nice interview with aAndy Rourke from the daily beast that i hadnt read before (2013)

A

Anonymous

nice interview that gives some insight into how he contributed to the music and his views on some members getting big heads. talks about why he and all the smiths eventually left england, manchester, and moved to the u.s. and his working with morrissey on the solo song girl least likely to as well as yes i am blind. even mentions morrissey solo. one part i did find a bit weird was that he said he never got the massive check but later states that when got money from being in the band he started going larger with the drug habit. obviously massive is a relative term but it did seem to contradict a bit. im sure a bunch here have read it but maybe some havent so here it is

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ain-smiths-bassist-andy-rourke-tells-all.html

Re: nice interview with andy rourke from the daily beast that i hadnt read before (2013)

nice interview that gives some insight into how he contributed to the music and his views on some members getting big heads. talks about why he and all the smiths eventually left england, manchester, and moved to the u.s. and his working with morrissey on the solo song girl least likely to as well as yes i am blind. even mentions morrissey solo. one part i did find a bit weird was that he said he never got the massive check but later states that when got money from being in the band he started going larger with the drug habit. obviously massive is a relative term but it did seem to contradict a bit. im sure a bunch here have read it but maybe some havent so here it is

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ain-smiths-bassist-andy-rourke-tells-all.html

Not sure if I've seen this before - the URL suggests it's from 2013. Anyway, still an interesting read.

I can now see why he doesn't want to reform the Smiths. My god he aired out a bit of dirty laundry. No class.

Seemed fine to me as its his Story to tell as well. He want rude or mean about anything and dint even seem bitter even though I think him the smith who got the shortest end of the stick so to speak. He contributed a lot to the music and doesn't get nearly the credit I think he should. I'd never thought about it but it was funny when they mentioned how all of the smiths fled England

Back
Top Bottom