more proof that many eminem fans don't know how to separate fantasy from reality...

M

Mindy

and that his music is an incitation to violence. now, answer me this: other than selling out and turning down morrissey's alleged invitation to produce his album, what has moby ever done to anyone? eminem may not like his music, but to hate moby for calling him a misogynist and a homophobe (two things which he undoubtably is) and to dedicate songs to bashing him is a little low. and now two alleged eminem fans have beat up the diminutive techno king. the guy is a superchristian vegan for god's sake, and he seems like a genuinely nice, well-educated guy. ugh. those damn nem fans probably have a joint IQ of 94.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002571983,00.html

and no, i'm not even a moby fan. i just really hate eminem.

> and that his music is an incitation to violence. now, answer me this:
> other than selling out and turning down morrissey's alleged invitation to
> produce his album, what has moby ever done to anyone? eminem may not like
> his music, but to hate moby for calling him a misogynist and a homophobe
> (two things which he undoubtably is) and to dedicate songs to bashing him
> is a little low. and now two alleged eminem fans have beat up the
> diminutive techno king. the guy is a superchristian vegan for god's sake,
> and he seems like a genuinely nice, well-educated guy. ugh. those damn nem
> fans probably have a joint IQ of 94.

> http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002571983,00.html and no, i'm not
> even a moby fan. i just really hate eminem.

Wait a minute. Eminem's not responsible for what those dudes did!

And Eminem didn't dedicate a song to bashing Moby. It was just a few lines saying Moby's old and techno sucks. Moby started it.

Mindy as bad as it is that moby got beaten up, it's no worse than reading the scum newspaper, in fact reading that is worse it does far more damage than just one person getting their head kicked in.
Remember what they said about Hillsborough & I'm no Scouse lover, I am a football fan though & I wouldn't wipe my arse on that so called newspaper.
It's also racist & right wing propaganda & anti working class as they come.
love
Grim

Re: You got that backward. The combined IQ is more likely 49!!

> the guy is a superchristian vegan for god's sake,

I am a Moby fan.
The world seems to be filled with hate nowadays.

> and that his music is an incitation to violence. now, answer me this:
> other than selling out and turning down morrissey's alleged invitation to
> produce his album, what has moby ever done to anyone? eminem may not like
> his music, but to hate moby for calling him a misogynist and a homophobe
> (two things which he undoubtably is) and to dedicate songs to bashing him
> is a little low. and now two alleged eminem fans have beat up the
> diminutive techno king. the guy is a superchristian vegan for god's sake,

i hate to tell you, but i think that part of the story was cooked up by the Sun to stir up some controversy.

not that CNN is the pillar of news, but i just looked on their website and they said that the assailants and their motives were unknown. there was no mention of Eminem anywhere.

i don't read the sun. i read the daily weird news on rotten.com (which is bad, i know). that was a link on the page and i thought it was funny and disturbing, besides, i take any opportunity to hate on eminem.

My take

The Sun lies
Moby is a pretentious little twit
eminem's quite cool i think.

1) i know that, but his music is still full of hate.

2) it's still sad that he'd waste time singing about how he hates moby. moby did start it, yes, by commenting that eminem was homophobic and misogynistic. both true!

Re: My take

> The Sun lies
> Moby is a pretentious little twit
> eminem's quite cool i think.

yeah i don't own any eminem CDs, but i'm wondering what's stopping me since i've liked the last couple of songs of his on the radio.

Re: more proof that Mindy doesnt know squat

It's evident everytime she opens her mouth and shes not blowing someone or giving one of her world famous rimjobs.

I think you mean............

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrimjob actually.

> 1) i know that, but his music is still full of hate.

What if one of us goes and beats up the Queen! It'll all be Morrissey's fault!

> 2) it's still sad that he'd waste time singing about how he hates moby.

But it's part of the hip hop thing to diss people in the lyrics.

> moby did start it, yes, by commenting that eminem was homophobic and
> misogynistic. both true!

That's debatable!

Re: Still getting things backward!!

eminem's is a pretentious little twit
Moby's quite cool i think.

Some idiot rapper compared the rantings of eminem to the works of William Shakespeare the other day!
Sheesh!!

you're almost right

you see, in order for one to be pretentious, one has to have the teensiest bit of intelligence, which we both know eminem doesn't have.

it sort of brings to mind morrissey's classic ode to the ease with which one can become a popstar: "any fool can think of words that rhyme..."

touché, well almost. morrissey didn't incite violence against the queen, although he did sort of do that with margaret t. however, i think most sensible people would agree that maggie was a horrendous bitch. in any case, i think most morrissey fans (although i may have too much faith in them) are intelligent enough to know that just because morrissey sings a song, they shouldn't hunt down maggie and chop off her head. conversely, many young eminem fans seem to lack guidance (not to mention taste) and are the same kind of people, who in addition to thinking that good charlotte is punk music, would probably set themselves aflame just because johnny knoxville did so on an episode of jackass. i hate to make sweeping generalities, but i seriously bet if you went and asked all the kids who pull stunts like that what music they listen to, eminem would be near the top of the list of most common replies. i don't know what my point is because i just got a little carried away there. in any case, it's all about the audience and the audience's intelligence. eminem's core audience (which is not hipsters who cream themselves over his album because of it's supposed depth and profound despair, but rather 14 to 24 year old white males with chips on their shoulders) seems to lack intelligence, or at least the grasp on reality it takes to use it.

and yeah, it's part of hiphop to diss people in lyrics. that just goes to show was a worthless musical form it is. i only like rap music that is not denigrating. think outkast. think lauren hill and wyclef jean. think even missy elliot and the beastie boys. these people are artists and they don't have to rely on badmouthing other people when they "bust rhymes."

> What if one of us goes and beats up the Queen! It'll all be Morrissey's
> fault!

> But it's part of the hip hop thing to diss people in the lyrics.

> That's debatable!

I thought so, too, but Moby mentions it in his journal at his site. http://www.moby.com/

Rimmer

> i hate to tell you, but i think that part of the story was cooked up by
> the Sun to stir up some controversy.

> not that CNN is the pillar of news, but i just looked on their website and
> they said that the assailants and their motives were unknown. there was no
> mention of Eminem anywhere.

> I thought so, too, but Moby mentions it in his journal at his site.
> http://www.moby.com/ Rimmer

Moby could look like a skin head if he'd wear a bomber jacket and some combat boots, then maybe he'd look more threatening to those Eminem fans (hee hee).

Moby can be a little too preachy and pretentious himself, so I can see why he might annoy people. I'm not a fan of Eminem's but this kind of stuff is as old as rock and roll, and maybe older. People are this way anyway, they just use music as an excuse for their actions, then the artists get the bad 'rap' (ha!). Those people will be neanderthals with or without Eminem, and if it wasn't Eminem to inspire them to be so violent then it would be someone else.

you're on drugs

> I thought so, too, but Moby mentions it in his journal at his site.
> http://www.moby.com/ Rimmer

i clicked on the link you provided and read through his journal. i don't see any mention of eminem. is there another journal i should be reading? all i see is "i don't know why these guys wanted to attack me"....

Re: you're almost right

> you see, in order for one to be pretentious, one has to have the teensiest
> bit of intelligence, which we both know eminem doesn't have.

> it sort of brings to mind morrissey's classic ode to the ease with which
> one can become a popstar: "any fool can think of words that
> rhyme..."

its not rhyme. its rhythm. and progression.

i remember back in the old old days when that song "my name is slim shady" came out. i was thinking he was going to be like Vanilla Ice or Snow and the rest of the bubblegum rappers who put out one album that sold 10 million copies and went away. how many raps do we need about this guy being named Slim Shady? you couldn't help but think of him as being a spoiled brat from a nice neighborhood.

And i have no interest in his arrests or who he is slagging off or whatever. you have to hear bad rapping to hear what better stuff sounds like. Try going to a karaoke bar and see someone off the street try to pull it off and most of the time, they get lost because they can't keep up with the words, so its not that easy to do. And i've pretty much gone my existance without paying a whole lot of attention to him, so i hadn't really formed much of an opinion on his politics or anything. And i don't want to really form one. the thing is, back in the late 80's, some of you may remember the central park jogger incident. basically, these kids were sent to jail for listening to rap music. I remember going with a friend to one of their wednesday night church youth group things and they showed a video about the dangers of rap music and ominously intoned how those kids admitted to listening to it before they nearly killed that woman. and now years later, it turns out that some completely unrelated guy has confessed to it and his DNA matches.

But the new one from the 8 Mile soundtrack probably happens to be my favorite thing on the radio right now. I don't know how else to say it, but he sounds like a man that has come to terms with some of the shit he's been doing in his personal life. I don't envision being one of those people who thinks they are some bad ass driving down the road with their bass rattling the windows of cars 3 people ahead of me, but its weird how that stuff manages to catch you when you're not looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom