Morrissey "baseball" card

M

maladjusted

I was rummaging through a bunch of old junk in my room and came across these trading cards by a company called Pro Set. Back in 1991, they issued a set of "Super Stars MusiCards", and to my surprise, there was #79 - Morrissey. The front of the card has a photo from the Viva Hate sessions, and the back of the card has the following info, along with a smaller photo from the same session:

Singer/Songwriter Steven Morrissey began his career with the Smiths, an English rock group that scored such hits in the U.K. as "What Difference Does It Make?," "Panic" (about the Chernobyl nuclear accident) and "Shoplifters of the World Unite." He opened his solo career with the single "Suedehead," which was followed immediately by the album Viva Hate! (1988). Bona Drag (1990) is a collection of rare, hard-to-find and otherwise inaccessible Morrissey tracks.

I was amazed that Morrissey was deemed worthy to include in a set of music cards that featured gems such as Nelson, Linear, Dino, and Tiffany. Is this Morrissey card relatively hard to find? I've never heard any mention of it on this site before. Cheers,

maladjusted

¿¿ About 6 years ago some guy at my high school gave me one. I still have it, you are the first person I have heard of that has it also.

John¿

> Ill trade you 2 Duran Duran and 1 Suzanne Vega for it.

Throw in a Winger and you have yourself a deal!

I have it (won it at a fair) and I have the Melody Maker Top Ranker card ("the queen mum of indie pop.")¿ I was rummaging through a bunch of old junk in my room and came¿ across these trading cards by a company called Pro Set. Back in¿ 1991, they issued a set of "Super Stars MusiCards",¿ and to my surprise, there was #79 - Morrissey. The front of the¿ card has a photo from the Viva Hate sessions, and the back of¿ the card has the following info, along with a smaller photo from¿ the same session:¿ Singer/Songwriter Steven Morrissey began his career with the¿ Smiths, an English rock group that scored such hits in the U.K.¿ as "What Difference Does It Make?," "Panic"¿ (about the Chernobyl nuclear accident) and "Shoplifters of¿ the World Unite." He opened his solo career with the single¿ "Suedehead," which was followed immediately by the¿ album Viva Hate! (1988). Bona Drag (1990) is a collection of¿ rare, hard-to-find and otherwise inaccessible Morrissey tracks.¿ I was amazed that Morrissey was deemed worthy to include in a¿ set of music cards that featured gems such as Nelson, Linear,¿ Dino, and Tiffany. Is this Morrissey card relatively hard to¿ find? I've never heard any mention of it on this site before.¿ Cheers,¿ maladjusted

i had a neighbor who knew how much of a collector and fan i was of morrissey and the smiths, buy this card for me for five dollars at a comic store about five years ago. it has been a treasure to me. i keep it in my wallet and show any person with a smith/mozz shirt on when they come into my restruant ( i am a bartender at applebees) i keep it in a hard plastic sleeve ready for morrissey to sign ;)

viva las vegas

my stuff

Back
Top Bottom