Bona Drag 2xLP reissue

fredkocherpepsi

Interesting...

I'm on my phone and the mobile website doesn't seem to have a tracklisting or much else in the way of information. Is there anything more on the full-site?

Also, if this album is really getting re-issued on vinyl again, it seems a bit unnecessary, especially considering Quarry, Southpaw, Ringleaders, and Maladjusted have been out of print in this format for ages and are long overdue for anyvinyl reissues

Last edited:
Interesting...

I'm on my phone and the mobile website doesn't seem to have a tracklisting or much else in the way of information. Is there anything more on the full-site?

Also, if this album is really getting re-issued on vinyl again, it seems a bit unnecessary, especially considering Quarry, Southpaw, Ringleaders, and Maladjusted have been out of print in this format for ages and are long overdue for anyvinyl reissues

I agree, it's redundant at this point.

I can't find the track-listing from this site and nothing came up from a quick Googling of the UPC code.

I don't think it's anything more than a reprint of a reissue.
EMI, who released this back in 2010, sold the assets of their Parlophone catalog to Warner Music, who are listed as the label on this one.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's just what we are after.

Stop milking the back catalogue and start making some new f***ing music. Something challenging, something stimulating, something inspired rather than the same tepid songwriting-by-numbers. Stop moaning about labels and the industry. Invigorate yourself and your band to create something wonderful. Get rid of anyone incapable of achieving this. Ged rid of your own petulance, your own conceit, your bloated sense of entitlement that you're owed record contracts skewed in your favour.

You have the ability to write wondrous lyrics capturing the desires, heartbreaks and furies of the world and yourself. You have the appeal and status to attract songwriters and musicians capable of creating much better musically. You're stuck in a Dad-rock rut with often tired, lazy lyrics and very little musical innovation and creativity on show. Go and write your magnum opus and then worry about your precious record deals.

Have a listen to Blackstar. Or when you're on your way out, will you be releasing the definitive edition of Ringleader of the Tormentors with a couple of tracks swapped for some mildly turgid dross?

Wake your f***ing talent up please.

Stop milking the back catalogue and start making some new f***ing music. Something challenging, something stimulating, something inspired rather than the same tepid songwriting-by-numbers. Stop moaning about labels and the industry. Invigorate yourself and your band to create something wonderful. Get rid of anyone incapable of achieving this. Ged rid of your own petulance, your own conceit, your bloated sense of entitlement that you're owed record contracts skewed in your favour.

You have the ability to write wondrous lyrics capturing the desires, heartbreaks and furies of the world and yourself. You have the appeal and status to attract songwriters and musicians capable of creating much better musically. You're stuck in a Dad-rock rut with often tired, lazy lyrics and very little musical innovation and creativity on show. Go and write your magnum opus and then worry about your precious record deals.

Have a listen to Blackstar. Or when you're on your way out, will you be releasing the definitive edition of Ringleader of the Tormentors with a couple of tracks swapped for some mildly turgid dross?

...you do know that he probably had nothing to do with this reissue, right?

Otherwise, he'd be, y'know, promoting it.

...you do know that he probably had nothing to do with this reissue, right?

Otherwise, he'd be, y'know, promoting it.

It's not out for another month and a half. Give him time to flog it.

Morrissey may not directly approve the release but he's not going to squander the chance of another paycheck.

Isn't it about time we had another Greatest Hits compilation? Easier than writing a f***ing meaningful song.

Post of the year so far, I'd say.

It's not out for another month and a half. Give him time to flog it.

Morrissey may not directly approve the release but he's not going to squander the chance of another paycheck.

Isn't it about time we had another Greatest Hits compilation? Easier than writing a f***ing meaningful song.

typo - 'Greatest Shits'

It is interesting that "Ouija Board" was considered a flop. Being in the US where none of these singles were hits at the time anyway, I hadn't realized until much later. It's a great song with an excellent video. If it were released today I wonder how fans would react.

Back
Top Bottom