johnny marr's clothing line

J

joe

hey everyone

does anyone remember johnny marr's parka/clothing company? is it still around? what happened to it? did anyone ever buy one of his parkas? was it nice?

im just asking cos im in the market for a parka right now.

thank you for your help

Re: Yes. It was called "Elk".

Elk was like Mod, outdoor street clothing and was partly inspired by the Native Americans. Read the book "Black Elk Speaks" the biography of the Lakota visionary and healer Nicholas Black Elk a Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux. Johnny Marr loves all spiritual, mystical stuff and learning about the Native Americans. Johnny Marr also likes fashion and is a bit of a Mod. I don't know if the "Elk" clothing line is still going. You used to be able to get Elk from posh shops like "Selfridges", "Harvey Nichols", "Urban Outfitters" in Kensington High Street and menswear shops like "Browns" in South Molton Street near Bond Street tube and "Fletchers". Elk was a mans clothing line but it was all quite expensive stuff, trendy, funky, Modish, designer Streetwear gear way out of my price range. (I was talking about the London shops where you could get Elk stuff from but you could also get Elk in other city's of Britain and America. There was a trendy, expensive Steetwear shop in Manchester called "Geese" that used to stock Elk.) I hope this is of some help to you. Happy shopping.

Re: Yes. It was called "Elk".

http://www.mymanchester.org/manchester/celebs&gossip-faces%20in%20fashion.htm

Back
Top Bottom