São Paulo - Citibank Hall (Nov. 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / You'll Be Gone / I'm Not A Man / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Smiler With Knife / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Kiss Me A Lot / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by an anonymous person and ThievesLikeUs.

• Photo from @celso_tavares / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

sao_paolo_2.jpg

Last edited:
He should be beating off the record company offers with a shitty stick, but it's just not happening. Why?

Skinny, you seem to be a pretty bright guy -ish. You should know as well as anyone who has followed music/the music industry as long as we have that nowadays, the lack of a contract is less about the artist and more about a changed industry. Don't you know this? Who says Morrissey isn't beating off the record company's poor offers? He wants a respectable offer and WILL NOT COMPROMISE. Morrissey wants offers similar to what he's received in the past and why not? He is proven. The record companies just won't, or can't, do it anymore. Record companies are nothing but furniture companies, thieves preying upon artists. (See video below.) Music really only exists in the live scene and bars. The ones they sign are the ones they can take full advantage of and without complaints. These are not artists, these are SLAVES. Morrissey is not. I'm surprised you don't understand this. Illegal downloading/file sharing is why Morrissey doesn't have the contract he wants. It has nothing to do with any kind of dimming star as Morrissey is just as compelling as he was when he released Hand In Glove. Possibly the only thing M could be accused of, realistically, is not transitioning into the adult contemporary market which I'm sure he views as death on death because of his love of pop music, but pop music is a problem as he ages. Record companies care about shifting units and new audiences, the college crowd won't do forever. I don't know.

I plan to say this to Brummie in another response, but I'll say it here too. Many of you, like Amy, Brummie, you, you know, all the detractors have lost your way, you still, if ever, do not understand Morrissey. I'm not saying I do, necessarily, but I feel I have a better vibe of who he is and who he is, is actually really quite simple. Morrissey has been telling us who he is (sex, politics, etc.) FOR YEARS, we have only but to listen. Morrissey is a rebel, a punk. I'm not talking about phony punks and rebels that dress the part, a REAL punk/rebel, authentic. He has been true to this since day one. These idiots who claim Morrissey isn't sweet and nice like The Smiths days are fools. He is the same. Sex Pistols aren't punk; they faded. Morrissey remains. The punk movement faded. Morrissey remains, the last punk of music, perhaps, The King of Punk and this is why he doesn't have a record contract. Take note for the future so I don't have to explain this to you again. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey is a rebel, a punk. I'm not talking about phony punks and rebels that dress the part, a REAL punk/rebel, authentic.

Right. Morrissey is a 'punk', and that's why he won't go the DIY route, or sign with an independent record label, but is only willing to consider offers from majors. Yeah, he's really 'authentic'. Gimme a freakin' break.

Right. Morrissey is a 'punk', and that's why he won't go the DIY route, or sign with an independent record label, but is only willing to consider offers from majors. Yeah, he's really 'authentic'. Gimme a freakin' break.

Oh I see, he should go DIY or sign with an independent so he can be IGNORED? Good idea. He knows he can do more damage on a major and they know this too and that's why they're scared. Can you name someone authentic? Please don't say Johnny Phony Maher.

tumblr_m81ek6PJ6S1qef5m5o1_500.gif

moz a punk?LOL
latest events must have short circuited mozbot central. punks dont wear star trex shirs to start with.

Morrissey is so punk, authentic and down with the kids that he employs a servant to grind salt on his chips. He's like, so edgy man. What a rebel.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom