come on jump on the "im so happy its back up" bandwagon!!

M

MLL

Just out of curiosity how many of you have thanked david before for this site before it went down? or did you just wait till it goes down for a few hour(in this case i guess days) before you realize how pathetic your life is? Think about how much stuff you take for granted maybe you should take the time to open that little thing called e-mail and not just to check it for the latest mailing list post and send " your page is the tops!!!" e-mail to those people who do a helluva job running these things and for the record i have sent a couple of emails over the years saying what a great site it is

Mll

> Just out of curiosity how many of you have thanked david before¿ for this site before it went down? or did you just wait till it¿ goes down for a few hour(in this case i guess days) before you¿ realize how pathetic your life is? Think about how much stuff¿ you take for granted maybe you should take the time to open that¿ little thing called e-mail and not just to check it for the¿ latest mailing list post and send " your page is the¿ tops!!!" e-mail to those people who do a helluva job¿ running these things and for the record i have sent a couple of¿ emails over the years saying what a great site it is¿ Mll

When I first got on this site I thanked David. I have met many wonderful kindered spirits here, made a few friends, and acquired some great music "stuff". I am sure many missed the site, but I am sure most were kept busy otherwise. I missed it and I am glad it's back along with all of us who enjoy being Mozzy. Cheers!

Workaholic....or devoted Moz fan? You be the judge

Dear person who does not think they fit in the "no life" category:

I told David long long time ago in a galaxy far far away he did way too much in maintaining this site when he complained he was feeling a bit exhausted from it, so what does he decide to do? Revamp the format of the page. My jaw dropped when he said he got letters from people complaining about the setup of the site, and probably other embittered nonsense of him not disclosing what cologne Morrissey wears. He offered to let me contribute, but I don't know diddly about the subject we were discussing, but would have otherwise just to do my civic duty.

Personally, he could have a white background with cheesey graphics from print shop and I would be just as happy. Whatever he does is to his own personal satisfaction. Although of the bands I've seen, the only sites updated as well as this are commercially owned sites run by people who get paid by the record company to do that stuff...and even most of those aren't this detailed because they fill it with schmaltzy promotional jargon that they pulled out of their ass.

Re: Workaholic....or devoted Moz fan? Devoted, I say.

> Dear person who does not think they fit in the "no¿ life" category:¿ I told David long long time ago in a galaxy far far away he did¿ way too much in maintaining this site when he complained he was¿ feeling a bit exhausted from it, so what does he decide to do?¿ Revamp the format of the page. My jaw dropped when he said he¿ got letters from people complaining about the setup of the site,¿ and probably other embittered nonsense of him not disclosing¿ what cologne Morrissey wears. He offered to let me contribute,¿ but I don't know diddly about the subject we were discussing,¿ but would have otherwise just to do my civic duty.¿ Personally, he could have a white background with cheesey¿ graphics from print shop and I would be just as happy. Whatever¿ he does is to his own personal satisfaction. Although of the¿ bands I've seen, the only sites updated as well as this are¿ commercially owned sites run by people who get paid by the¿ record company to do that stuff...and even most of those aren't¿ this detailed because they fill it with schmaltzy promotional¿ jargon that they pulled out of their ass.

I'm sure they understand this, Suze. This is one of the better sites out there. I mean, it's either this, or that site with that plays the annoying, repetative MIDI "There is a Light.." whenever you visit. David does a wonderful job running the *stockyards named Morrissey-solo. But, sometimes, such an undertaking doesn't always get the recognition it warrants. When any deed involves pleasing the masses, work [no matter how good it is] sometimes goes unthanked.

Some examples:
Jesus Christ [crucified]
Oscar Wilde [thrown in the slammer, banished]
John F. Kennedy [shot]
Princess Diana Spencer [chased to her death]

You see, there could be worse things to happen to David [granted I didn't give anyone ideas!!]. When you have a position where you are doing something for the people, you will get complaints. It's natural. I believe David likes what he is doing, and in spite of the unhappy visitors, loves Morrissey enough to keep running this. After all, for every Mozfan in the world, there are 20 who don't like Moz. Did that ever stop you or I from loving Steven Patrick? With all the trash-talkers in the world, you, me, and David still remain devoted Morrissey fans.

*P.S. For the Vegans, I was just using "stockyards" as an analogy. I haven't heard [to the best of my knowledge] of this site promoting omnivorism.

Fan with html savvy

it's easy to become reliant upon a site such as this--and it's only really apparent when it goes down. for one, online discussion forums such as these are oft entertaining. i'd like to point out as well, that i'm less inclined to dislike someone if they love morrissey. so silly of me, i realize, but it's true! i would say that david is a very devoted fan with html savvy. it's no small task to create a site as massive as moz-solo, considering it requires weekly/daily/regular updating as well mulitiplies that task. i'm sure after seeing so many shoddy fan sites out there mr. tseng knew he could do better, and for this we are all eternally grateful. i would have to disagree with you if i said i'd be as happy with an unattractive, unappealing site with cheap presentation and layout. i admire david's ability to throw this together as well as he has..keep it up.

Dare You Click?
smile.jpg

Back
Top Bottom