Las Vegas, NV - The Joint (Jan. 2, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Speedway / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Action Is My Middle Name / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Ganglord / You'll Be Gone / Reader Meet Author / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Oboe Concerto / Jack The Ripper / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You / The Queen Is Dead // Suedehead

setlist provided by FDR.

• Review: This charming man — Morrissey gives (most) fans what they want at the Joint by Don Chareunsy, photos by Mikayla Whitmore (15 total) - Las Vegas Sun

lasvegas2.jpg
  • MORRISSEY RETURNS TO LAS VEGAS WITH AN INSPIRED PERFORMANCE by Mike Prevatt (4 / 5 stars) - Las Vegas Weekly
  • Hip Hip, Hooray for Morrissey! by Ian Caramanzana (4 / 5 stars), photos by Krystal Ramirez (10 total) - Vegas Seven
  • Photo posted by an anonymous person:

lasvegas.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Maybe he would give his right testicle for the success that they're enjoying at the moment. But he would not give one electron for the talent they have... that's if they have or ever had any ...talent to begin with! You old fodder-loving cretin ! ;)

+
'What did Morrissey achieve in 15?' ? Well, He's alive and playing shows...and for this the human race should be forever grateful. yes yes yes!

Christ you really are a cretin, you clearly know nothing about music. Check out the biggest selling 12 inch single of all time. Btw, you do realise that Morrissey is only 4 years younger than New Orders singer, 2 years younger than the drummer and 2 years older than the keyboard player.

Last edited:
Dear me how people forget. Last year New Order (July to be precise, Chicago) were playing a set list that looked like this....Elegia, Crystal, Transmission, Singularity, Ceremony, Age of Consent, Your Silent Face, Cali Grass, Bizarre Love Triangle, Plastic, True Faith, Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday, Temptation, Atmosphere, Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Talk about bloody nostalgia would ya'. With the exception of Plastic/Cali Grass/Singularity the rest of the stuff is at least 10 years + old. And you're having a pop at Morrissey. You're 'avin a laugh!

Not necessarily a pop at Morrissey, have seen him numerous times and have enjoyed every show. It's a post aimed at Cretamines one eyed view of the world. The point I am making is that NO secured a seal and there is no reason why Morrissey couldn't, if he kept his gob shut and focused on writing quality music as he done in the past.

Their new set list contains 5 tracks off their new album

Last edited:
I have it from a very good source that EMI offered him that deal, and he turned them down.

the good source must be a dream you had. if such a thing were true hed still be crowing about it on tty.
never will emi offer him anything.

CXz6ZLGVAAAl-sx.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of necklace he is wearing, or what it symbolizes? I'm curious. It seems like Morrissey likes to wear a lot of otherworldly/spiritual jewelry.

I don't know, but I think you nailed it with the spiritual part. I've enjoyed seeing all the various jewelry pieces throughout this past tour time. As a side note, killer shirt...love it.

Last edited:
Not necessarily a pop at Morrissey, have seen him numerous times and have enjoyed every show. It's a post aimed at Cretamines one eyed view of the world. The point I am making is that NO secured a seal and there is no reason why Morrissey couldn't, if he kept his gob shut and focused on writing quality music as he done in the past.

Their new set list contains 5 tracks off their new album

Why should he "kept his gob shut" after 30+ years of successful career? He should be able to demand, at least, freedom of expression. He always has been true to himself:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-in-here-for-your-pleasure?highlight=scotland

Why should he "kept his gob shut" after 30+ years of successful career? He should be able to demand, at least, freedom of expression. He always has been true to himself:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-in-here-for-your-pleasure?highlight=scotland

This is my view - in the past his comments would be read in music mags etc by his fans (including me) and non fans never got to see them as you had to seek them out - now they get posted all over the internet and end up in the national press which leads to all sorts of shit in the comments sections, these are then seen by record company execs who then start to think, christ this guy is toxic - we had better not to sign him.

Out of interest, what do you think the reasons for him not being able to get a deal are?

This is my view - in the past his comments would be read in music mags etc by his fans (including me) and non fans never got to see them as you had to seek them out - now they get posted all over the internet and end up in the national press which leads to all sorts of shit in the comments sections, these are then seen by record company execs who then start to think, christ this guy is toxic - we had better not to sign him.

Out of interest, what do you think the reasons for him not being able to get a deal are?

I'm sure it's not about money. I agree, his words are toxic: poison to the RATS

I don't think his comments are a big factor at all and non-fans very much got to see a lot of his comments in the 80s and 90s.

Morrissey has admitted he is difficult to manage and he is clearly hard work for a record company to deal with. He has already been at most record companies and left when things didn't go as he wished. Plus his stint at Harvest obviously ended disastrously. It is not exactly surprising that he finds it difficult to get a deal.

You are one spoiled brat. To me he is someone whose music I not only love, but need. I need to listen to him every day. He has been on my bucket list for a while and finally was able to get to LA to see him for the first time. Now I am on my way home to the frozen land of Canada, and back to the hamster-wheel life of a regular person. Oh, and the blues are already setting in. There are people out there that truly love him. I have a great appreciation for his music, his life choices and find him extremely funny and entertaining. I would feel really sad if he decided to retire. So, AztecCamera, consider yourself a lucky son-of-a-bitch.

Nicole?

I attended the three shows in CA and NV over New Years. Each show was good, and each had a few songs of variation that made them unique. I’d say Las Vegas was the best of the bunch – crowd was up for it and a Saturday night in Vegas is always interesting. Great to hear “Reader Meet Author”. And the general vibe of the Hard Rock is cool, and the new (to me) Joint is far bigger and better laid-out than the old one, which had the ambiance of a high school lunch room. Better now and the place was packed.

Second best was San Francisco. And I’d rank LA in third place, per my ranting about it on another thread as the show was occurring. However, in retrospect I think my general dissatisfaction with that show had more to do with other factors than it did Morrissey’s performance. First, big arena shows are just very stale by nature. There is zero warmth to the atmosphere, even if you are on the floor (which I was) and can get a decent spot. Second, it’s New Year’s Eve and they closed the bars down at 9:30. So during “World Peace Is None of Your Business” I quickly ran to the lobby to grab a drink and was out of luck. And lastly, the area of town where the show was had pretty much no options nearby for before-or-after show comradery (minus a hotel lobby bar next door which was packed before the show but closed afterwards). I enjoy the social aspect of attending shows in other cities nearly as much as the concert itself. Sometimes even moreso. And I have met a lot of nice people over the years, this trip no exception. So to be cast out on the street at 10:45 p.m. on New Years Eve with nowhere to go ended the night on a flat note, for me anyways. Good thing Vegas made up for it…..

I will echo comments from others I’ve scanned on here – as great as the band sounds, the shows do tend to run out of steam about 2/3 of the way through, due to song selection and overall pacing. Obviously I know every single song and lyric, but it is quite clear that many do not. So when Morrissey strings together 5-6 new/obscure/mid-tempo songs in a row, the energy level in the room does sink. And people start looking at their phones. This is undeniable to anyone not crammed up against the barrier. But, Morrissey does what he does, and always will.

In any event, a very solid end to a long run of nearly incident-free touring activity in 2014/2105 for Morrissey. We’ll have to see what the future holds.

Last edited:
I miss him already...come back to LA if you get bored. And get on twitter so we can chat with you. Luf you Mozzers

I attended the three shows in CA and NV over New Years. Each show was good, and each had a few songs of variation that made them unique. I’d say Las Vegas was the best of the bunch – crowd was up for it and a Saturday night in Vegas is always interesting. Great to hear “Reader Meet Author”. And the general vibe of the Hard Rock is cool, and the new (to me) Joint is far bigger and better laid-out than the old one, which had the ambiance of a high school lunch room. Better now and the place was packed.

Second best was San Francisco. And I’d rank LA in third place, per my ranting about it on another thread as the show was occurring. However, in retrospect I think my general dissatisfaction with that show had more to do with other factors than it did Morrissey’s performance. First, big arena shows are just very stale by nature. There is zero warmth to the atmosphere, even if you are on the floor (which I was) and can get a decent spot. Second, it’s New Year’s Eve and they closed the bars down at 9:30. So during “World Peace Is None of Your Business” I quickly ran to the lobby to grab a drink and was out of luck. And lastly, the area of town where the show was had pretty much no options nearby for before-or-after show comradery (minus a hotel lobby bar next door which was packed before the show but closed afterwards). I enjoy the social aspect of attending shows in other cities nearly as much as the concert itself. Sometimes even moreso. And I have met a lot of nice people over the years, this trip no exception. So to be cast out on the street at 10:45 p.m. on New Years Eve with nowhere to go ended the night on a flat note, for me anyways. Good thing Vegas made up for it…..

I will echo comments from others I’ve scanned on here – as great as the band sounds, the shows do tend to run out of steam about 2/3 of the way through, due to song selection and overall pacing. Obviously I know every single song and lyric, but it is quite clear that many do not. So when Morrissey strings together 5-6 new/obscure/mid-tempo songs in a row, the energy level in the room does sink. And people start looking at their phones. This is undeniable to anyone not crammed up against the barrier. But, Morrissey does what he does, and always will.

In any event, a very solid end to a long run of nearly incident-free touring activity in 2014/2105 for Morrissey. We’ll have to see what the future holds.

Thanks for your post & review, really like it. And agree that additionally to a good Morrissey concert also meeting nice people before & after the show finally makes it a perfect evening. I also atended shows where I felt a bit lost when it was over and there was no after show party or nice bar around...
Was thinking a lot about getting over to US for the first time, to attend the LA and Vegas shows - finally dropped the idea as I hate airplanes and being in there for so many hours frightened me too much ;)
So - have to wait & hope that he returns to Europe soon.

Good show, but wanted A light the never goes out, Tomorrow, This charming man, How soon is now? and what is up with all the Latino and Spanish words and such, I get it he has a large Latino following but don't ram it down our throats for heaven's sake, remember the fans that have been with you since the Smiths. Also all the "political" digs I know he has his opinions as do we all, but why not just sing and entertain us? Still he is the man and I love the guy and his music!!

I think the rumors of retirement are just that, we haven't seen the last of Morrissey.

Thanks for your reviews. I was unable to make any of the shows due to work and illness but I empathized with your sentiment about New Year's Eve in University Park. If I were there I would've hopped on the Metro Expo Line right outside the front door to the party downtown. Surprised the beers stopped at 9:30, that's just weird. :squiffy: Would've loved to have heard Reader Meet Author live. I'm not a huge fan of Vegas but that would've made up for being there. His pics look great, he's obviously very healthy and enjoying life with the company he keeps. I'm happy for him and proud of him for dealing with weird hurdles I don't think we see a lot of.

Good show, but wanted A light the never goes out, Tomorrow, This charming man, How soon is now? and what is up with all the Latino and Spanish words and such, I get it he has a large Latino following but don't ram it down our throats for heaven's sake, remember the fans that have been with you since the Smiths. Also all the "political" digs I know he has his opinions as do we all, but why not just sing and entertain us? Still he is the man and I love the guy and his music!!

Perhaps you attended the wrong show dear. Wasn't Britney playing at Caesars?

If you want to see a Pop Star(s), who has absolutely nothing to say, well...you have your pick from just about everyone who puts anything out nowadays. However, you choose to see one of the most iconic politically, and socially, aware rock/pop stars on the planet, but expect him to have no opinion on current affairs? I guess you don't listen to his lyrics. I think it's refreshing and meaningful that Mozzers has something to say which makes me take action!

As for what you wrote...."what's up with all the Latino and Spanish words"...that's just plain and simple ignorance!

BTW - the name on the door is Morrissey, not The Smiths.

I think the rumors of retirement are just that, we haven't seen the last of Morrissey.

His pics look great, he's obviously very healthy and enjoying life with the company he keeps. I'm happy for him and proud of him for dealing with weird hurdles I don't think we see a lot of.

hear! hear!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom