What took me so long?

Vegan

I have just recently become a serious Morrissey fan. I've known about him for more than two decades and even had "The Smiths: Singles" and "Vauxhall And I" in my collection...in the past two weeks I have now added all his solo CDs. I've been a Vegan for nearly three years. Of course Morrissey's heroic advocacy for animals is important to me but that's not what turned me from a casual fan to the kind of fan that will buy any music he releases. Believe it or not it was the hodge podge compilation "World Of Morrissey'" that peaked my interest beyond just the hits. I credit "The Loop" and "Moon River" with forcing me to delve deeper than comps...glad I did! So much good material to catch up on! You're jealous aren't you? Most of it's brand new for me ha ha

How long and when did you become a serious fan?

i have just recently become a serious morrissey fan. I've known about him for more than two decades and even had "the smiths: Singles" and "vauxhall and i" in my collection...in the past two weeks i have now added all his solo cds. I've been a vegan for nearly three years. Of course morrissey's heroic advocacy for animals is important to me but that's not what turned me from a casual fan to the kind of fan that will buy any music he releases. Believe it or not it was the hodge podge compilation "world of morrissey'" that peaked my interest beyond just the hits. I credit "the loop" and "moon river" with forcing me to delve deeper than comps...glad i did! So much good material to catch up on! You're jealous aren't you? Most of it's brand new for me ha ha

how long and when did you become a serious fan?

never. That's a long time.

I have just recently become a serious Morrissey fan. I've known about him for more than two decades and even had "The Smiths: Singles" and "Vauxhall And I" in my collection...in the past two weeks I have now added all his solo CDs. I've been a Vegan for nearly three years. Of course Morrissey's heroic advocacy for animals is important to me but that's not what turned me from a casual fan to the kind of fan that will buy any music he releases. Believe it or not it was the hodge podge compilation "World Of Morrissey'" that peaked my interest beyond just the hits. I credit "The Loop" and "Moon River" with forcing me to delve deeper than comps...glad I did! So much good material to catch up on! You're jealous aren't you? Most of it's brand new for me ha ha

Everything happens at the right time. Yours is perfect now, enjoy it.

Share your story as it unfolds.

86' meat is murder

Everything happens at the right time. Yours is perfect now, enjoy it.

Share your story as it unfolds.

86' meat is murder

Thank you. This weekend I discovered "Years Of Refusal". I admit I was not instantly grabbed (as I was with "Your Arsenal for example) but after repeated listens I've come to like it a whole lot. Shame on me though. I sing along with track one as "someone is squeezing my balls". :D

the real question is: would you wash his feet with your hair? i would.

1988 or 1989 with Viva Hate.

Interesting how those two songs suddenly made you want to dig deeper after all these years. At any rate...enjoy.

1988 or 1989 with Viva Hate.

Interesting how those two songs suddenly made you want to dig deeper after all these years. At any rate...enjoy.

Agreed. I had purchased Rhino's "The Best Of" and wanted more so I went with "World Of Morrissey" and I wanted more...and it just went on and on (I have all the solo albums now). I still haven't gotten around to ROTT, Quarry, Southpaw and Maladjusted yet. I like to take one album at a time and listen repeatedly- just often enough to prevent fatigue then move on to the next one. "Years Of Refusal" is great. Next up: 25 Live DVD and Quarry :thumb:

"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" proves Morrissey has plenty left in the tank. Lovin' this one even more than "Quarry". Still trying to find an album I don't like. No luck so far.

"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" proves Morrissey has plenty left in the tank. Lovin' this one even more than "Quarry". Still trying to find an album I don't like. No luck so far.

i dont think theres any album i dont like but for me ringleader and southpaw both come very close to tipping into the slightly negative. i know kill uncle is supposed to be the one we all read is the worst but i just find it kinda trite though enjoyable. i first became a fan of the smiths for real i guess after i bought got into singles maybe in 1999 or so and just went for the albums. as everyone notices the debut is weirdly recorded and some of the songs are not as fleshed out as they could be but i loved the riff to hand in glove and of course this charming man are hooky as hell and i really liked the passive aggressive approach to those songs while reel around the fountain and suffer little children moved me tremendously ( i love that thats the inscription to many catholic basins where the holy waters kept. probably has a name but it escapes me) the opening of headmaster ritual sealed the deal and i just moved into morrissey solo pretty easily. sure the musics not as overpoweringly fantastic but sometimes its nice to not have it compete so much with the vocal melody as i like all types of song structures and formats. probably got bona drag first for november but loved how catchy witty intelligent and emotional the songs were. and just got everything else after that. i was very so so to maladjusted but the reissue changed that for me and made southpaw bearable. maladjusted is now such a great album to me. i got into stuff way latter like yourself so the popularity around the releases and the social context mean nothing to me. i think this is why i dont rate vauxhal as high as others. i prefer maladjusteds reissue to that album personally. vauxhal came out in a weird time and some of the songs sound weird in there production to me like spring heeled jim etc though its lopsided in the middle with three of his best songs. anyway enjoy the music and albums. also if you havent already theres a great book of interviews out of which i posted a large portion somewhere in the main secytion if you want to check it out. just search for it and i think itll come up. spans his whole career

Okay I actually don't care for the "Viva Hate" album as a whole. There I said it. I don't appreciate why it's rated over some other works of his. I would place it dead last on my list. The backing music on these tracks is just weak and sterile (except for the two hits).

Okay I actually don't care for the "Viva Hate" album as a whole. There I said it. I don't appreciate why it's rated over some other works of his. I would place it dead last on my list. The backing music on these tracks is just weak and sterile (except for the two hits).

eh its of its times and has some flat songs but i like a bunch of it. its ok if you dont care for it imo. for me ringleader is dead last followed by southpaw. i think its got some great moments but its still very british as songs like margaret dont mean as much to me as i was never under her rule and songs like alsatian cousin are really good and amusing imo. its got some thin production in places but that was the time and i dont think it had a giant budget as people were unsure of how it and he would do without marr. to me honestly suedehead is just an ok song. catchy but it doesnt move me to much and the guitar is a bit to simple. i think a lot of people have an over fondness for it, the album, since they were very invested in moz at the time and his success was kind of a pleasant surprise so soon thus a vicotry for them as fans a well. i think this is in part why people like vauxhal so much as well as to me thats the middle of the road record except for the songs hold on to your friends the more you ignore me why dont you find out for yourself and speedway. even now my heart is full is just ok to me

eh its of its times and has some flat songs but i like a bunch of it. its ok if you dont care for it imo. for me ringleader is dead last followed by southpaw. i think its got some great moments but its still very british as songs like margaret dont mean as much to me as i was never under her rule and songs like alsatian cousin are really good and amusing imo. its got some thin production in places but that was the time and i dont think it had a giant budget as people were unsure of how it and he would do without marr. to me honestly suedehead is just an ok song. catchy but it doesnt move me to much and the guitar is a bit to simple. i think a lot of people have an over fondness for it, the album, since they were very invested in moz at the time and his success was kind of a pleasant surprise so soon thus a vicotry for them as fans a well. i think this is in part why people like vauxhal so much as well as to me thats the middle of the road record except for the songs hold on to your friends the more you ignore me why dont you find out for yourself and speedway. even now my heart is full is just ok to me

How do you feel about the remastered revised "Southpaw Grammar"? To me it's a considerable improvement.

How do you feel about the remastered revised "Southpaw Grammar"? To me it's a considerable improvement.

It's for sure an improvement as I really loved the song honey you know where to find me as the pacings assured feeling matches the great lyrics so well. Someone said in another thread that I'm not a man is such a sumation of moz and I agree. I also think that the lyrics to that song do the same. Not big on the music as I like a lot really heavy music and it feels kinda lame. Like they were trying to hard and its also the album with the least of moz actually on it. I mean I like the boy racer alright but it's a really slight song with just a couple of lyrics and it just barely does it for me. Even o. The remastered maladjusted. Have to skip the first song, the title song, Me feel they only kept it because it's the title song. It's still my second least fa album. I really wish that ringleader would get a Remaster as to me it's just the production I cant get over. The songwriting is really good I just can't get over the sonics. To soon to f course but I can wish

It's for sure an improvement as I really loved the song honey you know where to find me as the pacings assured feeling matches the great lyrics so well. Someone said in another thread that I'm not a man is such a sumation of moz and I agree. I also think that the lyrics to that song do the same. Not big on the music as I like a lot really heavy music and it feels kinda lame. Like they were trying to hard and its also the album with the least of moz actually on it. I mean I like the boy racer alright but it's a really slight song with just a couple of lyrics and it just barely does it for me. Even o. The remastered maladjusted. Have to skip the first song, the title song, Me feel they only kept it because it's the title song. It's still my second least fa album. I really wish that ringleader would get a Remaster as to me it's just the production I cant get over. The songwriting is really good I just can't get over the sonics. To soon to f course but I can wish

lol i dont type on a phone very well though i guess some will be overjoyed that theres capitals with the auto correct

Back
Top Bottom