re: iraq/no-fly zones

• Thread starter LoafingOaf - The Official Online Stud
  • Start date
L

LoafingOaf - The Official Online Stud

This is a reply to screenname Journalists Who Fly.

> Why do you fail to see that these sanctions were simply imposed and never
> agreed to? Never has any official international body officially backed the
> no-fly zones. And Saddam never said he'd respect them. So, no, the no-fly
> zones have no legal basis. The (economic and other) sanctions do.

I don't give a fine f*** what Saddam respects. Again, you didn't discuss why there are no-fly zones, what they have restuled in for the people living under their shield, and what would happen if they were removed. You can make your argument that they should be lifted if you want, but to not even address the fact that Saddam will re-continue genocide in those areas is shameful.

> Why should I state that? America attacks Iraq for over 10 years thereby
> violating international principles. If Iraq invades Kuwait, you use the
> same principle to condemn it. Speaking of double standards.
> Whether or not Saddam has been doing wrong is immaterial to the point
> proven: the no-fly zones have no legal basis.

America has never attacked IRaq. Iraq is enslaved by a madman and that is who the international community has tried to disarm and contain. If you wanna talk about "illegal," I consider Saddam Hussein's existance illegal. It abhors me that he's even allowed to breath another breath of air on this planet, let alone enslave a whole population of peoples.

> If you're so gung-ho on saving the life of the Iraqi civilians, where's
> your statement against the embargo and sanctions on the country? I mean, I
> can also use this kind of no-argument.

Well, funny boy, I already did make statements on that. I suppose the thread got scattered so it's understandable you missed it. First of all, I'm for regime change, after which there'd be no need for sanctions. The santions haven't been successful. I suppose they were put in place by people not fully realizing just how sick Saddam is, and that Saddam would be perfectly happy to allow Iraqis to die rather than give up his mission to get nukes. I think they also miscalculoated that Saddam would be able to hold on to power. But since the sanctions have been designed and tweaked with a program to allow humanitarian items in, the direct cause of those deaths is Saddam, and the sanctions the indirect cause. Don't see you pointing that out, because I don't see you saying a damn thing against Saddam.

But yeah, I guess you missed it. I'm not for the policy of recent years continuing. I'm a revolutionary for the liberation of the IRaqi people and the death of Saddam Hussein.

> Oh yes - you can go on and on about that. Don't just pretend you know it
> all.

> Bah. Now that's a silly argument. If protecting human lifes is at stake,
> and an issue to the USA, why don't they lift the economic sanctions? Sure,
> the life of the Iraqi matter to you when they come in handy to prove your
> point.

> He invaded Kuwait - which was bad, wrong and whatever you want.

Yeah, you sound so convincing!

>Point is,

POINT IS: Saddam is a brutal, sick, evil fascist dictator running an agressive totalitarian state which has enslaved its own people, torture, lets its own people die in mass, attacked all of its neighbors with huge losses of human life, engages in genocidal activities, supports international terrorism, builds and uses weapons of mass destruction, and is hellbent on going nuclear.

No comment on any of that from you though.

> the Gulf war has not been won nor lost in any official terms - as it still
> continues. The no-fly zones are a part of the continued war against Iraq.

I'm still waiting for you to sound like anything Saddam Hussein does bothers you.

> Lost your pedals again? The no-fly zones are protecting people who are
> completely reduced into misery thanks to the sanctions. Well, speak about
> protection !

Huh? The oil-for-food program is successful in the no-fly zones. You know, where Saddam can't decide to keep humanitarian items from them?

What Saddam does is, he chooses who gets what shares of humanitarian supplies in the oil-for-food program. For example, after the Gulf War, Saddam decided the Shi-ah would get the least of the food rationed under the U.N. embargo. After the oil-for-food, Saddam still made sure there were the hospotal shortages and unrepaired infrastrcuture in the south. He was more interested in putting resources to his own terror regime pruposes, and use a humanitarian crisis he purposely and diectly caused to fool dupes like you into feeling sorry for him. I feel sorry for the people who have suffered under the sanctions, and I think the only optiojn left is to remove the cause and let the IRaqi people have a chance to come up with something better.

> The sanctions already caused more deaths than any of Saddams crimes
> against his own population.

Well, since no one has any facts and figures on that, I'll just assume you're making that up, but yeah, Saddam has been letting lots of his people die under the sanctions, and yeah, it does put some indirect moral responsible for that upon us, all the more reason we must do something else (like, force him to comply once and for all with the demands of 17 UN resolutions NOW, or change that f***ing regime NOW). We should've known he was that evil and just continued on into Bagdad 11 years ago and finished the job then. But much of the world wanted to take a supposedly more peaceful route of containment and disarmament, and I guess hindsight is 20/20.

But again, the sanctions are only an indirect cause of deaths. The sanctions have been designed to allow humanitarian items in. Saddam, the direct cause, made a conscious choice to kill his own people. And part of the reason he does so is to use the people he lets die for propaganda, the propaganda you buy into. We don't really know how many people have died. Saddam's released figures are proven inaccurate, and what people do is they take his figures and make guesstimates of what the real ones are. I think there are lots of people dying there, and lets just go in there, remove the direct cause, and get on with a new future where the Iraqi people can come up with something better for their country.

> I'm not against no-fly zones, laddie. You don't see the point, do you?
> Whatever the good intentions (and evil consequences) of the principle of a
> no-fly zone, it's just that they have no legal basis,

Says YOU. Who else says so? Saddam Hussein. Who else?

>and therefore they
> can be considered a violation of international law.

In your opinion, supported by nothing.

>Certainly so if USA
> and UK planes use the territory for recognition and attacks. Don't twist
> the point, ... or didn't you get it?
> And you have to have a high degree of naivety to claim that those no-fly
> zones effectively protect the civilians. If that were true, Southern and
> Northern Iraq should be close to paradise for the population.
> They aren't, believe me. Absolutely not.

I don't recall saying they created paradises. Stupid comment.

> Easy. Take a book on international law and the principle of sovereignty.
> Read it.

LOLOLOL!! No, dipshit. I asked YOU to prove they're illegal. I'm not gonna do your work for you. I'm convinced they're perfectly just and appropriate.
I don't hear anyone who carries any weight saying otherwise. If I'm wrong, prove me wrong. To you it seems so obvious they're "illegal," I don't know why you completely failed in proving your point. Oh, yeah, I know why: They're NOT illegal!

> Iraq is blamed for invading Kuwait and violating Kuwait's independency and
> sovereignty; but when US planes invade Iraqi airspace, that's suddenly not
> an issue anymore.
> Your own government moreover uses sovereignty in order to push off the
> Kyoto protocolls, or any other universalist ecological principle. So, get
> a clue.

This whole sovereignty issue means squat to me. Saddam has attacked all of his neighbors, and the international community intervened and is requiring that he comply with 16, and now 17 U.N. Resolutions. Since he hasn't done so, your point is not an issue.

> See above and read through some materials first then.

I asked you to prove the no-fly zones are illegal. All you came back with was that I should go read something on my own. LOL. Everything I've read that isn't written by wackos supports my view, so I guess it's back in your court, sonny boy. Try not to sidestep backing up your point this time. As of now all you've proven is that in your mere personal opinion they're "illegal."

> Did it occur to you that K. Annan already said that the UN won't take this
> as a breach, because they never allowed nor endorsed the no-fly zones?

Oh, look at you, so worried that your hero, Saddam, is in trouble.

> I'm hoping you get some sense in that skull of yours.
> I hope Saddam is disarmed, and soon, and I hope we don't need a war to
> achieve that.

And how would you achieve that?

I appreciate that you "hope Saddam is disarmed, and soon."
Glad one of you finally admits that we all know he has illegal weapons programs going on. Lots of people are playin dumb about that......

> No. No-fly zones are not part of any council resolution.

They help to enforce resolutions, though. For example, the southern no-fly zone is backed up by REsolution 949, which prohibits Iraq from reinforcing units in southern Ira to threaten Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. You know, those two countries he wants to invade? So you see, the U.N. has said we want to make sure we can easily spot and strike an Iraqi buildup near Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and this was in response to Saddam invading Kuwait and planning on ivading Saudi Arabia next. So...dumb ass...a perfectly just and LEGAL reaction to Saddam's agressive actions and noncompliance.

>Oh surely, the
> planes were just monitoring the lives of the civilian population or
> monitoring his WMD programme? Why can't satellites and spyplanes do that
> job?

> Now that's a pretty deep thought.

It was a perfectly good point. It's the same thing when judges have to interpret statutes. They ambiguous (often on purpose), or fail to predict every fact scenerio that might arise. So you don't know what the words mean as applied to a given real world situation until that situation comes up and someone deices how what those words mean with respect to those facts.

What is a "material breach"? Hasn't been made clear yet.

> Sure, they can make a new resolution in which they claim that whenever
> Saddam would counterattack during a war situation, that he should be
> attacked. Pretty pointless. You can always make a law to decide upon facts
> that happened before. Which makes it perfectly ad hoc.

Oh yeah, Saddam's just "counterattacking."

> You're just so pathetically selective in deciding which principles to
> uphold, and which to forget.

> If you believe that Saddam's being a dangerous freak allows you to do
> whatever it takes to do away with him, then don't be surprised to learn
> that some people think the same about the US government.

LOL. And there you are, exposed at last as an extremist freak. I didn't realize America was an agressive totalitarian state run by a fascist dictator.

> I'll leave that to your guessing.

My only question to you, since you already proved you don't know shit about whether the no-fly zones are illegal or not, is: After Saddam is dead (and I'm of the mind that'll be soon) who's the next fascist dictator you're gonna go to bat for?

A week in the wonderful world of Islam

This is to whomever.

If you wanna remind yourself just how f***ed up Islamic Fascism is today, check out this article by Salman Rushdie, one of the early victims of this freaky movement in the world.

After going over another week in the world of Islamic fanaticism, Rushdie very correctly asks:

====
Where, after all, is the Muslim outrage at these events? As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?
====

Yup, their silence is deafening.

Read about it hear:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/27/opinion/27RUSH.html

NO MORE FANATICISM AS USUAL

Re: A week in the wonderful world of Islam

Islam is not a fundamentally bad religion. read the Charan (or however the hell you spell it). But it has been hijacked by some bad people.

Also, I read your first post and it was pretty interesting, you make some good points I have to admit. BUT it does worry me that you (and indeed all the other people who argue) have the time to write long replies like this. You all need to get out more.

It's spelt Qur'an, David

I think you'll find it has little to do with religion and a fair ammount to do with oil.

> Read about it hear

Eek...i did NOT mix up hear and here, did I. Shit. I gotta stop typing these so fast.....

> Islam is not a fundamentally bad religion. read the Charan (or however the
> hell you spell it). But it has been hijacked by some bad people.

I've never read the Koran. I've seen some parts quoted that seem kinda f***ed up. I just don't like religion at all. I wish they'd all fade away.

> Also, I read your first post and it was pretty interesting, you make some
> good points I have to admit. BUT it does worry me that you (and indeed all
> the other people who argue) have the time to write long replies like this.
> You all need to get out more.

Well, when you wake up early in the morning it's sometimes good to get the juices flowing for the day by posting some big reply.

Who would pay for Iraqi War? (In range from 100 billion to 200 billion) We, taxpayers, of course!

Folks, I promised not to argue with Oaf. When Oaf run out of his arguments and intellectual abilities, he decided to attack my personality. As if one's opinions are supposed to be carved in stone and could not change under influence of time and the real world. As if it is prohibited to use different nicknames, if ones wish... But whatever. As I promised, I do not want to argue with Oaf anymore. I just want to cut and paste an article from Washington Post newspaper, which answers the questions: how much this war would cost $$$-wise and who would pay for it. It is especially poignant subject now, during our "mild" recession, when quite a few software professionals are underemployed and unemployed... So, let's not waste time on semi-literate arguing back and forth with Oaf, let's read the article below by Michael Dobbs, Washington Post:

U.S. facing bigger bill for Iraq war

Total cost could run $200 billion, with little help from allies

By Michael Dobbs
THE WASHINGTON POST

WASHINGTON, Dec. 1 — Within a month of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in August 1990, the first Bush administration launched what became known as “Operation Tin Cup” — a frenzied round of diplomacy aimed at getting U.S. allies to help pay for war with Iraq. As a result, the bill to American taxpayers for the Persian Gulf War was about $7 billion, a fraction of its cost.

ALTHOUGH IT is difficult to predict how much Americans would pay for a new war with Iraq, one fact seems indisputable: It will be many times more than the cost of the last war, if only because other countries are much more reluctant to share the burden.

Informal estimates by congressional staff and Washington think tanks of the costs of an invasion of Iraq and a postwar occupation of the country have been in the range of $100 billion to $200 billion. If the fighting is protracted, and Iraqi President Saddam Hussein blows up his country’s oil fields, most economists believe the indirect costs of the war could be much greater, reverberating through the U.S. economy for many years.

The 1991 Gulf War led to a brief spike in oil prices and a fall in consumer confidence that helped tip the country into a recession that cost President George H.W. Bush his chances of reelection. Despite the high economic and political stakes, there has been no equivalent of Operation Tin Cup this time around, and the current administration has refused to engage in public debate about the likely costs of a new war.

“If we can plan a war, we should also be planning a way to pay for the war,” said Rep. John M. Spratt Jr. (S.C.), the ranking Democrat on the House Budget Committee. “Last time, we were able to slough the costs off on other countries. This time, we will have to absorb most of these costs ourselves. Someone ought to be asking questions about the impact on the budget.”

WHITE HOUSE: NO DECISION YET

A White House official, speaking on condition of not being identified, said it would be premature to talk about the costs of a war with Iraq because President Bush has not decided on the use of military force. He added that unofficial estimates of the cost of war had to be weighed against the “potentially incalculable” political, diplomatic and economic costs of permitting Hussein to develop and spread weapons of mass destruction.

Using different methodologies, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office and staff for the Democrat minority on the House Budget Committee have concluded that a short, decisive war involving the deployment of 250,000 U.S. troops could cost between $44 billion and $60 billion. This is significantly less than the cost of the 1991 war, which came to nearly $80 billion in 2002 dollars, reflecting the fewer numbers of troops involved. A protracted war, by contrast, could cost upward of $100 billion.

The direct military costs of a new war will likely be less than in 1991 under most scenarios, but the postwar occupation costs will be considerably greater, most experts believe.

In Kuwait, most U.S. troops were able to pack up and go home in a few weeks. In Iraq, a large international military presence will be required for many years to provide security for a post-Hussein government and avert a civil war between ethnic factions, which include Kurds in the north, Sunnis in the center and Shiites in the south.

“It’s a no-brainer that this is going to cost us more than the last time,” said Michael O’Hanlon, a military economist at the Brookings Institution. “In addition to the nominal price tag for the operation, you will need a large stabilization force in there for a number of years. Anything else will not be strategically viable.”

Extrapolating from similar peacekeeping operations in Bosnia and Kosovo, O’Hanlon estimates that the United States is likely to initially spend between $15 billion and $20 billion a year for its share of a multinational stabilization force for Iraq. Depending on how long the stabilization force remains in Iraq, the cost to the American taxpayer could be between $50 billion and $100 billion. His calculations are based on an assumption that U.S. allies will pick up two-thirds of the cost of the stabilization force.

Adding the costs of a stabilization force to the costs of an invasion brings the total to between $100 billion and $200 billion. This is in line with an upper-bracket estimate by White House economics adviser Lawrence B. Lindsey in an interview with the Wall Street Journal in September. The White House subsequently distanced the administration from Lindsey’s comments, saying they were not based on any official study.

If the war costs between $100 billion and $200 billion, it would still be relatively inexpensive in historical terms. Because of the growth in the U.S. economy, wars are getting cheaper, at least to the American consumer. In a $10 trillion economy, the cost of a second Gulf War would be between 1 percent and 2 percent of the nation’s annual gross domestic product, compared with 12 percent for the Vietnam War, 15 percent for the Korean War and 130 percent for World War II.

Measured against a federal budget of about $2 trillion a year, the cost of the war would be proportionately larger: between 5 percent and 10 percent.

“You have to ask yourself where would that money come from,” said Spratt, who represents the pay-as-you-go philosophy in Congress. “While the costs of the war are clearly not beyond our means, they are beyond our budget. Remember, this all comes at a time when we are losing control over the budget.”

In 1991, U.S. taxpayers paid about 12 percent of the military costs of the Gulf War, with the remainder of the burden being shared among such countries as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Germany and Japan. This time around, none of these countries is expected to contribute significantly.

Iraq could be expected to assume major responsibility for the long-term costs of its economic reconstruction out of increased oil revenue. But the country has been devastated by two decades of war and economic sanctions, and cannot pay for a U.S.-led invasion and military occupation.

The generosity of the allies was “exhausted” by the first attack on Iraq, said Chas Freeman, a former U.S. ambassador to Riyadh who helped raise $16.8 billion from the Saudis to pay for Desert Storm.
The direct military costs of a new war will likely be less than in 1991 under most scenarios, but the postwar occupation costs will be considerably greater, most experts believe.

He added that the Saudi government would find it politically impossible to pick up a substantial portion of the costs of a new Gulf War even if it had the money, because the Saudi public is “now 100 percent against an attack on Iraq.”

Freeman says the U.S. government grossly underestimated the costs of the 1991 war by excluding various services provided free by the Saudis. These included the costs of housing and repatriating Kuwaiti refugees, the provision of free fuel, transport and lodging to coalition forces, and a major environmental cleanup. In a future conflict, many of these costs will be borne directly by the United States.

The most uncertain cost of the war, economists agree, is the impact on the broader U.S. economy. Such costs are difficult to quantify. William Nordhaus, a professor of economics at Yale University, estimates the indirect cost of the 1991 conflict with Iraq at about $500 billion, many times larger than the official military price tag. Depending on what happens in a future conflict, the macroeconomic impact of the war could be between zero and $1 trillion, according to his estimates.

“I was surprised to discover that the nonmilitary costs are likely to be much larger than the military costs,” he said.

A recent conference by the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies considered three scenarios for a war with Iraq. The benign scenario, the probability of which was estimated at 40 percent to 60 percent, envisaged a decisive victory for allied forces in four to six weeks and no disruption in oil supplies. Under this scenario, oil prices would likely come down in the aftermath of the war, boosting the U.S. economy.

A worst-case scenario (5 percent to 10 percent probability) envisaged fighting for three to six months, massive political unrest in the Middle East, terrorist attacks against the United States and large-scale damage to Iraqi oil facilities.

An intermediate scenario (30 percent to 40 percent probability) included limited damage to oil facilities, major urban warfare and fighting for up to three months. The intermediate and worst-case scenarios would have “serious adverse effects” on the U.S. economy, according to Laurence H. Meyer, a former Federal Reserve Bank governor now with the Center for Strategic and International Studies. The worst-case scenario would likely lead to a global recession.

Nordhaus said U.S. wars have almost always gone over budget. The Civil War was 13 times more expensive than the worst-case forecast of Abraham Lincoln’s treasury secretary. Similarly, in early 1966, the Pentagon underestimated the likely cost of the Vietnam War by about 90 percent.

© 2002 The Washington Post Company

> Islam is not a fundamentally bad religion.

Islam isn't fundamentally anything other than a religion.

> But it has been hijacked by some bad people.

You now seem to be arguing that it's a fundamentally *good* religion, or at least a benign one. It isn't. All of the major religions are monotheistic -- except Judaism, which may explain persecution of the Jews down the years -- they have sets of rules telling their followers how to live and condemning anyone who fails to subscribe to whichever worldview they happen to be pushing.
For a good example of this in the Quran, see: http://www.answering-islam.org/Nehls/Ask/war.html

Re: Who would pay for Iraqi War? (In range from 100 billion to 200 billion) We, taxpayers, of course

> Folks, I promised not to argue with Oaf. When Oaf run out of his arguments
> and intellectual abilities, he decided to attack my personality. As if
> one's opinions are supposed to be carved in stone and could not change
> under influence of time and the real world.

LOL, you stupid bitch. One month you were a jew for Israel, the next you were a white, Christian anti-semite. That's just one example....

>As if it is prohibited to use
> different nicknames, if ones wish...

I don't care if you're a phoney, but since you are one, don't start crying when someone points it out.

>But whatever. As I promised, I do not
> want to argue with Oaf anymore. I just want to cut and paste an article
> from Washington Post newspaper, which answers the questions: how much this
> war would cost $$$-wise and who would pay for it. It is especially
> poignant subject now, during our "mild" recession, when quite a
> few software professionals are underemployed and unemployed...

The people appear to support paying for it. DEMOCRACY!!

>So, let's
> not waste time on semi-literate arguing back and forth with Oaf, let's
> read the article below by Michael Dobbs, Washington Post:

I'm less interested in Mr. Dobbs' speculations than I am in whether a war is just and necessary. But anyway, I read your article and I have no problem spending billions and billions to change the course of the Middle East and save, in the long run, millions of people. But I do hope half-assed allies like Canada would quit mooching off America (enjoying security thanks to the U.S. taxpayer, so they can strip their defense budget to next to nothing) and start putting real money towards the fight for freedom in this world.

I had enough of your shit, Mister Cleveland!

> LOL, you stupid bitch. One month you were a jew for Israel,

"jew for Israel"? Are you talking about YOURSELF here? Fine with me.
All nations and ethnicities are equal under the son, including the Hebrew one of Albert Einstein and Karl Marx.

> the next you were a white, Christian anti-semite. That's just one example....

I apologized at least three times for my statement that I'm a "white and Christian". Again, what I wanted to say that I'm neither Arab nor Israeli. That's it. To declare my neutrality, to assure peoples that my opinions are only my opinions and I'm not pretending to represent anybody or anything except myself.

If you trying to paint me in the colours of some Holocaust-denying anti-Semite like Frenchmen Dr Faurrison or British Revisionist "historian" David Irving or self-hating Jew Zirinovski (the Jewish-born leader of Russian extreme nationalists), I 'm neither, moreover I despice anti-Semites myself. Just look at my other writing. Well, I don't respect you, don't care about you, yet your labeling me an antisemite was taking this supposedly entertaining discussion a little bit too far. I called you a Zionist, but did I ever called you something abusive your Jewish ethnicity-wise. Even if you (subconsciously?) would like to provoke me saying something nasty, I would not, as a matter of principle as an Internationalist!

You asked a little bit more about me... I was born in Catholic white family at San Bernardino, California with mixed half-Ukrainian-Canadian, quarter-Mexican and quarter-German-Jewish blood. Not that I would tell my ethnicity out of vanity, but since you, my lawyer friend, want to know so badly? But again, you are jumping to conclusions, out of sheer frustration. You know that I'm your intellectual superior. Not necessarily because I'm smarter then you, but because I had way more eventual life then you (don't ask me more, I would not tell you, you don't believe me anyway) and I'm looking forward, not backward in my political and historic thinking.

> I don't care if you're a phoney, but since you are one, don't start crying
> when someone points it out.
You do care about me. Judging by your emotional replies.

> The people appear to support paying for it. DEMOCRACY!!

I wonder who wants to pay for it? No one. Bush Jr is hoping that our allies, including Saudis and Europeans, would share this expensive bill. But allies are collectively saying: "No way". BTW, I wonder how lawyers were doing during the great recession of 1929-1933? :) Oh, I forgot, you are a good lawyer... helping mentally ill. Well, if this is the case, Oaf, you better help yourself first... Your world vision is blurred in atavistic American chauvinism, arrogance of an armchair warrior and naked Old Timer "shtettle nationalism". That's why you messages are provoking so many negative emotions, including anti-american, in so many peoples, especially abroad.

> I'm less interested in Mr. Dobbs' speculations than I am in whether a war
> is just and necessary. But anyway, I read your article and I have no
> problem spending billions and billions to change the course of the Middle
> East and save, in the long run, millions of people. But I do hope
> half-assed allies like Canada would quit mooching off America (enjoying
> security thanks to the U.S. taxpayer, so they can strip their defense
> budget to next to nothing) and start putting real money towards the fight
> for freedom in this world.

Again, you are having no problem spending Uncle Sam money, but please speak for yourself only. To cut your downstream of hypocrisy, I'm asking you to write a check, equal of say, 10% of your annual income to Pentagon. Then your deeds would be in the same place your big mouth is.

With love and Sholom
Robbie

cleveland rocks

> "jew for Israel"? Are you talking about YOURSELF here? Fine with
> me.

Yeah, sure, play dumb there...um...FoxInTheSnow. Am I gonna have to cut and paste from your previous internet incarnations? Or can I now assume you're being yourself from here on?

> All nations and ethnicities are equal under the son, including the Hebrew
> one of Albert Einstein and Karl Marx.

> I apologized at least three times for my statement that I'm a "white
> and Christian". Again, what I wanted to say that I'm neither Arab nor
> Israeli. That's it. To declare my neutrality, to assure peoples that my
> opinions are only my opinions and I'm not pretending to represent anybody
> or anything except myself.

Yeah, you'd never pretend!

> If you trying to paint me in the colours of some Holocaust-denying
> anti-Semite like Frenchmen Dr Faurrison or British Revisionist
> "historian" David Irving or self-hating Jew Zirinovski (the
> Jewish-born leader of Russian extreme nationalists), I 'm neither,
> moreover I despice anti-Semites myself. Just look at my other writing.

I've looked at your other shit. Obviously, since 9 out of 10 of your messages are addressed to ME. You're quite the flip-flopper. Over the summer you weren't just pro-Israel, you said stuff like: The Palestinians already have a state: Jordan. But...whatever!

> Well, I don't respect you, don't care about you, yet your labeling me an
> antisemite was taking this supposedly entertaining discussion a little bit
> too far. I called you a Zionist, but did I ever called you something
> abusive your Jewish ethnicity-wise. Even if you (subconsciously?) would
> like to provoke me saying something nasty, I would not, as a matter of
> principle as an Internationalist!

I'm assuming you're joking.

Oh, and I'm not jewish. I'm American.

> You asked a little bit more about me... I was born in Catholic white
> family at San Bernardino, California with mixed half-Ukrainian-Canadian,
> quarter-Mexican and quarter-German-Jewish blood. Not that I would tell my
> ethnicity out of vanity, but since you, my lawyer friend, want to know so
> badly? But again, you are jumping to conclusions, out of sheer
> frustration. You know that I'm your intellectual superior. Not necessarily
> because I'm smarter then you, but because I had way more eventual life
> then you (don't ask me more, I would not tell you, you don't believe me
> anyway)

Your place of birth keeps shifting too! hahaha

>and I'm looking forward, not backward in my political and historic
> thinking.
> You do care about me. Judging by your emotional replies.

I know you feel special that I reply to you.

> I wonder who wants to pay for it? No one. Bush Jr is hoping that our
> allies, including Saudis and Europeans, would share this expensive bill.
> But allies are collectively saying: "No way".

That's not what they're saying, that's what YOU are hoping they'll say. But nothing ever stopped you from making shit up off the top of your head.

>BTW, I wonder how
> lawyers were doing during the great recession of 1929-1933? :)

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean, man.

Anyway, the legal profession is recession proof. :p

>Oh, I
> forgot, you are a good lawyer... helping mentally ill.

There are lots of good lawyers. I recommend law school to anyone.
It was, I believe, Ralph Nader who once said that seeking justice is
the greatest work of humans on earth. Yeah, it was Ralph, I remember
because I included that quote with all the bullshit I threw in my
admission application's "personal statement."

>Well, if this is
> the case, Oaf, you better help yourself first... Your world vision is
> blurred in atavistic American chauvinism, arrogance of an armchair warrior
> and naked Old Timer "shtettle nationalism". That's why you
> messages are provoking so many negative emotions, including anti-american,
> in so many peoples, especially abroad.

Oh dear....

> Again, you are having no problem spending Uncle Sam money, but please
> speak for yourself only. To cut your downstream of hypocrisy, I'm asking
> you to write a check, equal of say, 10% of your annual income to Pentagon.
> Then your deeds would be in the same place your big mouth is.

f*** that, I'll pay my fair share and you can pay yours. I don't see
you refusing to enjoy all the benefits you enjoy here.

Anyway, I have exams starting next week, and I must go now to study
the ins and outs of the tax code. (Hmm - maybe I won't have to pay my fair share after all!)

> With love and Sholom
> Robbie

Eh...

Re: Who would pay for Iraqi War? (In range from 100 billion to 200 billion) We, taxpayers, of course

> As if it is prohibited to use different nicknames, if ones wish...

Not prohibited, but certainly inadvisable if you wish to appear sincere.

To Cleveland oafs...

> Yeah, sure, play dumb there...um...FoxInTheSnow. Am I gonna have to cut
> and paste from your previous internet incarnations? Or can I now assume
> you're being yourself from here on?

I am myself and always was! :) Again, since now for you I'm always Robbie Evans...

> Yeah, you'd never pretend!

We all are pretending... Life is a Theater and Peoples Are Actors, as William Sheakspire used to say... Come on, Oaf, I entertained you, o ungrateful, summer and winter long, with my messages, and instead of thanking me, you are calling me "bitch" and "antisemite".

> Oh, and I'm not jewish. I'm American.

1.) If you are being Jewish by birth yet denying your Jewishness by ridiculous excuse of being "an American", YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS A SELF-HATING JEW.
Eminem, Spike Lee, Al Pacino and Billy Cristal are all Americans, yet it is obvious that their ethnicities are:... White, Black, Italian, Hebrew etc... :)
Not that I care a single bit, yet you are accusing me in lies and deceptions, yet you are lying and decepting here... Be Jewish and Proud, make me look like a moral dwarf by declaring your true ethnicity,... even if you are an atheist!
Then you have a right to call me down from up of your high moral well-bred ARABIAN horse (sorry for a lame joke!)... whatever and whomever you wish...

OR

2.) If you are NOT JEWISH, you have no right to give me an antisemitic label, therefore you ought to apologize to me publicly...

> I've looked at your other shit. Obviously, since 9 out of 10 of your
> messages are addressed to ME. You're quite the flip-flopper. Over the
> summer you weren't just pro-Israel, you said stuff like: The Palestinians
> already have a state: Jordan. But...whatever!

I'm using you as a guinea pig for my own amusement, cause you are such a unique speciman of an American ruling class... Now, back to your ratcage, bitch!

> Your place of birth keeps shifting too! hahaha

Oaf, I give you a priviliege to choose yourself my place of birth:

1.) Sankt-Petersburg, Russia
2.) Brazilia, Brazil
3.) Lima, Peru
4.) Ranch Santa Fe, California
5.) Kinshasa, Zaire
6.) Space Unknown, Outer Galaxy of Aarks...

Come on, mystery is fun, mystery is good for stimulating your stale imagination...

> Anyway, the legal profession is recession proof. :)
Really? :)

> There are lots of good lawyers.
Yeah, A LOTS OF THEM.... :) TOO MANY!

> It was, I believe, Ralph Nader who once said that seeking justice is
> the greatest work of humans on earth. Yeah, it was Ralph, I remember
> because I included that quote with all the bullshit I threw in my
> admission application's "personal statement."
f***ing Ralph Nader, the guy who spoiled it all for Democrats... Arrr...

> Oh dear....
Unf*** you, Oaf!!!

> f*** that, I'll pay my fair share and you can pay yours. I don't see
> you refusing to enjoy all the benefits you enjoy here.

Unf*** that! :) I would not pay my fair or unfair share, I will hire a smart-pants Jewish lawyer like you who would exempt me from taxes... :)

> Anyway, I have exams starting next week, and I must go now to study
> the ins and outs of the tax code. (Hmm - maybe I won't have to pay my fair
> share after all!)

Tax code? Hmm, maybe I have to hire YOU to help me not to pay my fair share... As all lawyers, you would be too glad to work for me for good bucks... Honest lawyer is the same rarity as Jewish bartender at Boston or Irish Dentist at Brooklyn, New York... :)

> Eh...
What's a matter, Oaf, do you want to go to toilet?

Generally, unf*** you, Oaf... I don't love your kosher salami and never will...

Yours,
Robbie Evans

Excellent article from New Zealand Herald newspaper (December 6, 2002) about Bush double standards.

Look at Israel's nukes too says Goff.

By SIMON COLLINS
New Zealand Foreign Minister Phil Goff says the credibility of the world's hardline position in Iraq is undermined by continued development of nuclear weapons in Israel.

He also questioned the intelligence of the United States Defence Department, saying there was more intelligence on one floor of the State Department in Washington than in the entire office of the Secretary of Defence.

He told a dinner organised by the New Zealand Asia Institute at Auckland University last night that New Zealand would support military action in Iraq only "as a very last resort".

He was asked what role New Zealand could play to reduce the threat of nuclear weapons not just in the "Axis of Evil" countries of Iraq and North Korea, but also in South Africa and Israel.

He replied that South Africa was no longer a problem since it had stopped its nuclear weapons programme when apartheid ended in the early 1990s.

But he said: "Israel most certainly is a problem for all of us. As long as America is saying we want to deal to Iraq because it has weapons of mass destruction and it's not observing United Nations resolutions, a lot of eyes around the world say doesn't that apply also to Israel, why are you only looking to Iraq?

"New Zealand's position on both is not to adopt a me-too position to any other country."

He said the United Nations would be ineffective if its resolutions were not backed up by the threat of force.

"But in Iraq's case I see huge problems if a military strike is launched," he said.

"It will not be another fight in the desert. It will be like the Battle of Stalingrad, it will be fought block by block, neighbourhood by neighbourhood, with enormous casualties both for the invading forces and for civilian populations."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Zealand Herald newspaper (December 6, 2002)

Is Loafing Oaf a sharp boy? :)

> Not prohibited, but certainly inadvisable if you wish to appear sincere.
"theboysharp"? I bet in your driver license you have something different under last, first name paragraph... Come on, we BOTH are playing the same game of Internet flaming, for fun and only for fun!...

Especially, if I'm highly suspicious, that "theboysharp" and Loafing Oaf is the same personality!!!

Re: Is Loafing Oaf a sharp boy? :)

> "theboysharp"? I bet in your driver license you have something
> different under last, first name paragraph... Come on, we BOTH are playing
> the same game of Internet flaming, for fun and only for fun!...

> Especially, if I'm highly suspicious, that "theboysharp" and
> Loafing Oaf is the same personality!!!

Sorry, wrong again, Robert Evans.

Re: Excellent article from New Zealand Herald newspaper (December 6, 2002) about Bush double standar

> 29.11.2002
> By SIMON COLLINS
> New Zealand Foreign Minister Phil Goff says the credibility of the world's
> hardline position in Iraq is undermined by continued development of
> nuclear weapons in Israel.

Oh, bullshit. Israel has those for DEFENSIVE purpose, as they are surrounded by nations and fanatics who want to push them into the ocean. This idea that Iraq and Israel are equivalant is really f***ing sick. I don't like everything Israel does either, but give me a break. Why do they pick out Israel every time, when there are so many countries in the world? Well, I know the answer to that....

> He also questioned the intelligence of the United States Defence
> Department, saying there was more intelligence on one floor of the State
> Department in Washington than in the entire office of the Secretary of
> Defence.

Yeah, whatever, I fart on all their Koala bears, so there. Wait, do they have Koala bears in NZ?? Hmm. Whatever the case, this dude should ease up on the kiwi martinis before he makes speehes.

> He told a dinner organised by the New Zealand Asia Institute at Auckland
> University last night that New Zealand would support military action in
> Iraq only "as a very last resort".

That's America's policy, too.

> He was asked what role New Zealand could play to reduce the threat of
> nuclear weapons not just in the "Axis of Evil" countries of Iraq
> and North Korea, but also in South Africa and Israel.

> He replied that South Africa was no longer a problem since it had stopped
> its nuclear weapons programme when apartheid ended in the early 1990s.

> But he said: "Israel most certainly is a problem for all of us.

Yeah, those damn jews! Hmm. Again, there are lots of countries, but the only one he gets excited about condemning is the one that happens to be Jewish......

>As
> long as America is saying we want to deal to Iraq because it has weapons
> of mass destruction and it's not observing United Nations resolutions, a
> lot of eyes around the world say doesn't that apply also to Israel, why
> are you only looking to Iraq?

I agree, U.N. resolutions should be enforced as a general rule. And a good start is IRAQ.

> "New Zealand's position on both is not to adopt a me-too position to
> any other country."

Yeah, see, this dude just doesn't wanna be called a poodle to America, so let him score some points at home with his speeches. We'll see what his real position is when the moment of truth comes.

Incidentally, I came across a defense for Tony Blair, by Chris Hichens, against those who keep calling Blair a "poodle" to America:

====
But I think it is inaccurate and unfair of the opponents of regime change in Iraq to refer to the Prime Minister as "Bush's poodle".

This glib expression has become a substitute for thought, among people who were never conspicuous for originality in the first place.

It overlooks the fact Mr Blair pushed a wavering Clinton into taking action in Kosovo, and that he also decided to act on his own to prevent another Rwanda-type bloodbath in Sierra Leone.
====

Excellently put!

> He said the United Nations would be ineffective if its resolutions were
> not backed up by the threat of force.

See, despite his strange fixation on Israel, he supports enforcing the resolutions after all. So...I think he's just trying to assert NZ a bit as a country that won't, as he says, automatically "me too" America. I can understand that. Although I really don't know anything about that guy. I wonder what I'd find if I google around.....

Ahhh! OK, this dude ain't so bad. Here's what I found:

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/ViewDocument.cfm?DocumentID=15004
=====
The British assessment of Iraq’s capacity to produce and deliver weapons of mass destruction makes a strong case for the immediate and unconditional return of weapons inspection teams to Iraq, says Foreign Minister, Phil Goff.

“The British assessment is based in part on its access to intelligence reports.

“In the absence of the ability to release such reports, the assessment cannot make a definitive case.

“However, against the background of Iraq’s past possession and use of chemical and biological weapons, it is a fair assumption that it has both the capacity and access to materials to have again produced such weapons.

“There are also strong grounds to suspect that while Iraq does not have the materials to produce nuclear weapons, it has the ambition and has taken steps towards trying to acquire nuclear capacity.

“There are clear resolutions passed by the United Nations banning Iraq’s possession of weapons of mass destruction and requiring it to submit to inspections for such weapons.

“Past resolutions have not been complied with. A strong Security Council resolution demanding immediate and unconditional compliance with past resolutions is now needed.

“It should be made clear that further non-compliance will result in a resolution which allows all necessary means to enforce these requirements on Iraq.

“Ultimately, if all else fails the proportionate use of force must be considered.

“Our position has always been that this must be UN mandated, not unilateral.

“The information presented by Britain makes out a strong case for weapons inspection teams to be readmitted to Iraq, immediately and without conditions.

“The case has not yet been made out that Iraq poses such an imminent threat that justifies an immediate military invasion with all the costs and implications incurred by such an action,” Mr Goff said.
=====

You really think this guy's gonna lead your anti-war marches????
Noncompliance = military intervention, according to Mr. Goff.

> "But in Iraq's case I see huge problems if a military strike is
> launched," he said.

> "It will not be another fight in the desert. It will be like the
> Battle of Stalingrad, it will be fought block by block, neighbourhood by
> neighbourhood, with enormous casualties both for the invading forces and
> for civilian populations."

Oh really? I doubt that. We'll take Iraq's sky with no resistance on Day One. We'll also get no resistance from his conscripts. Last time they were surrendering to the MEDIA. LOL. And however many of his most loyal troops decide to fight - due to knowing they're too caught up in the evil of Saddam to have a good place in liberated IRaq - I doubt they can stand up to a real adversary. They've fought little teenagers drafted in Iran. They've fought defenseless Kurdish women and children. Ohhh, big men!

The only things I'd worry about are (1) Saddam doesn't care about his people, and probably knows most of them hate him, so he might be all too willing to try and put them in maximum harm's way, knowing that America is claiming to be their liberator. And, (2) he might do something nutty with his weapons of mass destruction.

Every time America is gonna take military action people start trying to scare the world with doomsday predictions. I heard 'em all before the Gulf War, before Kosovo, before Aghanistan, and the one thing I'm sure about is those people are provedn to now know much, yet funnily enough they're saying the same things again. Donald Rumsfeld said, "I don't know if it'll take 5 days or 5 months, but this certainly won't be WW3." His predictions were right in the past, so I think they'll be right this time.

But yeah, military action is scary. Always got unpredictability. Doesn't mean we should be yellow-bellied pussies. And um...I guess I should give you a chuckle and mention that I actually AM sitting in an armchair right now. It's usually my dog's chair, but she generously chose the floor tonight.....

I really have no problem with Mr. Goff being a worry-wart, though. It's good to have people saying shit like that, to make sure the White House isn't reckless. I only object to his Israel being equivalent to Iraq thing.

Re: To Cleveland oafs...

> I am myself and always was! :) Again, since now for you I'm always Robbie
> Evans...

> We all are pretending... Life is a Theater and Peoples Are Actors, as
> William Sheakspire used to say... Come on, Oaf, I entertained you, o
> ungrateful, summer and winter long, with my messages, and instead of
> thanking me, you are calling me "bitch" and
> "antisemite".

You call me plenty, man. At least what I call you has some basis.

> 1.) If you are being Jewish by birth yet denying your Jewishness by
> ridiculous excuse of being "an American", YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS
> A SELF-HATING JEW.
> Eminem, Spike Lee, Al Pacino and Billy Cristal are all Americans, yet it
> is obvious that their ethnicities are:... White, Black, Italian, Hebrew
> etc... :)
> Not that I care a single bit, yet you are accusing me in lies and
> deceptions, yet you are lying and decepting here... Be Jewish and Proud,
> make me look like a moral dwarf by declaring your true ethnicity,... even
> if you are an atheist!
> Then you have a right to call me down from up of your high moral well-bred
> ARABIAN horse (sorry for a lame joke!)... whatever and whomever you
> wish...

> OR

> 2.) If you are NOT JEWISH, you have no right to give me an antisemitic
> label, therefore you ought to apologize to me publicly...

I was gonna answer you, but ehhh...why let my ethnicity be yet another thing for you to make a big issue out of.

> I'm using you as a guinea pig for my own amusement, cause you are such a
> unique speciman of an American ruling class... Now, back to your ratcage,
> bitch!

Ruling class? Who is it I rule? I rule YOU on this board, sure. But "ruling class"?...whatever!

> Oaf, I give you a priviliege to choose yourself my place of birth:

> 1.) Sankt-Petersburg, Russia
> 2.) Brazilia, Brazil
> 3.) Lima, Peru
> 4.) Ranch Santa Fe, California
> 5.) Kinshasa, Zaire
> 6.) Space Unknown, Outer Galaxy of Aarks...

> Come on, mystery is fun, mystery is good for stimulating your stale
> imagination...

> Yeah, A LOTS OF THEM [good lawyers].... :) TOO MANY!

If you look at all the struggles for justice in this country, was it not lawyers leading the fights?

> f***ing Ralph Nader, the guy who spoiled it all for Democrats... Arrr...

Too predictable. I told myself when I typed his name: "Just wait, Evans is gonna come back with something about Nader spoiling the election...."

It's sad how democrats still obsessively disparage a good man just because he decided he had a right to participate in democracy. There's so much I disagree with that guy on. He was even against getting the Taliban, which caused me to unsubscribe to the Green PArty email list. But he's a good, honest f***ing guy. Democrats, who pissed away their majority status defending that corrupt sicko, Bill Clinton, ought to get off the "excommunicate anyone who disagrees" Stalinistic thuggery.

> Unf*** that! :) I would not pay my fair or unfair share, I will hire a
> smart-pants Jewish lawyer like you who would exempt me from taxes... :)

> Tax code? Hmm, maybe I have to hire YOU to help me not to pay my fair
> share... As all lawyers, you would be too glad to work for me for good
> bucks... Honest lawyer is the same rarity as Jewish bartender at Boston or
> Irish Dentist at Brooklyn, New York... :)

So what profession are you in? To sit for the Ohio bar, I've had to fill out a ridiculously massive application about my character and fitness, right down to every traffic ticket and whether I pay bills on time. Does your profession screen like that? I also will be subjected to an ethics code. Most people don't have that hanging over them all the time. Sure, lots of dishonest lawyers, but comparitively speaking, the legal profession is one of the most ethical. Every lawyer I've worked for or been around, so far, is constantly thinking and talking about ethics, as they must.

Re: Excellent article from New Zealand Herald newspaper (December 6, 2002) about Bush double standar

Oaf will slam terrorists everywhere except the US. It just sickens me to see the appointments of Kissinger and his ilk to the various postions that bush gives them.

We have all of the old cronies watching South and Central America again. You know, the one's that supported the coup of several legally elected govenments, supported right wing death squads, supported mass killings and covered it up. Oaf does it bother you at all...or must we keep focus on the big, bad terrorist ..Saddam Hussein?