Morrissey's image and quote being used by BNP on Facebook

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
An anonymous person writes:

...came across this on Facebook tonight 11:45pm GMT 5.11.15.

I don't know if you are UK based but the BNP are a far right racist organisation, and I wouldn't imagine that Morrissey would be pleased to know his image is being used in this way.

British National Party - Facebook page post - November 4

The BNP is the ONLY political party you can TRUST to protect our precious and unique British Identity

Join the British National Party today, call now on 0844 809 4581 or join online here:

https://www.bnp.org.uk/signups/membership-direct-debit

british_national_party_fb.jpg

Re: Morrisey's image and quote being used by BNP on Facebook

They've used that graphic/quotation before, unfortunately.

what he said

what he said. he left the uk and wont tour again.
moz has had his issue with racist talk in the past, and lately with obama.

It is not racist per se to criticise Obama. Morrissey's comments are in regards to his policies not his race.

but he did criticize his race tho, he said Obama didn't look black enough. That his features where as white as a black person get. He really needs to shut his mouth when talking about race in my opinion

This is not about Obama.

The fact is that a far right organization can use a thing Morrissey actually said with no modification and it fits right in with their message. You would have to be stupid not to see that Morrissey is, if not racist, clearly xenophobic. It fits in nicely with his other social phobias.

but he did criticize his race tho, he said Obama didn't look black enough. That his features where as white as a black person get. He really needs to shut his mouth when talking about race in my opinion

And you need to er maybe get a life, hobby, job? Maybe you should listen to his songs more and you won't be such an ass.

This is not about Obama.

The fact is that a far right organization can use a thing Morrissey actually said with no modification and it fits right in with their message. You would have to be stupid not to see that Morrissey is, if not racist, clearly xenophobic. It fits in nicely with his other social phobias.

I agree, i Love the man but he clearly is xenophobic.......bit of a wanker too.

That's not actually what he said at all, but okay.

“The final point about Obama,” Morrissey added, “is that he doesn’t look overly African black. He’s as close to soft, whiteness as someone who isn’t white could get, and I often wonder if he would have been elected if he had a stronger, more African-black face? It’s a point.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...t-america.html

but he actually said that tho

- - - Updated - - -

And you need to er maybe get a life, hobby, job? Maybe you should listen to his songs more and you won't be such an ass.

but he actually said that tho. You should be mad at morrissey for saying racist stuff instead js :)

I agree, i Love the man but he clearly is xenophobic.......bit of a wanker too.

true. he said obama was white on the inside. thats sounds a little racist to me.
have you ever seen moz dating a black dude? all white.

“The final point about Obama,” Morrissey added, “is that he doesn’t look overly African black. He’s as close to soft, whiteness as someone who isn’t white could get, and I often wonder if he would have been elected if he had a stronger, more African-black face? It’s a point.”

- - - Updated - - -

but he actually said that tho. You should be mad at morrissey for saying racist stuff instead js :)

+100 those moz comments are totally racist.

true. he said obama was white on the inside. thats sounds a little racist to me.

Well according to the severed alliance he did date a black girl once......he did try black and he did go back. Or was That book all wrong. Morrissey did come out looking a bit too straight :/

FPOdkRu.png

Rumored cover of new Morrissey song leaks.

what? twist away power bottoms...twist away. :straightface:

You have nothing to contribute to this discussion except insults and deflection. You would do better to ignore the issue. It's been there all along and it won't go away because you feign confusion and make strange insults at people who lay out their thoughts quite clearly. You can, and should, plug your ears and say "I can't hear you," but you can't keep everyone else from realizing that comments about "opening the floodgates" fit a racist agenda. "Life is hard enough when you belong here," passed my attention for years because I'm white and live in a country founded by white people with white privilege written in to the Constitution. I have never had that feeling of being where I didn't belong. But it says, "you do not belong here," and the audacity to put that in a song is shocking. Whether he is aware of it or not that is a very offensive thing to say, especially when you consider that most people who immigrate to England or the United States are from countries that were gleefully exploited for centuries. You must be aware that indigenous peoples were considered a sub-species, and primitive anthropologists wrote what were considered at the time scientific studies to back up this point of view for the purpose of justifying the destruction of many cultures, and the genocide of any "race" who got in the way.
You're either on one side or the other and it's actually really stupid to be so vocal against a monarchy while simultaneously believing that some people are entitled to a right to be here and others are not. The whole idea behind a monarchy is entitlement.

So, why not stick to topics where you have something to add, or, if you feel you have something to add here, say it. All you're doing is trying to block discussion on an issue that you must be intelligent enough to realize can't really be satisfactorily explained away. I love Morrissey's music and probably listened to him when you were a tadpole, which is why I don't dismiss his statements, but that's really what you're doing. No one took anything out of context for their own agenda. The party that uses this image has to be given their due because as repulsive as they are, they are very clever at finding common ground on singular issues. I see people sharing their garbage on Facebook regularly because they will make statements that most people can agree with in isolation. They talk about homeless veterans, for example, which is a problem and a shame. But they will write "Why don't we do as much to help homeless veterans as we do to help immigrants?" That's reasonable. But it's not about the homeless population, it's about those who fought for Britain, which, again, fair enough, but it's also saying, "Aren't you upset that we help immigrants?" The point is that if Morrissey says something that can be used to further a racist agenda, you're really being willfully ignorant to treat him like a child who just says things with no idea of the implications, and to treat the readers of this site like idiots who can be distracted by a few stupid insults.

I stand corrected. Now that you shared this, I do remember reading it. I was thinking of the "Obama's white inside" comments, which I personally think are a different point.

things are very very slow over at the blue rose blog. membership is down to no one. he is trying to drum up some new members here with little success.

So go join it then. Create a handle...So you don't have to be anonymous anymore. :straightface:

AHA! you finally admit the truth that you are the nut from blue rose 'society'!!! might as well you fooled no one.

Everything a white guy says nowadays is racist. The word racist is so overused as to no longer actually mean anything.

As to the comment on who Morrissey "dates"... oy. Homosexuals must be sexist, because they exclude women. Nice one.

People have preferences. They don't have to explain them, and if you make unfounded inferences, that's only a demonstration of your own confirmation bias, not any definite reality.

Back
Top Bottom