Las Vegas, NV - The Joint (Jan. 2, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Speedway / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Action Is My Middle Name / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Ganglord / You'll Be Gone / Reader Meet Author / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Oboe Concerto / Jack The Ripper / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You / The Queen Is Dead // Suedehead

setlist provided by FDR.

• Review: This charming man — Morrissey gives (most) fans what they want at the Joint by Don Chareunsy, photos by Mikayla Whitmore (15 total) - Las Vegas Sun

lasvegas2.jpg
  • MORRISSEY RETURNS TO LAS VEGAS WITH AN INSPIRED PERFORMANCE by Mike Prevatt (4 / 5 stars) - Las Vegas Weekly
  • Hip Hip, Hooray for Morrissey! by Ian Caramanzana (4 / 5 stars), photos by Krystal Ramirez (10 total) - Vegas Seven
  • Photo posted by an anonymous person:

lasvegas.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
Without a doubt, one of the worst of the 50+ shows of his I've seen over the years. Brutal setlist and careless pacing, the latter possibly being a bigger issue than the frankly joyless song selection. By the time he got to a decent song, we'd trudged through so many midtempo mediocrities that it was hard to feel excited. Looking at the setlists and performances of tours from even just a few years ago, you see what a raw deal the fans in 2016 are getting. Structurally, it all reminds me quite a bit of the Maladjusted tour: a stubborn and subpar chore of a concert that was remedied a couple years later by the more joyous and interesting Oye Esteban sets.

Hopefully, Moz takes a couple years off and comes back with the more celebratory, well-paced show that we all know he's still capable of performing.

It is interesting that the comments on this site are much more negative about Morrissey's recent albums than the music press have been.

It makes me smile that nowadays there seems to be plenty of nostalgia for the likes of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted when, at the time of release, these were the albums that almost killed Morrissey's career stone dead.

I was at this show and really enjoyed the Southpaw Grammar tunes along with Alma Matters. The crowd sure has changed since the "Kill Uncle" days. I was encircled by fired up and aggravated younger fans who just wanted to bum rush anyone in front of them. Some people around me were telling me that mosh pits are common these days at Morrissey shows especially in L.A. Mosh pits and Morrissey... hmm; never thought I'd hear those two terms uttered together to describe a Morrissey show. Slayer maybe.

he cant retire he has no record contract, no book contract, no money.

' The point I am making is that NO secured a seal '

Ya sure N.Order could secure a seal ? Sorry mate, don't think the seal would have them ! :lbf:

even a seal has better taste in music, unlike you !!! ;)

Oh dear, is that the best you can do, its pretty clear you have no idea what goes on outside of Morrisseys world so I will leave you to it. Make sure you remove and wash your Morrissey phallus now and again, wouldn't like you to get an infection in your nether regions.

My first Morrissey show out west...people out there are really aggro...I heard a certain someone was biting people in the front..if so, I can't believe no one pressed charges for assault.

My first Morrissey show out west...people out there are really aggro...I heard a certain someone was biting people in the front..if so, I can't believe no one pressed charges for assault.

Security tried to remove that certain someone I saw, but somehow that certain someone's right to ruin shows for others is protected by another certain someone.

Without a doubt, one of the worst of the 50+ shows of his I've seen over the years. Brutal setlist and careless pacing, the latter possibly being a bigger issue than the frankly joyless song selection. By the time he got to a decent song, we'd trudged through so many midtempo mediocrities that it was hard to feel excited. Looking at the setlists and performances of tours from even just a few years ago, you see what a raw deal the fans in 2016 are getting. Structurally, it all reminds me quite a bit of the Maladjusted tour: a stubborn and subpar chore of a concert that was remedied a couple years later by the more joyous and interesting Oye Esteban sets.

Hopefully, Moz takes a couple years off and comes back with the more celebratory, well-paced show that we all know he's still capable of performing.

Are you kiddin mate? The set-list, and choice of songs, was absolutely brilliant. To each his own, but for me, I could not have asked for a more delightful choice of solo and Smiths songs for all three of the US gigs.

Security tried to remove that certain someone I saw, but somehow that certain someone's right to ruin shows for others is protected by another certain someone.

That certain someone WAS removed by security, she was biting people, shoving her hands on people's faces to get to the front, and pushing. I know she was removed because security tried to lift her dead weight out of the pit and I had to help them... So no, her "right" to ruin the show for others was not protected.

That certain someone WAS removed by security, she was biting people, shoving her hands on people's faces to get to the front, and pushing. I know she was removed because security tried to lift her dead weight out of the pit and I had to help them... So no, her "right" to ruin the show for others was not protected.

This makes me happy

I promised a review, so here it is. Not been long back in England. Went to LA and Vegas shows.

Loved them both but in different ways. LA was seated, Vegas down the front.

Not as boistrous as expected, compared to Hull, Hammersmith, Birmingham etc, very mild and tame indeed, expected much more energy and aggression that just wasn't forthcoming.

LA, I thought Moz was in great spirits and it was an enjoyable night, not much more than that really. Predictable set but I had a decent seat. 7/10.

Vegas was much better, standing is a must for me to see Moz and I had a VIP line pass with my hotel package, which I wasn't aware of until I collected the tickets just after 5pm on the day of the gig. Obviously, this changed my plan for the evening as getting in line (as its described in the US) was now not necessary.

I got in the lift or elevator to get the tickets and who was in the lift?? No, not Morrissey but Jesse Tobias, I introduced myself as Richard from London, to which he replied, that's a long way to come for a concert. I said, well its Morrissey and..........I didn't get any further, we had reached the ground floor and I found that I was talking to myself as he was gone as soon as the doors opened. Fair enough I suppose, he did shake my hand though.

The gig was good, I really enjoyed it, surprised at the lack of bumps and kicks as I was two from the barrier but I took some great pictures and similar setlist, which I expected but clearly a lot of people didn't and were dissappointed.

At the end, I was right in line with the shirt toss and grabbed a piece with both hands. It was crazy but I was determined not to let go. Then I was wrestled to the floor and told to go but I didn't let go, a Hispanic girl tried to move in on my piece but I didn't let go. She's a girl they cried but I didn't let go, it was mine and I had earned it, thousands of miles and now pain, I'm still bruised. I offered to split with her, I could see she was backed my some guys but she wanted to take the whole piece. No way, not fair.

Its on my wall in a frame. 10/10

I promised a review, so here it is. Not been long back in England. Went to LA and Vegas shows.

Loved them both but in different ways. LA was seated, Vegas down the front.

Not as boistrous as expected, compared to Hull, Hammersmith, Birmingham etc, very mild and tame indeed, expected much more energy and aggression that just wasn't forthcoming.

LA, I thought Moz was in great spirits and it was an enjoyable night, not much more than that really. Predictable set but I had a decent seat. 7/10.

Vegas was much better, standing is a must for me to see Moz and I had a VIP line pass with my hotel package, which I wasn't aware of until I collected the tickets just after 5pm on the day of the gig. Obviously, this changed my plan for the evening as getting in line (as its described in the US) was now not necessary.

I got in the lift or elevator to get the tickets and who was in the lift?? No, not Morrissey but Jesse Tobias, I introduced myself as Richard from London, to which he replied, that's a long way to come for a concert. I said, well its Morrissey and..........I didn't get any further, we had reached the ground floor and I found that I was talking to myself as he was gone as soon as the doors opened. Fair enough I suppose, he did shake my hand though.

The gig was good, I really enjoyed it, surprised at the lack of bumps and kicks as I was two from the barrier but I took some great pictures and similar setlist, which I expected but clearly a lot of people didn't and were dissappointed.

At the end, I was right in line with the shirt toss and grabbed a piece with both hands. It was crazy but I was determined not to let go. Then I was wrestled to the floor and told to go but I didn't let go, a Hispanic girl tried to move in on my piece but I didn't let go. She's a girl they cried but I didn't let go, it was mine and I had earned it, thousands of miles and now pain, I'm still bruised. I offered to split with her, I could see she was backed my some guys but she wanted to take the whole piece. No way, not fair.

Its on my wall in a frame. 10/10

All that way and all you've brought back is how boisterous it wasn't, talking to his guitarist in the lift and the piece of his shirt? Not much about Morrissey in your review.... Sorry if I sound mean, Im not trying to be just sounds as though you went just to go rather than go. If I went I would have been khbjgvfhcgjbhnhksbhndskhbdgbxhkbshxnkh

By Don Chareunsy (contact)
Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016 | 11:58 p.m.
"............. performed a glorious nearly two-hour concert of mostly unknown material, ..."
???

All that way and all you've brought back is how boisterous it wasn't, talking to his guitarist in the lift and the piece of his shirt? Not much about Morrissey in your review.... Sorry if I sound mean, Im not trying to be just sounds as though you went just to go rather than go. If I went I would have been khbjgvfhcgjbhnhksbhndskhbdgbxhkbshxnkh
Fair enough, it was a bit rushed. I loved both concerts and I absolutely loved LA in general as well. What a great place, bright and it felt like the centre of the planet.

Morrissey was on great form on both nights, very talkative and he put everything into the songs. Plenty of chat and a few jokes, the one about the dude being drunk on New Years Eve was particularly funny and perfectly delivered as only Morrissey can.

I felt his parting shot in Vegas, "The problem with hello, is GOODBYE", he was toying with the crowd somewhat. He then went on to slightly change the lyrics of Suedehead, to "Why did you come here and why did you hang around" whilst clearly questioning what all the fuss about himself is and why so many have stayed loyal over the years.

I sincerely hope he carries on, nothing much left when he's gone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom