Smiths/Morrissey parody/tribute record covers (WDDIM) - any others ?

A

Almodis

I swiped this from a thread on the Mojo messageboard re: parody/tribute record covers in general (AYPK it's The Pines 'Milkbar' EP - but I'd never seen it before). Are there any other well-known ones (of Smiths/Morrissey covers) ? Apart from WDDIM/Milkbar and all the usual suspects ("Meet The Replacements" etc.) the Mojo thread has the Mark and Lard/Radiohead one "Our Kid Eh!" one which is hilarious IMHO.

pines-milkbar.jpg

> I swiped this from a thread on the Mojo messageboard re: parody/tribute
> record covers in general (AYPK it's The Pines 'Milkbar' EP - but I'd never
> seen it before). Are there any other well-known ones (of Smiths/Morrissey
> covers) ? Apart from WDDIM/Milkbar and all the usual suspects ("Meet
> The Replacements" etc.) the Mojo thread has the Mark and
> Lard/Radiohead one "Our Kid Eh!" one which is hilarious IMHO.

You know, I posted a thread about this 7" a while back, beacuse I saw it in the store, and I was wondering what they sounded like? Is there any info on it? The song titles were slightly interesting. But back to your question, I know I have seen others, but I can't think right now......

> You know, I posted a thread about this 7" a while back, beacuse I saw
> it in the store, and I was wondering what they sounded like? Is there any
> info on it?
You mean "Milkbar" rather than "Our Kid Eh!" ? There's a mini-review of it on Tangents ( http://www.tangents.co.uk/tangents/main/2002/nov/listening.html - scroll down until you see the WDDIM cover parody) which prompted me to buy it when I saw it in a record sale. Tangents described it as "Stephin Merritt meets Ben Watt" (of EBTG AYPK and other FLAs too numerous to mention) which I think is quite accurate.

Maybe you've heard Dhana Gould's "Morrissey impression" Clown f***er yet? You can download it here! I don't know where he is from - I suppose he is American? It's quite funny, at least I think so... enjoy

my yahoo group

Back
Top Bottom