These Things Take Time documentary

J

jason25

Following The Smiths documentary I've just watched, can any of you Morrissey experts answer the following:
- Re:Andy Rourke's comments, how many Peel sessions did The Smiths actually do, does anyone have them all, where can you obtain them?
- Am I right in thinking that Johnny Rogan used to have a long gingerish beard?
- Who was the woman "singing" over the opening and closing credits?
- Has anyone got the Suffer Little Children demo?
- How the hell were the programme's makers allowed to use that recent footage of Moz filmed at the Royal Albert Hall? It looked like a pirate video!
- Why was Phill Gatenby stood a million miles away from The Ritz?
- Was it an in-joke to have adverts for KFC in two of the ad-breaks?

While any T.V. programme on The Smiths is obviously welcome, I thought it was very frustrating and disjointed and could've been so much better.
Some of the interviews were interesting (John Peel is always good value), but Vic Reeves' voiceover gradually became annoying as we couldn't hear any of what was being said in the home-made Smiths' video footage. Also, what the hell was the point of the silly cartoons?; Obviously sour grapes on the part of the producer failing to get an interview with Moz, but couldn't some of the 100 hours of (supposedly available) footage have been used for Morrissey's old interview-voiceovers instead of those crappy drawings?
Some of the footage we saw in the trailers for this programme was (annoyingly) not included in the actual programme.
Also, the new Moz film from which we saw a clip looked as awful as it sounds, especially the acting.
Apart from that (and the silly guitar noises that perforated each segment and rapidly became annoying), I did enjoy watching it!

> - Re:Andy Rourke's comments, how many Peel sessions did The Smiths
> actually do, does anyone have them all, where can you obtain them?
4 SESSIONS. THE COMPLETE 2ND SESSION (AND 3/4 OF 1ST) FEATURE ON HATFUL OF HOLLOW. 3 TRACKS FROM 3RD FEATURED ON LAST NIGHT I DREAMT CD SINGLE. 2 TRACKS FROM 4TH (IS IT REALLY SO STRANGE, SWEET & TENDER) FEATURE ON LOUDER THAN BOMBS. REST EASY TO GET ON BOOTLEG.

> - Am I right in thinking that Johnny Rogan used to have a long gingerish
> beard?
YES> HE USED TO LOOK LIKE RON MOODY AS FAGIN. NOW HE JUST LOOKS LIKE RON MOODY.

> - Who was the woman "singing" over the opening and closing
> credits?
?
> - Has anyone got the Suffer Little Children demo?
IF THEY HAVE, THEY'RE NOT SHARING IT. YOU CAN GET A TROY TATE VERSION ON BOOTLEG THOUGH

> - How the hell were the programme's makers allowed to use that recent
> footage of Moz filmed at the Royal Albert Hall? It looked like a pirate
> video!
I BELIEVE THEY "SNUCK IN"

> - Why was Phill Gatenby stood a million miles away from The Ritz?
ASK HIM - SURE HE VISITS THIS SITE

> - Was it an in-joke to have adverts for KFC in two of the ad-breaks?
YES

Back
Top Bottom