QUESTION ABOUT ONE OF MOZ'S FAVE MOVIES......

B

Ben

Who has seen "Saturday Night And Sunday Morning?" During the part when Albert Finney is having a drinking contest with that bearded sailor: there are shots of a band playing. Who is that lead singer singing and snapping his fingers? Is that Billy Fury??

> Who has seen "Saturday Night And Sunday Morning?"¿ During the part when Albert Finney is having a drinking contest¿ with that bearded sailor: there are shots of a band playing. Who¿ is that lead singer singing and snapping his fingers? Is that¿ Billy Fury??

I have that movie on video. Will take another look for you can't remember what the guy looks like now. I haven't watched the film in ages. Btw in case you didn't know Billy Fury is on the cover of the Smiths single Last Night I Dreamt.. so you can do a little comparison.

> Who has seen "Saturday Night And Sunday Morning?"¿ During the part when Albert Finney is having a drinking contest¿ with that bearded sailor: there are shots of a band playing. Who¿ is that lead singer singing and snapping his fingers? Is that¿ Billy Fury??

Not having seen the movie in years, I can't say for certain that Billy Fury was not involved in this project, although I'm pretty sure he wasn't. However, I do know that the only films he is credited as appearing in are the following:

"I gotta horse" - Billy displays his trademark love for animals by neglecting band rehearsal to toy with his dogs and buy a racehorse. Will the animals come between him and his career?! Nearly as useless as "The Duke Wore Blue Jeans"
"Play it cool" - plotless teenage "rock 'n' roll" romp, involving heiresses, broken aeroplanes and and anxious fathers. Also stars the trivial Helen Shapiro, childhood friend of Marc Bolan and original Spice Girl
"That'll be the day" - surprisingly, not bad, starring the delicious David Essex before he lost his charms and Ringo Starr as a reckless carny. Billy as aging rocker condemned to a life of playing sea-side resorts.

Back
Top Bottom