from the TOTP2 Website: HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Thread starter Please Vote for Roy's Keen
  • Start date
P

Please Vote for Roy's Keen

Smiths/Morrissey vote Neil Barker - 1061st post - 14 Jan 2003 09:26
Could somebody please explain to me how on earth "How Soon Is Now?" has suddenly shot up from 50-odd votes to 170 votes literally overnight?? This may sound controversial, but I reckon it's been rigged as TOTP2 probably don't want the embarrassment of having an 'unknown' Morrissey song win the vote! Damn, we'll never get to see "Roy's Keen" now!! [reply]

re: Smiths/Morrissey vote Andrew Reid - 146th post - 14 Jan 2003 10:16
This calls for drastic action - send an e-mail to absolutely everyone in your address book, telling them to go to the site and vote for Roy's Keen! [reply]

re: Smiths/Morrissey vote Edward R - HOST - 813th post - 14 Jan 2003 11:37
No, it's not rigged. There are ways that people can rig votes that don't require user registration, but I'm not telling them here.
I can only assume it happened because yesterday we emailed 8 Smiths fansites and told them about the vote and they've all got a desire to see 'How Soon Is Now'.

The vote closes tomorrow - so persuade veryone you know to vote for Roy's Keen if that's what you want. [reply]

re: Smiths/Morrissey vote Neil Barker - 1061st post - 14 Jan 2003 16:11
Oh right, they must all go on the internet in the early hours of the morning then as "Roy's Keen" was still way ahead at around 1.30 am today! [reply]

re: Smiths/Morrissey vote Edward R - HOST - 817th post - 14 Jan 2003 16:30
It only takes one person who knows what they're doing to corrupt the results.
We could make it a secure vote (you have to register) but it's a lot of time and work for something that's not "important", so to speak. [reply]

re: Smiths/Morrissey vote Neil Barker - 1063rd post - 14 Jan 2003 16:31
You must admit though, Ed, that it would be slightly embarrassing for TOTP2 to have to announce that the winner is a little-known Morrissey song! To be honest I'm surprised you put "Roy's Keen" on there in the first place, or did you not realise? Also, what's "Interesting Drug" doing on there as that was never even performed in the studio? Complete waste of time anyone voting for that one! [reply]

re: Smiths/Morrissey vote Andrew Reid - 154th post - 14 Jan 2003 16:41
Also, "The More You Ignore Me..." was shown last May. [reply]

who was rigging the vote for HSIN, managing to register 100+ votes in one go. I haven't seen How Soon Is Now? and would've prefered that to the dire Roy's Keane. However, after being told that Roy's Keen has never been broadcast, I decided to graciously concede

Back
Top Bottom