I don't think anyone will acheve being as cool as Andy Rourke is.

• Thread starter The Birth of the cool.
  • Start date
T

The Birth of the cool.

I dig, the crazy rhythms of Number one cool Cat Rourkey, Daddy-o. The coolest Cat on the block Rourkey. The King of Swing bee-bopping bass man Rourkey.Dig THE MAN Daddy-o and his Beat. Lord Andy Rourke,man.

just check out Paul Simonen - then you'll find out what cool really is...

Yeah, Paul Simonon was about the coolest (looking, at least) bass player ever.

Andy Rourke was cool, too. I always liked 'Girl Least Likely too' alot, and wished he had a chance to write more music for Moz.

Re: I don't think anyone will achieve being as washed up,useless or ugly as Andy Rourke is.

im thinking that there are a fair few fruit loops knocking around in here.

Re: I don't think anyone will achieve being as washed up,useless or ugly as Andy Rourke is.

Mike Joyce

of course! how could i forget about old tractor face joyce?

> Mike Joyce

ha ha ha ha!

morrissey would approve of your wit.

Comparison Photo-Granted taken 6 years ago

266944k.jpg

agreed

andy rourke was quite a fine bassist, but what has he done of note since then? nada.

are the rumours true that he is trying to sue morrissey and marr again, despite their having settled out of court for 100K?

Re: who do you like? This guy?

The Master has returned to me.

Re: Comparison Photo-Granted taken 6 years ago

Evil, pure evil. Morrissey and Marr don't have a chance with such evil.

hmm... marble washed denim jeans and suede slip-on shoes. VERY cool. Not.

Re: slip-on shoes.Who wore clothes like that?

Who wore those clothes. Andy Rourke always wears fashonable clothes and what ever was fashonalble in 1980s I am sure he wore it, if it was nice.

...check the tight jeans and horrible shoes on the Queen is Dead sleeve, plus his collection of vile wooly jumpers from early Smiths era..... and he had a mania for marble-washed denim at one point, too.

Much as I admire his skills as a musician, he was no style icon, then or now.

And anyone remember his horrible haircuts, too? Always looked more Flock of Seagulls or Haircut 100 than a Smith.....

> Who wore those clothes. Andy Rourke always wears fashonable clothes and
> what ever was fashonalble in 1980s I am sure he wore it, if it was nice.

Re: This Guy

that guy is sooooo much better looking and he likes the Ramones!!

Re: Andy Rourke liked to bleech his hair in The Smiths.

It was probably fashonable to wear tight jeans in the 1980s and I heard that Andy had no pants on on The Queen thing. He used to like to bleech his hair very blonde in The Smiths I am not sure what look he was trying to acheve? He was always clean shaven and into wearing deodorant and stuff I think. It is funny because when you see pictures of Andy before he was a Smith his hair is quite long and natural looking and pushed forward onto his face and he was wearing a checked shirt was that a late 1970s thing? But when Andy became a Smith his hair was suddunly bleeched blonde, was shorter and pushed up away from his face. Were Smiths fans supposed to wear wooly jumpers and black clothes, browm cardigans and cords? I know Andy was into Neil Young and Joni Mitchell and Jazz and Funk and Dance and Hip-Hop music?

raise your hand if you liked andy's flat top.

why doesn't anybody have their hand raised?

haters! all ya'll be haters. just because andy be da pimp yo. haha. just kidding.

Back
Top Bottom