another 120miutes email...GOOD a must read!!

• Thread starter boyleastlikelytoo(kakarot)
  • Start date
B

boyleastlikelytoo(kakarot)

Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:59:55 EST
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: feb. 5th
X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 41

As a big Morrissey/ Smiths fan myself, I find it interesting that you don't
think Morrissey is already popular. He's an icon. Unfortunatly, he doesn't
put out a lot of videos anymore (I always thought that he must hate making
them), but when he does, we generally play them, at least once. Where else
would you see them, other than homevideo releases??
We tried very hard last year to convince him to come in & do 120 Minutes. we
even offered to tape a show with him in the comfort of his hotel room. But he
wasn't interested. I think that he doesn't want to be part of the "machine",
if you know what I mean. He probably feels that it's all below him, which it
is.

Not good enough, DAMMIT!!!!!

They need to PLAY THE DAMN VIDEO!!!!!!

> From: [email protected]¿ Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:59:55 EST¿ To: [email protected]¿ Subject: Re: feb. 5th¿ X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 41¿ As a big Morrissey/ Smiths fan myself, I find it interesting¿ that you don't¿ think Morrissey is already popular. He's an icon. Unfortunatly,¿ he doesn't¿ put out a lot of videos anymore (I always thought that he must¿ hate making¿ them), but when he does, we generally play them, at least once.¿ Where else¿ would you see them, other than homevideo releases??¿ We tried very hard last year to convince him to come in & do¿ 120 Minutes. we¿ even offered to tape a show with him in the comfort of his hotel¿ room. But he¿ wasn't interested. I think that he doesn't want to be part of¿ the "machine",¿ if you know what I mean. He probably feels that it's all below¿ him, which it¿ is.

Strange that they wanted to do a whole 2 hour show with him but can't find the time for a 3 minute video more than once or twice a year.

Regardless, it doesn't bother me, personally, that they don't play him much. I already know about him. But it's too bad that many potential fans can't get exposed to him very easily anymore. MTV has to do what they have to do - they're in it for money, of course - but I remember some years ago I used to watch 120 Minutes regularly. I never liked 90% of what they played, but there were usually a few good songs and interviews. Today, I don't know why they even keep the show going. I only watch a couple of the non-music programs on MTv these days (Daria, Celebrity Death Match, and even more embarassingly, Real World/Road Rules).

Back
Top Bottom