Johnny Marr & the Healers on David Letterman tonight!

Johnny Marr & the Healers on Craig Kilborn Feb. 3rd

... just got my VIP tix for the Craig Kilborn show appearance... and later in the evening will see him @ The Troubador in L.A. ... WOOOO-HOOOO

and it gets better: he has an "in-store" CD signing of his new album "Boomslang" at the Sunset Virgin Megastore Feb. 4th... all of these events are within a a few miles of me... damn I'm basically going to be a STALKER for two days... well okay who am I kidding - I'll be a life-long Smiths/Marr/Moz freak ha haha

cheers

Was anyone else less than impressed w/ their performance last night?

Johnny's voice was way off. Out of tune. Off key. Not good. I was kind of disappointed. I'll watch Craigers on the 3rd. Maybe he'll improve by then? *shrug*

Re: Was anyone else less than impressed w/ their performance last night?

I thought it was ok. I thought the volume on his voice mike was a little low. I am going to see him next Tuesday in Chicago, so hopefully he is in better form. Never heard him sing before, so didn't know what to expect. I like the sound, it is not the Smiths, but still good.

I thought he did okay...

... he doesn't have a real strong voice- but it's not bad... I like the bands' overall sound

Re: I thought he did okay...

> ... he doesn't have a real strong voice- but it's not bad... I like the
> bands' overall sound

I agree. The bands' overall sound it quite good, I just found Marr's vocal performance less than stellar. Very weak. I'm sure that will improve over time.
Maybe I'm just bitter that I won't be seeing them in Toronto afterall (saving money for California) and if I convince myself that they're shit, I won't feel so bad. LOL That's probably it.

Well, he DOES rock...

> I agree. The bands' overall sound it quite good, I just found Marr's vocal
> performance less than stellar. Very weak. I'm sure that will improve over
> time.
- we'll see...

> Maybe I'm just bitter that I won't be seeing them in Toronto afterall
> (saving money for California) and if I convince myself that they're shit,
> I won't feel so bad. LOL That's probably it.
- hee hee well THAT sounds more like it !!

> Johnny's voice was way off. Out of tune. Off key. Not good. I was kind of
> disappointed. I'll watch Craigers on the 3rd. Maybe he'll improve by then?
> *shrug*

I completely agree, I said to my boyfriend, 'well now we know why he's a guitarist'. Not to be harsh but I think he should leave the singing up to someone else....liiiikke Morrissey. :p And what was up with his hair? All greasy and matted against his face, that's the kind I usually avoid sitting next to on the metro.

and if I convince myself that they're shit,
> I won't feel so bad. LOL That's probably it.

Let me know if you need any more convincing.

I thought Johnny was fantastic last night..remember TV never projects live as good as it could be. Went to see the show last week in New Jersey and it was beyond phenominal. Definetly surprised me every bit of the way. The band is top and Zak Starkey is just absolutely amazing.

go johnny go!

> and if I convince myself that they're shit,

> Let me know if you need any more convincing.

It won't be hard.... and it will end in tears !!

> Let me know if you need any more convincing.

Don't worry Patrick -- I know I can always count on you for some good Marr bashing.

Back
Top Bottom