TTY: Los Angeles Billboard

An anonymous person writes:

​Los Angeles Billboard​ - true-to-you.net

los_angeles_billboard.jpg

Photo by Sam Esty Rayner?

sam_esty_rayner_photography / Instagram:
The sky became mad with stars. Photo by me.
www.facebook.com/samphotog

sam_esty_rayner_photography / Instagram:
...Only gone and got my photography up on a billboard in LA.
Oh, and there's something about a Morrissey NYE concert or other.
www.facebook.com/samphotog
www.modelmayhem.com/758493

#morrissey #la #photooftheday #pic #photo

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
C. He prefers to have his concerts end early so he can retreat to his hotel.

More like so he can retreat back to Malibu for a home cooked spaghetti meal. You people just don't get it. Anonymous-

Surely people have got better things to do on New Year's Eve than go and see a dinosaur performing the same old shit again and again with the added bonus of the performing monkey Ryanair running around with his I-phone camera.
Would'nt surprise me if he has security weighing people on the entrance, what a tw#t he's turned out to be ! Total fruitcake just like his chum Russell Braindamage.
He just cannot be taken seriously anymore ! Radio rental !
Bring on the hearse ffs.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Yeah, hopefully on New Year's Eve you can stay at home crying in the closet and make a promise to yourself to be less of a numbnuts in 2016.

I have talked with various people who have opened for him and it is quite common that he doesn't pay the opening act anything.

They get to play live and sell merch. They pay for all their own expenses.

I'm not saying this is true for every act and I'm sure he gave KY money because they were friends but he could easily find people/bands to open for free if he wanted.

That is very interesting. I would have guessed that they would get at least a percentage even if it was a small amount. I agree with KS above that he really hasn't had a consistent, strong opening act for quite some time. I remember reading here once a while back that the Killers opened for him. Just once if I remember correctly. Now that would motivate me to buy a ticket. Like you say, there have to be any number of start-up bands that would love the exposure, and with the current set list he is dragging around the world New Year's Eve night could use a little infusion of energy. Especially in LA where you would think you would be tripping over musicians at every turn.

Why not give three bands 20 minutes each to play a few songs and stretch out the night a bit? Make it into more of a party. Not his style of course. Showing MIM is no doubt a given as well. Nothing helps celebrate the ringing in of a new year like watching animals get slaughtered. I understand his beliefs and the right to express them as he sees fit, but FFS take a night off and have some fun. He has become the Debbie Downer of the rock world. He needs to start drinking the vodka before the concerts rather than back at the hotel before getting on the internet.

That is very interesting. I would have guessed that they would get at least a percentage even if it was a small amount. I agree with KS above that he really hasn't had a consistent, strong opening act for quite some time. I remember reading here once a while back that the Killers opened for him. Just once if I remember correctly. Now that would motivate me to buy a ticket. Like you say, there have to be any number of start-up bands that would love the exposure, and with the current set list he is dragging around the world New Year's Eve night could use a little infusion of energy. Especially in LA where you would think you would be tripping over musicians at every turn.

Why not give three bands 20 minutes each to play a few songs and stretch out the night a bit? Make it into more of a party. Not his style of course. Showing MIM is no doubt a given as well. Nothing helps celebrate the ringing in of a new year like watching animals get slaughtered. I understand his beliefs and the right to express them as he sees fit, but FFS take a night off and have some fun. He has become the Debbie Downer of the rock world. He needs to start drinking the vodka before the concerts rather than back at the hotel before getting on the internet.

Anna Calvi opened for him last year for some concerts and she was amazing. I'd never heard of her and now I have all her songs. Top artist.
Sack were great too, back in the day. A lot of his supports have been crap. I wanted to cement my ear-holes after hearing Krusty Young for the Ringstinker Tour. Franc were fairly rubbish too. I can't even remember the names of the other bad supports he's had in his time. He should pay them though. He can afford to.

Blykey, I reckon ya'll why it is so important for you lots if he has an opening act, but I will let the secret out. There will be TWO opening acts. James Newell Osterberg, Jr. and Buster Poindexter.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get a Dodger cap in Born Mouth? I will even trade me cherished Yankee cap for one. Cheers chaps!

Nigel the British Vegetarian (non vegan) ////)))///

Last edited:
Anna Calvi opened for him last year for some concerts and she was amazing. I'd never heard of her and now I have all her songs. Top artist.
Sack were great too, back in the day. A lot of his supports have been crap. I wanted to cement my ear-holes after hearing Krusty Young for the Ringstinker Tour. Franc were fairly rubbish too. I can't even remember the names of the other bad supports he's had in his time. He should pay them though. He can afford to.

I agree about Anna. I you tubed a few of her videos and I like her music. :laughing: I saw Moz in Philly a few years back and KY was the opening ACT. Thank god it was an outdoor venue that had grass seating wayyyyyy in the back. Still you could hear the screeching and keyboard banging. I think many people had the same idea because when it ended there was a flow down to the seated part of the theater. The hoops that bands have to jump through must be more intense than those at a dog show.

Morrissey will be presenting a very special, career-spanning setlist on New Years Eve. These selections are sure to get the crowd in a celebratory mood and create a real party atmosphere in the Galen Center.

At Last I Am Born
Scandinavia
Dial-a-Cliché
Papa Jack
Journalists Who Lie
America is Not the World
Michael's Bones
Back to the Old House
Kick the Bride Down the Aisle
The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye
You Were Good In Your Time
Julie In The Weeds
Christian Dior
Because Of My Poor Education
To Give (Is The Reason I Live)
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
You Should Have Been Nice To Me
Oscillate Wildly
--------------------
Suffer Little Children
Meat is Murder

Who hoo! So excited , tickets in hand. See you NYE Morrissey, if you are looking for someone to kiss at midnight I will be down in front.

Morrissey will be presenting a very special, career-spanning setlist on New Years Eve. These selections are sure to get the crowd in a celebratory mood and create a real party atmosphere in the Galen Center.

At Last I Am Born
Scandinavia
Dial-a-Cliché
Papa Jack
Journalists Who Lie
America is Not the World
Michael's Bones
Back to the Old House
Kick the Bride Down the Aisle
The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye
You Were Good In Your Time
Julie In The Weeds
Christian Dior
Because Of My Poor Education
To Give (Is The Reason I Live)
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
You Should Have Been Nice To Me
Oscillate Wildly
--------------------
Suffer Little Children
Meat is Murder

It is exactly this! He complains that the crowd has no energy, but half of the concert should be called "Music to Sleep to". With his current set list you need to have seated venues because most people find it difficult to stand when they are falling asleep. The only addition to your set list would be to include a 1/2 hour intermission after Back to the Old House where concert goers can lay down their blankets and take a nap like we did in kindergarten.

Last edited:
He needs to start drinking the vodka before the concerts rather than back at the hotel before getting on the internet.

Not a bad idea in itself, but I'm not sure he's always a happy drunk.

That said, paying to spend the last evening of the year with a depressed drunk (instead of meeting one for free at a party) could become the latest craze, in some parts of the world...

I saw The Libertines support him at Brixton Academy, 2002. That was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom