Morrissey's image and quote being used by BNP on Facebook

nobody is interested in having moz defend himself.
we are just stating well established facts concerning his views.

thats probably because the charges of moz racist comments go back many years, even before there was an internet.

thats like the other mozbot who claimed bad reviews are proof of greatness, ergo, nobody gets worse reviews than moz thats how he got to be a genius via bad reviews.

Re: Morrisey's image and quote being used by BNP on Facebook

As I already stated in post #33 & #36. I don't feel that artists need to defend themselves. Or feel they should or must self-censor themselves.

And you must of missed it... But for me 'the telling' is in his VOICE. peace, K.S.

That was never the point. No one is demanding Morrissey explain himself, or censor himself. As Malcolm X, someone whose quotes are not nearly as ambiguous as Morrissey's, once said, "I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he's wrong, than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil." And since artists don't need to defend themselves their fans certainly don't need to defend them either, especially when their arguments do not help, but actually make it more clear how much of "the kool-aid" one must drink to be in the cult of Morrissey.

No one "missed it," but I think it's actually charitable to let your comments on the VOICE stand without rebuttal. Thanks, though.

Do you understand that there's a bit if a problem with going to a French-language source for the definition of an English word? Just checking.

Do you understand it is exactly the same word in both languages?

I can't believe i have to explain that (i) and that I am still arguing with you (ii).

LOL.
and im the pope.

What's your point?

Do you understand it is exactly the same word in both languages?

I can't believe i have to explain that (i) and that I am still arguing with you (ii).

the still arguing is the point for this person i believe. they just wanna sow discontent and make an argument out of nothing. there point and intention is harassment

the point being that you are posting bollocks. the person who tells the immigrant to go home is the native not the immigrant. immigrant is the one going into the country. the bengali is not telling himself to go home moz is.
dont be dense.

moz has a long history of racist comments, you can spin it otherwise despite him being your idol. yes your idol has expressed racist views many times there is sense at this point to spin it out of existence.

the point being that you are posting bollocks. the person who tells the immigrant to go home is the native not the immigrant. immigrant is the one going into the country. the bengali is not telling himself to go home moz is.
dont be dense.

In that peculiar case, the point was whether immigrants could say that they "don't belong here", not who tells the immigrant to go back to his native country.

So I am asking again, what is your point?

moz has a long history of racist comments, you can spin it otherwise despite him being your idol. yes your idol has expressed racist views many times there is sense at this point to spin it out of existence.

Read the discussion, as far as I am concerned, it was to establish whether the line "Life is hard enough when you belong here" is racist or not.

After I prove that it was obviously not, some anonymous posters began to make assumptions and discuss something else.

Believe it or not, I am more concerned about Morrissey's statements about McDonald's after the Norwegian shooting, than those about British identity.

SO....WHAT... is the/your point ?

If you're not asking his fans or M to defend(=explain himself/not be ambiguous). Then... what DO you want ?

The thread was not about the line in 'BIP'. But you continually kept asking for an EXPLANATION of it?

You kept asking for someone to DEFEND it.

And ART IS ambiguous(thank gawd)... and to me Malcolm X is not a poet(though I'm sure what he said/wrote can be looked at as poetic).

M IS an ARTIST/ POET... ALSO he is BOTH angel and devil rolled into ONE! Holding NOT a harp or pitchfork, but a... MICROPHONE ! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_Q96eJr1k

And to add..not 'kool-aid' honey. I drink the HARDER stuff it's called 'Cool-aid'. It's as you can see MUCH 'cooler'. ;):straightface:

Anyway, this was an interesting thread in spite of the many attempts made to derail it. Thanks for helping me prove my point.

In that peculiar case, the point was whether immigrants could say that they "don't belong here", not who tells the immigrant to go back to his native country.

So I am asking again, what is your point?

Read the discussion, as far as I am concerned, it was to establish whether the line "Life is hard enough when you belong here" is racist or not.

After I prove that it was obviously not, some anonymous posters began to make assumptions and discuss something else.

Believe it or not, I am more concerned about Morrissey's statements about McDonald's after the Norwegian shooting, than those about British identity.

dont give it too much thought it is racist. 'life is hard enough when you belong here' lol. i suppose its a walk in the park, life in bangladesh.

Dear 'Pointful',

you're TOO ...:lbf: ! But I like ya, Let's meet up, have a drink ?

And I 'promise' not to..... slip you a mickey. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ah1kucA5rw

I don't understand. What's the video for? Is it symbolic to you and do you just include it because you like it. Or are you saying something specific throughly the lyrics. It may be just be me but I interpret the lyrics of songs specifically based on my life and experiences and how that fits with me. Because music is so personal and subjective that it has each listeners own meaning. So your statement has maybe lost its intent when you substitute a song for conveying a thought. Or at least include your take so we can see yours. I only mention it because I stopped clicking your video links, knowing I wouldn't get it.

I do this frequently when I link videos in my blog, which makes my intent known with pretty much certainty.

When the intention
Is obfuscation
Clarification has no place in
Communication

only mozbots obfuscate themselves, regular peeps are well aware as to moz racist/xenophobic utterances.

If I'm a white Canadian, do I belong in England?

Nope.

If I'm a coloured Hondouran, do I belong in England?

Nope.

It's not about race or colour.

If I have slits for eyes and am a third generation German of Korean descent, do I belong in Korea?

Nope.

You can twist the intention to suit your interpretation, sure. He might have sung "life is hard enough when you were born here". The key word there is born. Yes, I am also interpreting, and potentially re-interpreting the meaning here. That's inevitably part of deriving meaning in any writing from another. But the point is, if you weren't born somewhere, you don't necessarily belong there. If he set the song in Manchester singing about a Londoner contemplating relocation, it would not be a race issue, but a North versus South grapple.

Studies show that people prefer those similar to them. So even if you concede that Morrissey would prefer that foreigners stay where they "belong", which of course is only a matter of your opinion, not necessarily his actual belief, you're being hypocritical and ignoring practicality. Most people prefer to make sure their family is doing fine before they let the needy neighbour move in. That is to say, perhaps countries like England have people who were born and braised there who are struggling, and would perhaps be better suited attending to their own poverty before they add foreign claim-stakers who were not born there and as such do not "belong".

For example, it is well documented that many First Nations in Canada are poverty stricken, yet immigrants are brought in at a flood's pace with insufficient effort to deal with poverty among not only those of any race who were born in Canada, but our indigenous population who certainly deserve priority over immigrants looking for a slice of the pie; for instance, that single Indian man who is attempting to manipulate the system looking for a Canadian bride so he can stay here legally.

Think for yourself and don't let the political hysterics tell you "this is the right way", just because they say so. In reality, I don't even care whether or not Morrissey dislikes the idea of foreigners taking over England. He is not violently attacking people because of their race or colour. He is not part of some idiotic organization like the KKK. I have no illusions about the fact that prejudice exists in every human being. The political hysterics will guilt you for being white, but one should understand and accept that a black person, a yellow person, a Christian, a Muslim, a Jew -- they all have equal potential for prejudice. We are all wary of those who are different from us. Political hysteria need not stand in the way of reasonable practicality.

(An aside: If I wave around a Canadian flag and say "Canada rules, f*** Hondouras" after Canada's win yesterday against them, does that make me racist if I'm white, but prideful if I'm of colour? The reasonable person says one thing, the political hysteric says a predictable other.)

Last edited:

saying that obama is not black enough due to his features is totally one hundred percent racist. you dont see that way because you agree with him.

He's basically lamenting that Obama may have only been elected due to his rather conservative white conformity and resemblance, and wondering if an equally qualified black person who had more African features and was less content to just maintain the status quo (particularly for black Americans) would have actually been able to get elected.

It actually speaks to my point above. There are issues among populations in America that were actually born there, and even a black president doesn't make a special effort to make change.

Instead of people flooding across borders worldwide to search for an oasis, maybe we would do better to create better places for people where they actually belong. Or does that make too much sense?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom