No statement on TTY - regarding Bowie

secretson

Is it just me or is isn't it strange that there still is no statement from Mozza?
Joan Rivers, Cilla Black, Lou Reed, the Queen, the bullfighter but nothing for the
man who changed popmusic into art? Anyone....?

Re: Statement TTY Bowie

Is it just me or is isn't it strange that there still is no statement from Mozza?
Joan Rivers, Cilla Black, Lou Reed, the Queen, the bullfighter but nothing for the

Is it just me, or is it a bit strange that someone would use the very recent death of David Bowie to slag-off Morrissey?

Perhaps he's waiting on Dirty Little Sam to come up with a fitting 'art' 'work' to illustrate his eulogy.

God help us... :straightface:

What would be REALLY nice would be for Moz to post the full "Cosmic Dancer" duet video. I'd imagine it's something he has access to?

What would be REALLY nice would be for Moz to post the full "Cosmic Dancer" duet video. I'd imagine it's something he has access to?

Agreed; that would be lovely.

i'm quite certain that there are full, pro edited tapes of all that Tim Broad '91 tour footage assembled and laying in wait in somebody's lucky loft.

i suspect vanity may prevail though {the 'Autobiography' reference implies a certain discomfort at DB's fresh imperial suavity while Moz, at the close of 72 minutes of Californian bedlam, looks like a sodden rag ~ a sexy sodden rag to these eyes but nevertheless...}

maybe i'm being horribly cynical, maybe the weight of this moment, and those teenage daydreams, will overcome such silly things.

even if it was released, there would doubtless be some who would accuse him of bad taste {'dance myself into the tomb' etc} but i believe it would be a perfect, fitting, loving tribute. The look & smile the pair exchange when Bowie gets to the front of the stage is priceless {as seen in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' doc, to illustrate the interview section where Moz slags Bowie!}

So we might just get the private '92 linder shot that Bowie blocked for the 'Playboys re-issue sleeve.

Or 'art' 'work'...

Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions.

It will all be speculations on my part but I really think there will be no statement. I can be proven wrong any minute now but that won't bother me. I think it's too personal and emotional for him. I know he will be getting a lot of hostile reactions anyway.
He is used to that. Maybe he will say it though. That it is too emotional and personal for him. I know he has said very unfriendly and almost hateful things about Bowie. But we all know how important he was for MoZ. He loved the man. Love and hate are strongly connected in anybodies mind. We're all humans and our emotions and our inner lives are irrational. It is the same with many MoZ haters here on this side. They love MoZ. Really I believe they do.
Just my two cents.
Gerrit

Moderators, perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to NO Statement TTY Bowie? When there will be a statement just scrap the word "NO" from the title?

He's probably still busy working out the order of preference for the shows on the recent mini-tour of CA and NV. Once he gets that taken care of and posted, perhaps he will write a word or two about Bowie.

Why do people care what Morrissey has to say? What a strange way to live your life.
Maybe he's busy. Maybe he has nothing to say. Maybe he just doesn't want to.
Do you all just remain neutral on everything until Morrissey tells you how to feel?

Why is there an expectation for Moz to make a public statement on Bowie's passing?

There are some hugely famous Bowie fans who have publically kept quiet on the matter. There are some hugely influenced and influential musicians in the same stratosphere as Bowie who haven't made public statements either.

With regards to Moz himself, I don't expect him to make a direct statement about Bowie because I don't think he was somebody Moz would fawn over anymore. It's a virtual certainty that he'll be asked about Bowie in future interviews and I expect he'll say some very pleasant things about the Bowie that inspired him in the early 70s.

Maybe he's made a New Year's resolution not to get drunk on vodka and post stupid shit on TTY that he regrets later? He could well be taking a leaf out of Bowie's book, by staying out of the limelight for few years, and not bombarding us with his every passing thought. Maybe that's his tribute?

I think this one has hit him hard. He idolized Bowie. Bowie covered him. Went on tour, had a falling out. Always thought he could patch things up.

Worked with Tony V so still had an "in" to get back on good terms. Said the bitchy thing on Ross. Still tried to use Bowie in an image for a single release. Duncan Jones mocked him on twitter.

Still, where there was life there was hope.

Ronson dead from cancer.
Bowie dead from cancer.

Morrissey with cancer risk OR Morrissey lying about risk to gain sympathy/empathy/attention for his fragile ego.

Bowie died with an outpouring of love from everyone worldwide with no "real" enemies, while leaving behind a final, solid artistic statement.

Morrissey can't find a record label to support him and considers everyone in media/music/entertainment outside his circle of friends/bandmates his enemies.

Bowie's legacy is set. Morrissey has made huge mistakes in the past couple of years. Much to ponder for Mozzer.

I think this one has hit him hard. He idolized Bowie. Bowie covered him. Went on tour, had a falling out. Always thought he could patch things up.

Worked with Tony V so still had an "in" to get back on good terms. Said the bitchy thing on Ross. Still tried to use Bowie in an image for a single release. Duncan Jones mocked him on twitter.

Still, where there was life there was hope.

Ronson dead from cancer.
Bowie dead from cancer.

Morrissey with cancer risk OR Morrissey lying about risk to gain sympathy/empathy/attention for his fragile ego.

Bowie died with an outpouring of love from everyone worldwide with no "real" enemies, while leaving behind a final, solid artistic statement.

Morrissey can't find a record label to support him and considers everyone in media/music/entertainment outside his circle of friends/bandmates his enemies.

Bowie's legacy is set. Morrissey has made huge mistakes in the past couple of years. Much to ponder for Mozzer.

This. If I were him I wouldn't have said anything, it's too complicated, there's the angle he'd like to take like the other musicians saying things of his impact on them, then there's the bitter angle he's expected to take to justify his hurt feelings/bitchiness about him, then the secret mystical angle he always nods at that fluffs him up, it's all just too complicated. No words speaks volumes, he must be legitimately sad which is a perfect feeling to have. Loss for words so no words...that's how I read it.

Back
Top Bottom