Alain Whyte's signed Gretch guitar used on Morrissey songs on eBay

Nice collection of Gold Records on the wall there too! Glad Alain is still obviously proud about his achievements, and hasn't binned them.

$2,125 - nice.

There was another post circa early September that year that said something to the effect that Alain was "well and ready to play," which read at the time like he was going to join the North/South American leg of the YATQ tour. The entry was later removed from the site before Boz stopped writing updates.

I recall that blog too; perhaps it was scrapped at the last moment when Morrissey had a change of heart and decided to keep Jesse on-board permanently. I'm not so sure Jesse was really regarded as a temporary member to Morrissey anyway (to the fans, now that's a different story). And the group, sans-Alain, did record a few tracks live in the studio that summer with Jesse in the lineup which was surprising considering that Boz and Alain were the only two guitarists he's worked with on record for over a decade up to that point.

RE: The "born and braised" moment on Who Put The M...you can hear Boz blurt out "NO, YOU'RE NOT!" when Alain says he's from Camden Town. It sounds less than playful, but it's really hard to say without seeing his face. Spencer and Jonny Bridgwood - as well as Chris Dickie, the engineer on Vauxhall and I - were quoted as saying there was competitive tension between Alain and Boz in Mozipedia. I do think this had some effect on Alain's place in the band after his live departure.

Has there ever been any insight into Boz's relationship with Gary Day? I don't recall there being tension between the two of them; in fact I know Boz and Gaz had a couple co-writes together during the Quarry period. I know Alain and Gary were good mates, but I often wondered if Gaz had any real interest in continuing with the band once he realized Alain had left for good.

Any musician is lucky to play with Morrissey,Boz is the only one in the group now that seems well rounded, the others need to deliver a bit more. Here is to hoping for more music. Come back to LA.

It was the competition between Boz and him which Alain got fed of, yes there was cancelled gig in the US
becuase he had backproblems

Think the turning point was when Morrissey signed with Sanctuary...not long after Boz also signed with
Sanctuary
Think Morrissey put his future on Boz as he produced bands, and as Alain made songs for others, more expierance though Alain didn't smoke and was vegan too,but the main reason there was tension between Boz and Alain, and
Alain stepped back after the Dublin Castle gig...,ill? B*llocks...

and indeed the Mozipedia mentioned is too as written above...well if Jesse might be ill, there 1 Lad who certainly
can fly in and go on stage, but I doubt Alain would do it..

Was a sad day when he left the camp, so many great songs came out of his partnership with Morrissey. Oh he did smoke though, I remember during Quarry when they did Jools seeing Alain out in the courtyard having a quick cig before they played .

he is skint. otherwise why would he be selling the piece? he doesn't have the polecats to fall back on or a day job.
peeps that are doing good and sell stuff donate the proceeds to charity. that you dont is a sign you are broke.

Sad Son,

Alain posted on his Facebook page that he has 19 guitars and that's too many.

He doesn't need to have 19 guitars so he decided to sell the Gretsch.

If you have ever seen the pictures he posts from his backyard of a California sunset, you can see he is not skint.

We'll Let You Know

Was a sad day when he left the camp, so many great songs came out of his partnership with Morrissey. Oh he did smoke though, I remember during Quarry when they did Jools seeing Alain out in the courtyard having a quick cig before they played .

go get some spectacles, Alain didn't smoke...be 100% sure if you make such statement

[sorry bit iritated, it not about this, or you]

go get some spectacles, Alain didn't smoke...be 100% sure if you make such statement

Yeah?? how are you so sure. Well myself and a friend stood there in the courtyard at Jools Holland and spoke to him while he had a cigarette. It is you who is wrong "celibate"... god great name by the wat

hey sorry as well for being a bit harsh!! don't want to argue. I will qualify by saying I am 99 percent sure he was smoking, that is why he went outside. Unless my memory is totally messed up I am really surea bout this

For at least a time, back in the Morrissey days, Alain DID smoke. You can clearly see the cig pack in his breast pocket in this cropped photo from March 2004 (apologies to Jay Tando). Other fans noted seeing him have a quick cig here and there back in that era, too. I think he was just more "image conscious" of it than Gary or Boz and "hid it" more.

One thing is absolutely clear when you compare this picture to the eBay picture: he is far trimmer and healthier looking nowadays. And good for him.

Alain 2004.jpg

why would smoking be an issue. marr smoked pot till it was comming out of his ears and not long ago tobias had a pic taken woith children while smoking lamenting hed set a bad example. given that his replacement is an un hiding smoker why do people think this was a cause of concern to moz. i think it more that alain started to see himself as more of an equal writing partner and he wasnt. i think his head got a bit to big and he tried to step up his role which didnt go well

$2,125 - nice.

yes extremely cheap imo but like the tech above said they were kinda crap. made famous by the beatles for not wanting to play fenders like holly did they didnt hold tuning very well from what ive read and yes les pauls are very heavy but kinda awesome as well with the pickups. im not a techy guitar player, its more my motto that a talented musician can pick up anything and make great music. even broken guitars

Who gives a f*** if they smoke or not? On the Queen is Dead Salford pic Morrissey is the only one without a tab in his hand.

didnt he release an album of solo music meaning just him. red something or other. i guess itll all come out in the wash and well see how he does on his own or with someone else. the chris brown bit really disappointed me on a personal level

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom