The Severed Alliance: The VH-1 Original Movie

• Thread starter CrushedRoseGoesSplat!
  • Start date
C

CrushedRoseGoesSplat!

I was just watching Hairspray, and it made me start thinking because the guy in it who plays Ricki Lake's boyfriend...well, don't you think that he could play Morrissey in the movie version of The Severed Alliance? His name is Michael St. Gerard, I think. He's played Elvis in Great Balls Of Fire and in a couple of TV movies. But really, if they worked on the quiff, and gave him blue contact lenses, it could work. Of course, they'd have to coach him to get the right accent, and to know when and how to do that eye-brow raising stuff Morrissey does when he talks. Also, he'd have to start using wide, dramatic sweeping gestures with his hands as he acted, and place his tongue firmly (and literallly) in his cheek. I mean, if VH-1 is going to show the Sonny and Cher story and do an original TV movie about *Sweetwater* who no one has ever heard of in the whole history of music, then surely someone could accost a V.I.P. in the corridor of VH-1's decision-making offices and beat him soundly over the head until he agrees that making the movie version of the story of The Smiths and Morrissey is the best thing he could possibly do-- or else...

> I was just watching Hairspray, and it made me start thinking¿ because the guy in it who plays Ricki Lake's boyfriend...well,¿ don't you think that he could play Morrissey in the movie¿ version of The Severed Alliance? His name is Michael St. Gerard,¿ I think. He's played Elvis in Great Balls Of Fire and in a¿ couple of TV movies. But really, if they worked on the quiff,¿ and gave him blue contact lenses, it could work. Of course,¿ they'd have to coach him to get the right accent, and to know¿ when and how to do that eye-brow raising stuff Morrissey does¿ when he talks. Also, he'd have to start using wide, dramatic¿ sweeping gestures with his hands as he acted, and place his¿ tongue firmly (and literallly) in his cheek. I mean, if VH-1 is¿ going to show the Sonny and Cher story and do an original TV¿ movie about *Sweetwater* who no one has ever heard of in the¿ whole history of music, then surely someone could accost a¿ V.I.P. in the corridor of VH-1's decision-making offices and¿ beat him soundly over the head until he agrees that making the¿ movie version of the story of The Smiths and Morrissey is the¿ best thing he could possibly do-- or else...

I think Matt Dillon would make a good Morrissey if any such movie
is made.

> I think Matt Dillon would make a good Morrissey if any such¿ movie¿ is made.

So did Morrissey.

For mature Moz, Richard Burton circa 1965. For young moz, Montgomery Clift pre-accident.

Or, simply, "Richard Burton as he is now."

> surely someone could accost a¿ V.I.P. in the corridor of VH-1's decision-making offices and¿ beat him soundly over the head until he agrees that making the¿ movie version of the story of The Smiths and Morrissey is the¿ best thing he could possibly do-- or else...

I am convinced that this will happen sometime, but not now. Remember that VH1 doesn't play The Smiths or Morrissey now. That is the first step because they have to be made aware of the popularity and the lasting influence of the Smiths, then might come the possibility of a Behind the Scene type of documentry.

> I am convinced that this will happen sometime, but not now.¿ Remember that VH1 doesn't play The Smiths or Morrissey now. That¿ is the first step because they have to be made aware of the¿ popularity and the lasting influence of the Smiths, then might¿ come the possibility of a Behind the Scene type of documentry.

I hasten to add that VH-1 has never played or even acknowledged Sweetwater previous to the announcement about this original TV movie.

> I hasten to add that VH-1 has never played or even acknowledged¿ Sweetwater previous to the announcement about this original TV¿ movie.

"Sweetwater" is a work of fiction; the band never existed.

> "Sweetwater" is a work of fiction; the band never¿ existed.

It did, in fact. They were featured on a special 60's edition of Where Are They Now? that was broadcast on Saturday night. The TV movie is based on the autobiography of the band's lead singer.

Oops; My Bad!

> It did, in fact. They were featured on a special 60's edition of¿ Where Are They Now? that was broadcast on Saturday night. The TV¿ movie is based on the autobiography of the band's lead singer.

Thanks; I stand corrected. :)

Re: Oops; My Bad!

> Thanks; I stand corrected. :)

Have a seat; it's no big deal. I still love you. :)

Back
Top Bottom