Morrissey fan mail

SisterImA

Probably been asked a million times, but how can I get a letter to Moz? Thru his agent's mailing address or something? Anyone know?

The usual method is to get to the front of a gig and physically hand it to him. Although with no more live shows on the horizon, that ship may have just sailed.

Just post it here so we can all have a read.

Letter to morrissey?

How bona to vada your dolly old eek. Although i cant actually vada your eek. I'm a nantijoy bean joggering omi. Anyways I know this question has been asked before, but is there a way I can send a letter to Morrissey? Like is he known to check forums like this, so that I may be able to post an open letter? I'd love to send an actual letter, and I've searched the sight for a management address or something, but most of the replies on those posts are to search the sight for other posts which end in outdated addresses that were dead ends to begin with. All that after trying to maneuver through the extreme sarcasm and jabs that seem to be the norm witth fans here (which sarcasm isn't always obvious in text form, making that incredibly confusing at first, until I realized that I should be reading every post in morrissey's voice and his particular witty way of speaking, then it all made perfect sense haha) I also did a web search, and stumbled across that blue rose cult, which only made the confusion even worse and make me question Moz's affect on fan's sanity. I'm drowning trying to get a breath of context, its quite amazing to see his cult of personality with his fans. I enjoy writing to my idols, mainly as an excersize for myself (as I can develop my thoughts with some clarity in a conversational manner), but also it's just enjoyable writing to people you respect and idolize as a 19 year old with hopes in music. With people like David byrne or Bowie(RIP), they had thier own offices in New York I could write to. I'd handwrite a nice letter, stick a 4 leaf clover and a postcard painting in the envelope, stamp and send it. With morrissey, it seems I'm in danger of writing too what I've found to be a very sophisticated group of imposters. It's actually really interesring to see, they enjoy playing the character and I even saw a heavily trafficked blog where they flourished. The man's an enigma, and this cult of personality extends the enigmatic to an extreme. All of that makes a simple Google search for fan mail quite a chore. I highly doubt he has much contact with penguin(the only reliable address) after reading about how he went about publishing wiith them, and without being able to write a private physical letter, I'm hoping an open letter is possible. I can certainly make it so only him and a few other people can read it despite being there for all to see. So it'll work fine and be fun to write.
So thanks for any help! I appreciate his work and it means quite a bit to me personally, but I'm certainly not on the level of being a fan as most of you are. As such I'm hoping your aware of rumors confirmed or unconfirmed that he looks at these forums or other leads. I'm certain he does read here occasionally, i definitely would and he has the ego and curiosity about himself to probably check out what people say here. It looks like he might have played into some of that blue rose stuff for fun early on, before it became an anomalous curiosity of goup mental health. So hopefully someone can confirm my hopes. He's one of the few people I'd have something genuine I'd really like to say, and I understand the odds of him reading it are slim, but I'd rather my letter still go somewhere with odds and not a total dead end. I might as well write it and throw it away if I were to send it to penquin classics for example. So again, i sincerely appreciate any help, have a good one!

No offense - but what makes you think Morrissey wants to read your letter? If it's just adulation, and telling him how much you love his songs and how they have affected your life - he must have heard that several thousand times before, and will probably fall into a coma out of boredom. Can you imagine the amount of crap he must have been bombarded with over the years?

No offense - but what makes you think Morrissey wants to read your letter? If it's just adulation, and telling him how much you love his songs and how they have affected your life - he must have heard that several thousand times before, and will probably fall into a coma out of boredom. Can you imagine the amount of crap he must have been bombarded with over the years?

Maybe but the day the letters stop coming I'm pretty certain they will be missed.

Did he not reply to yours? And no, the letter isn't really as you described. You simply described the definition of fan mail, sure he's affected me but that's a reason for writing and not what's written here. My letter isn't neccasarily about him. Anyways my question is if he's been known to look at fan sites other than true to you.

Did he not reply to yours? And no, the letter isn't really as you described. You simply described the definition of fan mail, sure he's affected me but that's a reason for writing and not what's written here. My letter isn't neccasarily about him. Anyways my question is if he's been known to look at fan sites other than true to you.

I have an idea. You could create a blog and name it: Letters to Morrissey. Eventually, a Google News alert will arrive to his lands and he will read them. It could be a site like the blue rose society but without the weirdness, like Solo without the haters, like All you need without the boredom. You can do it.

Edit: it already exists

http://letterstomoz.com

Last edited:
listen, the thing to do is to write to penguin books, because it states on their website that all letters will be forwarded to authours. how else do you get in contact with your favourite authours than through their publishing house? not that i've ever written any authour (other than that most brilliant and innovative of authours, our moz) before but i did once think of writing milan kundera when i needed advice on a certain matter that i thought only he was capable of giving. (later however, i realized that i didnt know whether he even spoke english or not and who knows, he might be senile now, and lost the lust to write him, and thus, the matter for which i needed advice was never settled, the counsel of those around me being much too inadequate and uninspired)

and yes, i wrote morrissey a letter. ahahah. before i came here. what a juvenile thing to do. im so embarrassed. this is the kind of thing i mean when i say i need to stop doing stuff that embarrasses me later.

listen, the thing to do is to write to penguin books, because it states on their website that all letters will be forwarded to authours. how else do you get in contact with your favourite authours than through their publishing house? not that i've ever written any authour (other than that most brilliant and innovative of authours, our moz) before but i did once think of writing milan kundera when i needed advice on a certain matter that i thought only he was capable of giving. (later however, i realized that i didnt know whether he even spoke english or not and who knows, he might be senile now, and lost the lust to write him, and thus, the matter for which i needed advice was never settled, the counsel of those around me being much too inadequate and uninspired)

and yes, i wrote morrissey a letter. ahahah. before i came here. what a juvenile thing to do. im so embarrassed. this is the kind of thing i mean when i say i need to stop doing stuff that embarrasses me later.

62795539.jpg

you werent the one who asked the question, so in short.... nobody cares that you didnt read it. p.s. are you a dude? the lovely ketamine sun referred to you as a he, and i had always just assumed you were a she by your hag-like personality, not that it really matters in this day and age of agender and all that, dudes can be hags too i suppose

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the answers, they are helpful. I'm also writing to Johnny, he has an open contact form just for people to write him on his sight. Which is great, he can definitely discuss some of the conventional musician questions I have for him. I think of morrissey more as a poet, with an incredibly developed and pure sense of the music in poetry. He has the sense of the literary and dramatic approach to music, which I'd like to develop my ideas towards through a letter(and hopefully but doubtfullly a correspondance.) Again, as an excersize for myself; what better way to develop one's own ideas about a subject than imagining what one would say to a huge influence in that subject. And I'd rather do one better than the equivelant of throwing away those ideas, which you guys have given some helpful suggestions for. So again, i really appreciate it. I was too young to say anything to lou reed, had just finished a letter to bowie and saw on the news he died that night (what horrible timing), and Ian Curtis is unable to read at the moment. Moz is relativiley young and healthy obviously, but life is still short and the sooner the better to not not leave things unsaid. We'll all be fertiliser for cemetery landscaping soon enough. (Always thought about how manicured those lawns are, and got a laugh thinking that resting in peace means turning into soil, then grass and getting mowed by a landscaper every week.) Ok so thanks, Have a good one.

Johnny is easy. You can either write him a message on Facebook or Twitter, or speak to him after almost every show he plays, as unlike Morrissey he usually is happy to stop and speak to fans.

Johnny is easy. You can either write him a message on Facebook or Twitter, or speak to him after almost every show he plays, as unlike Morrissey he usually is happy to stop and speak to fans.
morrissey definitely loves his fans also. I read an interview where he said he loves being embraced by fans and how they actively try to be a part of the show, in contrast to his pop contemporaries' aggressive security and apparent alienation of fans. Still hes a man of contradictions to the bone, he can hate his fans as much as he loves them. He's certainly conscious of love and hate on a higher level, probably to accommodate all that doublethink.

certain he has no fear of that happening. :thumb:

"Remember thee! Remember thee!; Till Lethe quench life's burning stream; Remorse and shame shall cling to thee, And haunt thee like a feverish dream! Remember thee! Ay, doubt it not. Thy husband too shall think of thee! By neither shalt thou be forgot, Thou false to him, thou fiend to me!"

Back
Top Bottom