Rio de Janeiro - Metropolitan (Nov. 24, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / This Charming Man / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / The Bullfighter Dies / You'll Be Gone / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / First Of The Gang To Die / The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by EarlG5.

• Photos at Morrissey Brasil (11 total). Link posted by Veri Morrissey.

Morrissey-Brasil-MetropolitanRJ10.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Rio de Janeiro - Citibank Hall (Nov. 24, 2015) post-show

Great show, setlist and crowd. Morrissey and the band seem to enjoy the Brazilian crowds. There was one stage invader that was promptly returned to the audience. Morrissey autographed several items for fans. Add of course the obligatory shirt toss. All-in-all a great evening. Here's the setlist as I noted during the show and posted at setlist.fm. I think it is correct but I'm not sure if there was a song between Everyday is Like Sunday and What She Said.

Setlist:
Suedehead
Alma Matters
This Charming Man
(The Smiths song)
You Have Killed Me
Speedway
Ganglord
World Peace Is None of Your Business
How Soon Is Now?
(The Smiths song)
Kiss Me a Lot
Istanbul
Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed
One of Our Own
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
The Bullfighter Dies
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
Oboe Concerto
Meat Is Murder
(The Smiths song)
Everyday Is Like Sunday
What She Said
(The Smiths song)

Encore:
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
First of the Gang to Die
The Queen Is Dead
(The Smiths song)

Last edited:

Great show, setlist and crowd. Morrissey and the band seem to enjoy the Brazilian crowds. There was one stage invader that was promptly returned to the audience. Morrissey autographed several items for fans.

thanks for taking the time to post your show info and setlist. i'm a moz first-timer, seeing him new year's eve in LA and then two nights later in vegas. not sure what to come prepared with for trying to get an autograph, nor where to go to try and get an autograph. any videos i've seen don't show him doing anything but reaching (when possible) to the crowd during songs to touch/shake hands. any suggestions would be welcome. if you'd prefer to answer privately, please reply with your email and i'll contact you. thanks again! this will be a real dream for me. i was so afraid i'd die without ever getting to see him. although i'm not young, i have the misfortune of only having discovered him a couple months ago when it was too late to see him in the u.s. (at the time), and facing the reality that he may stop touring (or other issues that may prevent future shows). i could die pretty darn happy if i were able to get an autograph. thanks much!

He played Jack the ripper, didn't he?

Yes, I missed that song in my list. Jack the Ripper was after Everyday is Like Sunday. Also You'll Be Gone was after The Bullfighter Dies. Here is the corrected list:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / This Charming Man / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / The Bullfighter Dies / You'll Never Know / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack the Ripper/ What She Said // I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / First Of The Gang To Die / The Queen Is Dead

Thanks for the correction!

Yes, I missed that song in my list. Jack the Ripper was after Everyday is Like Sunday. Also You'll Be Gone was after The Bullfighter Dies. Here is the corrected list:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / This Charming Man / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / The Bullfighter Dies / You'll Never Know / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack the Ripper/ What She Said // I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / First Of The Gang To Die / The Queen Is Dead

Thanks for the correction!

Anytime, my friend.
I understand it's not easy to remember all the songs and the right order.

24 songs!!!! 1 hour and 47 minutes. That must be a record both in number of songs and duration. Could I be right? And I was there. Morrissey was in top form. He sang beautifully throughout the set. And the band was kicking ass big time.

Unforgettable concert.

At a certain time Morrissey said something like he had always heard that people who spent their teenage years stuck in a bedroom reading were supposedly more intelligent and sensitive than those who didn't. Then he said "that is not true".

thanks for taking the time to post your show info and setlist. i'm a moz first-timer, seeing him new year's eve in LA and then two nights later in vegas. not sure what to come prepared with for trying to get an autograph, nor where to go to try and get an autograph. any videos i've seen don't show him doing anything but reaching (when possible) to the crowd during songs to touch/shake hands. any suggestions would be welcome. if you'd prefer to answer privately, please reply with your email and i'll contact you. thanks again! this will be a real dream for me. i was so afraid i'd die without ever getting to see him. although i'm not young, i have the misfortune of only having discovered him a couple months ago when it was too late to see him in the u.s. (at the time), and facing the reality that he may stop touring (or other issues that may prevent future shows). i could die pretty darn happy if i were able to get an autograph. thanks much!

A cd.

You could wait as close to the back of venue entrance as the security will allow, although in the USA and Europe Morrissey almost never stops to sign things (or even chat, or anything) with fans hanging around. Straight out of the bus and into the venue, and straight out again after the gig.

Based on recent evidence, your best bet at this stage would be to get to the front row and hold out a copy of List of the Lost and a pen, as he has signed a few of these. Of course, to get to the barrier in LA you will probably need to queue up about 2 days before the show...

24 songs..
3 song encore

lucky dogs!

the hotel or restaurant is where you have the best shot at get something signed

At a certain time Morrissey said something like he had always heard that people who spent their teenage years stuck in a bedroom reading were supposedly more intelligent and sensitive than those who didn't. Then he said "that is not true".

Correct, that's what he said. You could sense the dark cloud hanging over him from his performance last night. He was not as upbeat as he was at the Santiago gig. With the recent affairs he must feel disappointed with himself and questions just about everything he's done. I feel like that when I feel low, remember every lowest point of my life, going back to it, analyzing, scrutinizing. He can be very hard on himself and probably feels he is his best friend and worst enemy. He is not exactly the average Joe, but that is why people love him so much. For his ups and downs, highs and lows. Unfortunately, he doesn't appreciate it. You can see the audiences across the world are lining up, happy to see him, touch him, want to be close to him, but he won't acknowledge that he is well liked. He sees only the dark side, the negativity, the critics, haters, trolls. Be kind to yourself, nobody else will.

You could wait as close to the back of venue entrance as the security will allow, although in the USA and Europe Morrissey almost never stops to sign things (or even chat, or anything) with fans hanging around. Straight out of the bus and into the venue, and straight out again after the gig.

Based on recent evidence, your best bet at this stage would be to get to the front row and hold out a copy of List of the Lost and a pen, as he has signed a few of these. Of course, to get to the barrier in LA you will probably need to queue up about 2 days before the show...

Too bad. I had high hopes to get an autograph as well, but what you've just said, there won't be a chance. I am seeing him for the first time in my life at the LA venue. Bought my tickets in advance to get as close to the stage, but got only 12th row. Oh well, at least I will see him from afar. I re-discovered him after 20 years or so by stumbling upon the San Fran airport groping incident news. I was a fan of the Smiths, then bought Viva Hate and Bona Drag. Then forgot about him for 15 years. In last 4 months I've been literally obsessed. Bought all the albums between Bona Drag and World Peace, saw every docs/interview on Youtube, bought the autobiography. BTW I am travelling all the way from British Columbia to see him in LA. With his health problems and announcements that he will stop touring I was willing to go to see him in Argentina. But luckily he added last 3 gigs to his tour in the US. I would not forgive myself if I didn't see him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom