A new album and the Mike Joyce Saga

V

Vauxhall Driver

If Morrissey releases an album in Britain (or E.U.??) does Mike Joyce have the power to recieve any earnings from it to cover the money that may be owed to him?

I don't think that would be so...

...as it could be argued that Morrissey made a lot of money from the European and British tour and the merchandise and Mike Joyce would be able to make a claim against that.

Morrissey would probably just release an album in the States anyway and let people import it as has always been his/The Smiths want.

Re: I don't think that would be so...

> ...as it could be argued that Morrissey made a lot of money from the
> European and British tour and the merchandise and Mike Joyce would be able
> to make a claim against that.

According to the Dave Fanning interview, Mike Joyce did try to make a legal claim on Morrissey's earnings from the UK dates (or, at least, the RAH dates - the interview was actually recorded before the rest of the UK dates were played) From the interview transcript (below):

"And even at the Royal Albert Hall last week, he was sending all his little lawyers out to stand at the stage door and try and get the money that we earned at the Royal Albert Hall! And just issue all these writs…of course, he fails all the time, but he doesn’t stop."

If the chinny c*** paid up then there'd be no need for all these little lawyers. The more I read, and hear, the more my opinion is forming that the bad guy in this whole sorry saga is none other than our own Steven Patrick. He could end all this at the stroke of a pen on a six zero cheque instead of being a tight get and then slagging off Joyce for getting what the law says he's due. No, Joyce doesn't stop but no, Morrissey will never "win". I'm starting to get bored of hearing Mozzer whinge about it now.

Im giving up Port Charles FOREVER!

> If the chinny c*** paid up then there'd be no need for all these little
> lawyers. The more I read, and hear, the more my opinion is forming that
> the bad guy in this whole sorry saga is none other than our own Steven
> Patrick. He could end all this at the stroke of a pen on a six zero cheque
> instead of being a tight get and then slagging off Joyce for getting what
> the law says he's due. No, Joyce doesn't stop but no, Morrissey will never
> "win". I'm starting to get bored of hearing Mozzer whinge about
> it now.
Why watch Port Charles to see Rafe jump on stage, steal the mic and yell "Steven's real name is Caleb and he's a vampire" when Real Life Morrissey is so much more interesting(even if the actor who plays rafe was one of the "brave ones in 1997)". From Immigration issues to lawsuits, people couldn't write this stuff. I watched Tony Blair commenting last night on Iraq,Afghanistan,Israel, and terrorists threats and imagine my dismay when I was sure he was going to comment on Morrissey's letter concerning Joyce putting a lien on his Mum's house C-Span cut out to the Catholic Church news conference.

Re: Im giving up Port Charles FOREVER!

> Why watch Port Charles to see Rafe jump on stage, steal the mic and yell
> "Steven's real name is Caleb and he's a vampire" when Real Life....

Jesus Christ, what kind of a life do you have? Youi just referenced Port Charles in detail. Go over to Mike Joyces side, stay away from our side!

Re: Im giving up Port Charles FOREVER!-Jimmy

> Jesus Christ, what kind of a life do you have? Youi just referenced Port
> Charles in detail. Go over to Mike Joyces side, stay away from our side!
Well, NO actually, I just referenced 1 line from yesterday's episode. Port Charles is a half hour show, 5 times a week.
PS. I watched the video of Morrissey wearing a red hat and jacket and I think he deserves 100%. What Mike Joyce is doing is a travesty on the entire British judicial system.
PPS. I can't post on Mike Joyce's site. I posted its not very Christian like putting liens on Seniors home and where in the bible does it say its ok to put liens on Mother with kids homes.

Because Joyce does not deserve it!

> If the chinny c*** paid up then there'd be no need for all these little
> lawyers. The more I read, and hear, the more my opinion is forming that
> the bad guy in this whole sorry saga is none other than our own Steven
> Patrick. He could end all this at the stroke of a pen on a six zero cheque
> instead of being a tight get and then slagging off Joyce for getting what
> the law says he's due. No, Joyce doesn't stop but no, Morrissey will never
> "win". I'm starting to get bored of hearing Mozzer whinge about
> it now.

He's trying to claim what's not his! He didn't write the songs. He got, as Moz said, 10% of the performance royalties. Why should he try to squeeze more money from Morrissey that he does not deserve?

It's like an artist, who's painting a picture. The artist creates this great, wonderful, beautiful, magnificent masterpiece and the bloke that washed his brushes for him wants half credit for it. It's absurd. Moz is damn right to battle on, it's a matter of principle.

> Morrissey would probably just release an album in the States anyway and
> let people import it as has always been his/The Smiths want.

err? since when has Morrissey only wanted to release albums in the US? What about "Hatful Of Hollow" and "Beethoven Was Deaf" ... they were both originally UK only albums.

Joyce was a vital part of The Smiths

....and let's face it, Joyvce is the latest in a very very long line of musicians who have fallen foul of Moz and his gut wrenching money grabbing.

Pay Joyce what you OWE him, Morrissey.

You can hang your head in shame afterwards, dear.

> He's trying to claim what's not his! He didn't write the songs. He got, as
> Moz said, 10% of the performance royalties. Why should he try to squeeze
> more money from Morrissey that he does not deserve?

> It's like an artist, who's painting a picture. The artist creates this
> great, wonderful, beautiful, magnificent masterpiece and the bloke that
> washed his brushes for him wants half credit for it. It's absurd. Moz is
> damn right to battle on, it's a matter of principle.

Vital in what way?

He was a drummer. Drummers can be easily replaced. Yes, he was a great drummer, but NOT irreplacable. The Smiths could have continued without him. If Morrissey or Marr had left, the Smiths could not continue. And, obviously, they didn't, when Johnny did eventually leave.

Moz doesn't owe him ANYTHING.

Back
Top Bottom