure (no pun intended - honestly!). While Morrissey's solo work has been nothing short of wonderful, the Smiths were special - they were more than a band.

Re: Personal attack VS. Personal attack

> Well, you are quite the hypocrite then, Brutalful. It's okay for¿ you to make a 'personal attack' on Morrissey, but if it's turned¿ around on you then you just spin into a defensive tizzy. This¿ all BEGAN when YOU made a personal attack on Morrissey (your¿ 'call to arms'. What are you... a modern day freakin' Joan of¿ Arc?). And don't you think a bunch of 'fans' chanting¿ "John-ny MARR" during Morrissey's set at the festival¿ is a PERSONAL ATTACK? Girl, you can't get MORE personal than¿ that. If you're gonna dish it out, you need to learn to take it,¿ too. That's all I'm saying. You needn't be so hateful. I can't¿ believe you took my OD comment seriously. If I really wished¿ death upon someone, do you really think I'd utter something so¿ ludicrous? C'mon already.

Will you two DROP IT?? So what if she models bras...I'm all for it.

Re: Personal attack VS. Discussion

no kidding, whats up with all of you? george, i think you could actually benifit from some prozac yourself. leave the woman to her own opinion. if you have issues with her, take it up with her in private, she posts her email address. stop being such a whiner.

if you dont like what she is posting, just dont respond.

Re: Sure

> Certainly Morrissey's style of music is very different than that¿ of the Smiths' (well, at least from "Your Arsenal,"¿ on), and I can appreciate how people may prefer one type of¿ style to another.¿ But to really appreciate the whole of "Morrissey," you¿ just can't ignore the Smiths; you wouldn't be getting the¿ complete picure (no pun intended - honestly!). While Morrissey's¿ solo work has been nothing short of wonderful, the Smiths were¿ special - they were more than a band.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Good work, Sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom