"James Dean is Not Dead", the real scoop!!!

• Thread starter Raymond Radiguet is Not Dead!
  • Start date
R

Raymond Radiguet is Not Dead!

Hello,
I happen to own a 1983 printing of this "book", wich was written by Moz....It is written in the form of a book, with chapters and so on, but it is very slim, hence it can be called an "essay".
The book is pretty much like any other Dean bio that I have read, just shorter. But it gives you the quick scoop on the life of the "lil basterd" himself. A plus is that there is lots of Morrissey's young mind strewn throught the book. It also has lots of good and some rare picture, but its mostly collectible for the simple fact that Moz wrote it pre-Smiths....it even has a picture of Moz circa 1980 at the front(like he wouldn't do that).
What is interesting now is that he does not care for the book to much...he told me personally, "This is a demon"(referring to the book), wich obviously means hes not to fond of it any longer, as we all know now buy the breif letter he sent to all of us late last year....But yet he still autographed my copy when he told me this in 95....I think its more of a gripe he has with Babylon books and old Mr. Muir, because if you have read those old letters written by Moz to his scottish pen pal in 1980 he seemed to be very enthused about the book..... In any case its worth a look for any fan.....

> Hello,¿ I happen to own a 1983 printing of this "book", wich¿ was written by Moz....It is written in the form of a book, with¿ chapters and so on, but it is very slim, hence it can be called¿ an "essay".¿ The book is pretty much like any other Dean bio that I have¿ read, just shorter. But it gives you the quick scoop on the life¿ of the "lil basterd" himself. A plus is that there is¿ lots of Morrissey's young mind strewn throught the book. It also¿ has lots of good and some rare picture, but its mostly¿ collectible for the simple fact that Moz wrote it¿ pre-Smiths....it even has a picture of Moz circa 1980 at the¿ front(like he wouldn't do that).¿ What is interesting now is that he does not care for the book to¿ much...he told me personally, "This is a¿ demon"(referring to the book), wich obviously means hes not¿ to fond of it any longer, as we all know now buy the breif¿ letter he sent to all of us late last year....But yet he still¿ autographed my copy when he told me this in 95....I think its¿ more of a gripe he has with Babylon books and old Mr. Muir,¿ because if you have read those old letters written by Moz to his¿ scottish pen pal in 1980 he seemed to be very enthused about the¿ book..... In any case its worth a look for any fan.....
I have that copy as well, and I found it both amusing and ambitous- also the photgraphs are classic! Morrissey's writing style back then was very indicative of his personality- dramatic and intense. Anyway, I enjoyed it. K

> I have that copy as well, and I found it both amusing and¿ ambitous- also the photgraphs are classic! Morrissey's writing¿ style back then was very indicative of his personality- dramatic¿ and intense. Anyway, I enjoyed it. K

Photographs of who? James Dean? What's so special about them?

Back
Top Bottom