What the f*** is wrong with some people here?

M

Me Me Me

why do people constantly need to bash julia riley here? why? i just don't understand it. it's begrudgery, plain and simple, i suppose. this woman has followed morrissey for years, she's practically devoted her life to the man, and she gets a bit of recognition from him- it makes her happy. so leave her alone! jesus christ, i mean what is WRONG with some of you? get over your childish, petty jealousy and put yourself in her shoes. wouldn't you love if morrissey knew you by name too? stop acting like kids, some of you, and grow up. i really hope that moz doesn't come here, because i'd be really embaressed if he saw some of the crap that's said and goes on.

> why do people constantly need to bash julia riley here? why? i just don't
> understand it. it's begrudgery, plain and simple, i suppose. this woman
> has followed morrissey for years, she's practically devoted her life to
> the man, and she gets a bit of recognition from him- it makes her happy.
> so leave her alone! jesus christ, i mean what is WRONG with some of you?
> get over your childish, petty jealousy and put yourself in her shoes.
> wouldn't you love if morrissey knew you by name too? stop acting like
> kids, some of you, and grow up. i really hope that moz doesn't come here,
> because i'd be really embaressed if he saw some of the crap that's said
> and goes on.

Yeah, people...what is wrong with you!? Just because you can't afford to buy Morrissey's affection like that...doesn't mean you should bash the chick. It's like, some of us will spend the last ten cents we have in our wallets in order to just catch a glimpse of the man vicariously through someone else, and this gal gets recognized because she can afford to do more. Huzzah for wealth!!!!!!!!

Re:Oh Shuddup!

> Yeah, people...what is wrong with you!? Just because you can't afford to
> buy Morrissey's affection like that...doesn't mean you should bash the
> chick. It's like, some of us will spend the last ten cents we have in our
> wallets in order to just catch a glimpse of the man vicariously through
> someone else, and this gal gets recognized because she can afford to do
> more. Huzzah for wealth!!!!!!!!

You would be surprised about what Morrissey thinks of her.
enough said!

Re:Oh Shuddup!

> You would be surprised about what Morrissey thinks of her.
> enough said!

Do tell!

It's nothing to do with wealth..

> Yeah, people...what is wrong with you!? Just because you can't afford to
> buy Morrissey's affection like that...doesn't mean you should bash the
> chick. It's like, some of us will spend the last ten cents we have in our
> wallets in order to just catch a glimpse of the man vicariously through
> someone else, and this gal gets recognized because she can afford to do
> more. Huzzah for wealth!!!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing. So, if she is as wealthy as the rumours go, she could spend her money on whatever the f*** she likes. She could buy an island off the coast of Bermuda, I expect. BUT SHE DOESN'T WANT TO. She WANTS to spend it on Moz, so stop the begrudgery. You should be happy and proud that there is a fellow fan that's willing to go to the lengths that she does for the love of Moz. I know I love it when my friends see the devotion the man inspires, they're shocked and I love it, I feel proud to be a Moz/Smiths fan.

It's SO SO SO sad, the jealousy. Grown adults acting like children in a playground, that's what it is.

Re: It's nothing to do with wealth..

> Absolutely nothing. So, if she is as wealthy as the rumours go, she could
> spend her money on whatever the f*** she likes. She could buy an island
> off the coast of Bermuda, I expect. BUT SHE DOESN'T WANT TO. She WANTS to
> spend it on Moz, so stop the begrudgery. You should be happy and proud
> that there is a fellow fan that's willing to go to the lengths that she
> does for the love of Moz. I know I love it when my friends see the
> devotion the man inspires, they're shocked and I love it, I feel proud to
> be a Moz/Smiths fan.

> It's SO SO SO sad, the jealousy. Grown adults acting like children in a
> playground, that's what it is.

A) The lengths she will go to? I sold my god damned car to see The Man. But would he give me any recognition for it? No, he wouldn't. My friend lost his job as a result of missing work to see The Man? Does Morrissey care? f*** no. I know a fellow who almost died to see Morrissey, as he is super f***ing ill and was not supposed to get into an excited state or be in crowded environments...but would Morrissey award him half a god damned ounce of attention for it? He wouldn't f***ing bother. There are people who are unable to see Him, but who have tried desperately and cry in their rooms all night every time there is a show...because they are devoted fans...but would f***ing Morrissey invite them to a show free of charge? Hell no. So f*** you and your stupid f***ing theories, you bastard. That bitch is only a fan with money, there is no god damned measure of how devoted she is there. Piss off.

B) Jealousy? Ha ha ha ha. You're an idiot. You assume far too much about the feelings of others. Who the f*** do you think you are?

Who the f*** do you think YOU are?

> A) The lengths she will go to? I sold my god damned car to see The Man.
> But would he give me any recognition for it? No, he wouldn't. My friend
> lost his job as a result of missing work to see The Man? Does Morrissey
> care? f*** no. I know a fellow who almost died to see Morrissey, as he is
> super f***ing ill and was not supposed to get into an excited state or be
> in crowded environments...but would Morrissey award him half a god damned
> ounce of attention for it? He wouldn't f***ing bother. There are people
> who are unable to see Him, but who have tried desperately and cry in their
> rooms all night every time there is a show...because they are devoted
> fans...but would f***ing Morrissey invite them to a show free of charge?
> Hell no. So f*** you and your stupid f***ing theories, you bastard. That
> bitch is only a fan with money, there is no god damned measure of how
> devoted she is there. Piss off.

> B) Jealousy? Ha ha ha ha. You're an idiot. You assume far too much about
> the feelings of others. Who the f*** do you think you are?

first of all, i dont assume ANYTHING about the feelings of others, OTHER THAN WHAT I SEE ON HERE. so f*** you for starters- you're the TYPICAL jealous prick of a fan that i mentioned previously, down to a T. so f***ing what, you sold your car? your choice. do you think julia riley asks moz to point her out at every show? he does it of his own f***ing free will. if you were at every show, you'd probably be recognised by him too.

yes, she's a fan with money who chooses to spend her money on morrissey. i'd say that's pretty f***ing devoted, a lot of people would choose to spend it other ways. she obviously loves him enough to spend it on him, so don't f***in' begrudge her it, you f***wit.

of course there are other types of devotion, i can't afford to travel around to see him either, but i'm not jealous of julia riley for it. fair f***s to her if she can afford to do it. some of the petty, snipey comments on here about her make me SICK. it's PATHETIC. i'm as devoted to moz as the next fan, i f***ing adore the man, ADORE him. but i'm not going to slag or make smart, jealous comments about a fan who travels the world to see him just because I CAN'T.

Re: Who the f*** do you think YOU are?

Blah, blah, blah.

I am not jealous, you ass. You are assuming I am jealous as a result of things that I have said, you assume that jealousy hides behind my words and the words of others. Why? Because...when you are jealous, that is how it comes out of you? Hmm. Well, that's not how jealousy works for everyone, f***er. So stop acting like everyone is jealous. I don't get jealous, actually. It doesn't exist within me.

A fan with money who chooses to spend her money on Morrissey? That's not f***ing devotion. Spending money to see someone perform everytime they play is not real devotion. I don't care what you f***ing say, you c***. Devotion is something that goes above and beyond, and do you know why her going to see every show doesn't count as devotion in that sense? Because all of the obsessive f***s would do it if they could afford it. Real devotion will come when The Man is dying and needs f***ing organ transplants to survive, and some DEVOTED fan shows up and says "Slice me open, take my insides, and let Him live!"

You f***ing people are annoying. "Everyone is sooooo jealous...be nice to the person that's not done anything special...wah wah wah." Tell me, why doesn't Morrissey bring someone REALLY important with him on his tour, and show them off to everyone? Why doesn't he bring compassionists, humanitarians, etc. with him rather than sitting some rich chick up there? Hell, wait...why the f*** doesn't he take David-f***ing-T up on stage at every show, at least????

Perspective on Julia's position

I agree with many of your points. I do get tired of everytime anyone criticises anyone else, everyone yells "jealousy"! There are a lot of reasons people slag others off, and it's not always jealousy. I think many people resent Julia for a very valid reason, she gets special treatment from Moz because she's rich enough to follow him around, simple as that. If everyone here had as much money and as few time commitments as she has, I think a good percentage of them would also follow him to every show.

To put this in perspective, she can afford to do it, therefore how is it a sacrifice on her part? If Bill Gates gives $5 million to a charity but it has no impact on his life because he's got so much more money, is that being more geneourous than a poor person giving $50 that they really couldn't afford to? Of course not, the person who could least afford their contribution was the more generous, and made the bigger sacrifice. That's what annoys me, Moz equates her dedication to her ability to afford to go to all his shows. Someone who struggles get the money together to go to one show, may well be far more dedicated to him than she is, going to all the shows. It really is just wealth at the end of the day. She doesn't endure any kind of hardship to see him.

And you brought up a good point Jolly, I really think David T deserves far more recognition than Julia. She puts out a crappy fanzine twice a year that she SELLS, how does this help Morrissey? David is here working on the site every single day, and it must cost him a lot of money in addition to his time. And, importantly, it provides a service to Morrissey, and if David didn't have this site Morrissey would probably have to get an official website. I think this website helps keep his career alive and well when he's not doing anything for years and years. So, if anyone out there is really helping him, and deserves a thank you on the albums and a chat at the shows, I vote for David!

But, we should also realize that this isn't Julia's fault, it's Morrissey's, he's the one who singles her out. If people get mad about her cutting in line or anything else she may have done to them, that's fair enough, but we can't blame her for Morrissey's actions. And at the end of the day, we don't really know what he thinks of her or why he does what he does, it's quite possible he's scared to death of her and thinks she's a totally creepy psycho, but still feels sorry for her so gives her some attention.

Re: Perspective on Julia's position

> I agree with many of your points. I do get tired of everytime anyone
> criticises anyone else, everyone yells "jealousy"! There are a
> lot of reasons people slag others off, and it's not always jealousy. I
> think many people resent Julia for a very valid reason, she gets special
> treatment from Moz because she's rich enough to follow him around, simple
> as that. If everyone here had as much money and as few time commitments as
> she has, I think a good percentage of them would also follow him to every
> show.

> To put this in perspective, she can afford to do it, therefore how is it a
> sacrifice on her part? If Bill Gates gives $5 million to a charity but it
> has no impact on his life because he's got so much more money, is that
> being more geneourous than a poor person giving $50 that they really
> couldn't afford to? Of course not, the person who could least afford their
> contribution was the more generous, and made the bigger sacrifice. That's
> what annoys me, Moz equates her dedication to her ability to afford to go
> to all his shows. Someone who struggles get the money together to go to
> one show, may well be far more dedicated to him than she is, going to all
> the shows. It really is just wealth at the end of the day. She doesn't
> endure any kind of hardship to see him.

> And you brought up a good point Jolly, I really think David T deserves far
> more recognition than Julia. She puts out a crappy fanzine twice a year
> that she SELLS, how does this help Morrissey? David is here working on the
> site every single day, and it must cost him a lot of money in addition to
> his time. And, importantly, it provides a service to Morrissey, and if
> David didn't have this site Morrissey would probably have to get an
> official website. I think this website helps keep his career alive and
> well when he's not doing anything for years and years. So, if anyone out
> there is really helping him, and deserves a thank you on the albums and a
> chat at the shows, I vote for David!

> But, we should also realize that this isn't Julia's fault, it's
> Morrissey's, he's the one who singles her out. If people get mad about her
> cutting in line or anything else she may have done to them, that's fair
> enough, but we can't blame her for Morrissey's actions. And at the end of
> the day, we don't really know what he thinks of her or why he does what he
> does, it's quite possible he's scared to death of her and thinks she's a
> totally creepy psycho, but still feels sorry for her so gives her some
> attention.

Golly. Perhaps if I made my point as well as you, with such eloquence (i.e. sans the sailor mouth)...people would take me more seriously. Very well-put comment, here!

Back
Top Bottom