Should Morrissey be in the BBC Great Briton's list?

R

Ruffian

Idly thinking aloud (us unemployed people tend to do this sometimes, and have spontaneous erections during a dull day as well!!) Anyway, Regarding the BBC's fine list of the greatest Britons ever.. I mean if David Beckham and Princess (f*cking) Diana can be in there.. surely Morrissey must have a good case for inclusion.

Ruffian

I would say yes, but does he really WANT to be in that program, alongside such shimmering stars as David Beckham and Charles Darwin? Are they really worthy of such charming company?
I do think you can guess what the answer is.

> Idly thinking aloud (us unemployed people tend to do this sometimes, and
> have spontaneous erections during a dull day as well!!) Anyway, Regarding
> the BBC's fine list of the greatest Britons ever.. I mean if David Beckham
> and Princess (f*cking) Diana can be in there.. surely Morrissey must have
> a good case for inclusion.

Ruffian,

Definitely. I don't really know who comes up with these lists but the Blue-rinse brigade must have been on the case to get Dirty Di near the top.
What is it with us and the Royals eh? The Queen at number 24- What the F*ck? Plus,Henry VIII and Elizbeth I make a career out of wielding the axe and burning at the stake and this somehow makes them 'great'.

Still, at least they did something notable. I mean how they hell can anyone justify Michael 'ooo Betty' Crawford being there (number 17).

Heres the link:

100 Great Britons, my arse..

Such a silly, silly list that it would be to Morrissey's discredit if he were to appear within a mile of it. And look! Oliver Cromwell is there in the so-called top 10. I don't suppose for a minute he'll be getting many votes from the Catholics among us. And Bono? Well they must be taking a liberal 'British Isles resident = Briton' definition, 'cos to my mind sonny Bono isn't British. Yes, I think the BBC sent round voting forms inserted in the Daily Mail - that's how they drew up their short-list. If I had to vote for someone on pain of death, it would have to be either John Peel for services to Morrissey's career or Michael Crawford (really) to subvert all the rest and because he actually seems to be talented and a nice bloke.

PS Re:(us unemployed people tend to do this sometimes, and have spontaneous erections during a dull day as well!!)- right I'm gonna have to get myself the sack. Seems you're having much more fun!

> Ruffian

> Ruffian,

> Definitely. I don't really know who comes up with these lists but the
> Blue-rinse brigade must have been on the case to get Dirty Di near the
> top.
> What is it with us and the Royals eh? The Queen at number 24- What the
> F*ck? Plus,Henry VIII and Elizbeth I make a career out of wielding the axe
> and burning at the stake and this somehow makes them 'great'.

> Still, at least they did something notable. I mean how they hell can
> anyone justify Michael 'ooo Betty' Crawford being there (number 17).

> Heres the link:
Im glad Morrissey's name isn't on that crap. Why kind of poll has David Beckham ahead of Charles Dickens and William Blake? Boy George and Johnny Rotten are on the list it but not 1 member The Who or Zepplin, George Harrison or Eric Clapton.

> Ruffian
Bob f***ing Geldof.Bo f***ing no.You British are welcome to these c***s.We don't want them.

Re:
> Why kind of poll has David
> Beckham ahead of Charles Dickens and William Blake? Boy George and Johnny
> Rotten are on the list it but not 1 member The Who or Zepplin, George
> Harrison or Eric Clapton.
Actually, George Harrison *is* on the list (#62)

jk f***ing rowling?! beckham? ROBBIE WILLIAMS!?!?!?

moz should thank his lucky stars (hehe) not to be on this godforsaken list. come on, BBC scum!!

jk rowling: wrote a few kiddie books. wow. who gives a f***? roald dahl did it better.

beckham: mr. posh spice - puhleeze!

robbie williams: okay, his music is kind of fun, but since when does making pre-fab pop make one a great briton?

i'm surprised geri halliwell and jordan didn't make the list! wor about the telletubbies, eh mate?

Spontaneous erections?! How exciting. Oooh just the thought...... *shiver*

GDx

(having v inappropriate visions......)

> Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom